Why Economy Arguments are Utter Garbage (in regards to P8)

Wow what a genius, how would you figure? Making it more time consuming and getting absolute zero reward why would people want that?

Of course we want it for the exp and drops. They have 4.5x more HP and more damage so we should have all the bonus.

In any case it’s pointless, more changes are coming to D2R and I am 200% certain Blizzard knows people want more loot/exp/difficulty.

2 Likes

Who are these alt accounts? I know for a fact that I have only one account that has posted in this thread. Is this more ad hominen since your argument lacks merit?

2 Likes

I have that guy ignored and never felt better, love seing “Ignored content” into that quoteblock.

Only ad hominem, spam, and personal insults. They are incapable of discussing the actual video game and giving any logical counter argument.

1 Like

LOL you do realize this sub is filled with nostalgia-driven purists right?

Outside these platforms, purists are outnumbered severely. The type of people that stick around Blizzard forums are the ones who have been brainlessly playing this game without change for years.

3 Likes

A threaded filled with nostalgia filled people for a game that’s 22 years old? Amazing.

1 Like

I should but some new forum member might fall for that nonsense if tbey were not informed. Truth shall win.

Hey my name is Vechain.
And i just called my self out…

I’m fairly sure blizzard thinks everyone wants the game easier, and the only reason they’d add more drops would be to sell more mule accounts.

He’s the kinda guy who pays more money into more expensive slots that have worse payout and thinks that’s smart design for the player.

1 Like

I’m the one that plays the game to waste time and enjoy the rarity because it makes GG drops after feel like I got something. I’d rather have a gold nugget than a sack of coal any day.

Question. If XP and drops come faster, what exactly do you do on D2 after you have them?

Thats all the want.
Some of them even ask for free hand outs on this forum. i have been given free to some of them even. Its sad to se.

candy crush is out ther for them, D2R is obv to hard for them.

There is no inaccurate info on maxroll. Point me to it. The people that run it know the game 100x better than you.

2 Likes

It’s really not abnormal for players to expect more difficult AND rewarding content as their character progresses through the game. Playing the game on P1 becomes trivial at some point during character progression and it’s only natural for the player to say “hey what’s the next challenge”.

I think the main argument Anti P8 people really have is - you don’t want everyone having easy access to the most difficult and rewarding setting of the game because the difficulty is too EASY. I don’t think we would be having this conversion if it took a fully geared Hammerdin 20 minutes to do a P8 Choas or Baal run.

On the other hand, Pro P8 people feel that the current game forces you into a corner because it has very anti-multiplayer design at end-game AND there is currently no need to P8 with more than 1 person. Also, the best options for farming P8 force you outside of the game and take way to much time to put together.

3 Likes

Has anyone asked for a “free handout” or was it only after trying to get proof of a weird claim?

1 Like

But with p8, people will just be even more anti-multiplayer… so it dosent really make sence. Not any of ther "arguments make sence.

You are a selfish player who ignores other peoples valid arguments. You are not smart and do not understand the system. If there are so many other games that have what you want, go to them. Stop trying to nasi this game

3 Likes

Can anyone translate?

That lack of a never ending progression treadmill is honestly why I like D2 so much and hated D3. It’s a great break from a lot of other games I enjoy that are just as, if not more time consuming.

My issue is you will always end up that that same point regardless. I don’t see a reason to speed the process up any more. There is a very short list of items I haven’t found at least 1 of on D2R… and I took a 3 month break and play other games as well. It’s really not as bad as people make it out to be.

As for difficulty… they could start by not buffing already strong builds, then maybe nerf a few. Or every time they “fix” a bug that lowers difficulty… increase it in some other way.

But there is no multiplayer at end-game…I am in full agreeance that P8 is not the best solution BUT the majority of game play is done at end-game. The P8 solution would reduce the MP experience in the 1-7 days people spend at the start of a season leveling up to extend the life of the next 80+ days in the saeson.

The reason this debate is coming up over the last 3 months is that everyone has leveled up all their characters and is looking to play the game at its hardest difficulty without having to jump through a bunch of annoying hoops to get there.

3 Likes

I think it’s a developmental stage of phenetic cuneiform.

2 Likes