2.7 PTR is not S23 PTR?

Does this mean there is another PTR coming after 2.7 is complete?

There’s still hope for Weapon Throw Skulars buff!

6 Likes

It’s true, I didn’t realize there’s no mention about the new season on it.

Maybe is a long term PTR by opening certains weeks to test changes?

1 Like

That would not surprise me.

The follower change is pretty massive. I would be surprised if they just test it for only a week, or even two.

3 Likes

I believe so too. People just assume it’s for the Season but it doesn’t talk about the season in it.

2 Likes

Maybe they just don’t want to reveal the theme of the season yet, or they don’t want players to focus as much on season testing as opposed to the balance and sets.

But it has been seen before a new season added during PTR test. Usually to focus testing on actual test and balance of changes rather than other things.

1 Like

Idk, there was this bit in the blog post:

Season Rewards: Two unique new rewards, a portrait frame, and a pet will be granted to players who complete the Season 23 Guardian Journey. Please note that the reward content will not be available during PTR 2.7.0.

I was wrong. Pez confirmed this is the seasonal Theme as well.

4 Likes

I also think the season theme is the follower changes BUT that those migrate to non season when the season ends. So they become perm.

3 Likes

Correct. :+1: :smiley_cat:

Wait…will the follower changes not take effect on Non-Seasonal until Patch 2.7.1.

I went over the notes again and I didn’t get that from the patch notes.

Rykker is also reading that changes will drop simultaneously for Season and NS.

That’s how I read it, too. Not a whole lot of incentive to play Season.

5 Likes

I completely read everything and thought that it was weird that there is no season theme/buff, but looks like just an update and not a new season PTR, interesting one though.

1 Like

Based off of the post, this is the intended seasonal theme, but they will go live for both season and non-season when 2.7 goes live. Basically, I am reading this as a patch, then there will be no seasonal theme as this is a big change.

I am 100% okay if that is the fact as well, all of these changes are the best we could ask for in terms of a solo mindset as a seasonal theme.

4 Likes

I have been told that is indeed the case. Those changes roll out to Seasons and Non-Seasons at the same time.

Season focus is using those changes and the Leaderboard changes. So, maybe season of solo play vs group play will be how we think of it.

Honestly, I am thrilled to see Solo having some major changes seeing as that is the mode I play and there have been tons of comments for years about how far behind solo play was.

15 Likes

It only took 9 years to update the followers, I run solo so bring it on this will be fun. Need to start filling up the stash to gear them out. I deck out my followers every season, but this will be crazy.

5 Likes

Indeed. Seeing as this is Non Season too I can farm up the gear I want ahead of time.

The gear for the followers looks like they are going to make Solo farming for mats and stuff very viable.

Now, if only they would make a QoL change I want badly.

Small GUI bar or window that shows mats and gold collected over the duration of the game session. If you are farming it is nice to see how much you gained in an easy to view format.

4 Likes

Could Asheara’s Vestments actually be a thing now? I do not chase the leader boards, I have personal goals.

5 Likes

Season of no season theme. So brilliant!!!

4 Likes