28 Changes In D2: Resurrected [+More Post-Launch]

I love it, please keep adding to this as time goes on.

1 Like

" * Wide-screen support up to 19:9"

Nope - been removed already. Practice a little more if ya wanna be better at PVP :wink:

No, it hasn’t, Rod Fergusson commented on twitter that 19:9 support WILL be available on launch. Sorry bud.

well thank you sir. i will :). hopefully they make changes very soon after launch and we dont have to wait months.

I highly doubt the character limits will stay, or at least they will be greatly increased.

Everyone knows in D3 you don’t make separate characters of the same class since you can swap skills on command. D2 literally needs tons of character slots for both mules (since they wont increase stash space) and for multiple of each class.

2 Likes

“No, it hasn’t, Rob Fergusson commented on twitter that 19:9 support WILL be available on launch. Sorry bud.”

As false as the promise of 21:9.

They want your preorders. Duh.

Sorry bud - you’ll need to simply get good at pvp :wink:

based on what?

i dont PVP in D2. this is just a list of changes. Sorry you aren’t happy with the 19:9 resolution, but your PVP will be fine.

2 Likes

I have a monitor that can do 21:9 and will be able to use 19:9 - LOL. I simply don’t need to use my ability to own higher priced electronics than others to have an advantage at a 20 year old remastered game.

I’m interested in all of us having fun - not watching a few who got slapped in original spend $1,000 on a high interest credit card which they have no idea how they’ll pay back to finally feel accomplished in Diablo 2 XD.

You’re still not getting it and you still gotta get good at pvp by practice, sorry bud :smiley:

doesn’t really matter at this point. already been confirmed. Sorry dude. GG

2 Likes

Wrong. But OK!

Just like 21:9 was confirmed, remember :wink:

Oh and thanks for confirming the truth - you did get slapped bad and now you wanted an advantage you arent gonna get :smiley:

no. its correct. Its been confirmed by the lead design on twitter. their random “wide screen support” before wasn’t official, it was PR. They didnt actually even implement it yet. Once they actually did, they realized 19:9 was the biggest they could go.

2 Likes

… you obviously don’t work with software or you’d know NOTHING is final until it’s actually released.

No worries - hold onto to your dreams (even tho a skilled pvper on 16:9 is still going to wreck you anyway even if you had 21:9)

Oh - and corporate Executives have never used anyone lower on the “totem pole” to be a fall guy and lie to the public to generate sales. Yep.

What world do you live in?

1 Like

i love how you think you can will things into existence by screaming “no, no no no NO” despite evidence to the contrary. Its been confirmed, get over it.

Literally this guy:

i live in reality. not sure where you floated off to tho.

2 Likes

OK - I think I must break this down for you slowly:

• D2r is not released yet.
  • As you have already admitted, you have experienced this first hand by TCP/IP being removed which they announced as a feature.
  • i love how you think you can will things into existence by screaming “WE ALL GET A TROPHY” despite evidence to the contrary. It hasn’t been confirmed and anyone who works in or has worked in the software industry will tell you that ideas and concepts mean nothing until they come to actually be – get over it and get good at PVP ;).

Trust me, I am well aware of your lack of intelligence on the subject but sufficient arrogance to have no self-awareness. So please, keep going :smiley:

this change isn’t quite confirmed for launch still sadly but hopefully.

literally the head of all diablo projects at blizzard is not the low guy on a totem pole you sacrifice, they would have pez or one of the CMs do it if they were protecting executives.

almost like people who talk about how hardcore and balanced d2 pvp and how much skill you need and yet rely on bugs to actually play it…

1 Like

wait really, why? i thought everything was set to launch at the same time?

The irony is just too much. The EP and head of the Diablo franchise literally confirmed widescreen up to 19:9 on twitter. You can cry all you want and act like a condescending teenager who thinks he knows better but it won’t change the reality that widescreen support exists. its been confirmed, let it go.

2 Likes

they didn’t beta test it and gave a weird cryptic answer about it being ready for launch with a special note of “date subject to change” when none of the other console or pc dates had that warning.

Yikes thats not good. Link? or was it on Rods twitter again? lol.

*WIDESCREEN UPDATE: Looks like Rod replied to someone suggesting they would actually remove the black bars entirely from the widescreen mode when you zoom in as a possible compromise? interesting:

1 Like

Q: Why is the Beta not playable on Nintendo Switch ™?
A: We are working closely with our platform partners to ensure a successful launch of Diablo II: Resurrected on all platforms. While the Open Beta will not be available for the Nintendo Switch ™ system, the Heritage of Arreat transmog for Diablo III is intended to be available as a pre-order incentive to players on Nintendo Switch™ when Diablo II: Resurrected launches across all platforms on September 23 (subject to changes). Wishlist Diablo II: Resurrected on Nintendo Switch™ to stay up to date.

and then later on the same page

Q: When will Diablo II: Resurrected be released?
A: Diablo II: Resurrected will launch on September 23, 2021.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23688836/play-diablo-ii-resurrected-during-the-early-access-and-open-beta```
2 Likes

I would say that most of these things affect the economy more than an optional timed player assigned ploot system would. Let’s implement that.

But defense doesn’t really give you a huge advantage actually.