Time to make shrine interesting and equally so

1. shrines should stack

2. shrines shouldn’t be removed by curses

3. duration shrines now disactivate when you use portals or wp. Keeping there effects bound to the place where you have found them, somewhat tying their buff to the land

4)nearby players also get the shrine if it’s a buff shrine

1. rework shrines
  • stamina shrine

reworked as Velocity shrine and now increases attack and movement speed

• fire resist shrine

renamed to Fire shrine and now grants Increased fire damage on top of its resists. lightning,cold, poison shrine gets the same thing as fire shrine

• skill shrine

is fine

• combat shrine

now grants “always hit”

• experience shrine

is fine

• refilling shrine

now also refills your tomes and belt, charges, quantity and durability (on ethereal too but could be a fraction)

• mana regen shrine

now also has damage taken returned as mana

• portal shrine

still opens a portal and a message pops “you have established mastery over this land” and it reveals the map of this areas and monsters location on the map

• fire shrine

renamed as Combustion shrine and adds for a certain duration (100%melee,50% range) chance to cast lvl x on hit ( combustion being a Diablo 1 skill that shoots fireballs around you)

• explosive and poison shrines

no longer drop potions but instead add their effects to your weapon. Their damage is based on a fraction of your weapon damage

• health shrine

still refills you but also temporarily give you 50% extra life

• mana shrine

still refills you but also temporarily give you 50% extra mana

• defence shrine

DR%

• Monster shrine

now duration and turns nearby monsters into Unique or champion 1 at a time as long as you kill the turned one

• gem shrine

now duration and increase the odds of monsters to drop gems and runes

Reminder: as always likes are appreciated but if you really like a topic, it’s the replies that helps it keep rolling, so please here or any other topic you like, drop a comment

3 Likes

refilling. no. mana regen, no. portal, no. but could be cool if there was an optional area to go to. fire shrine eh, same as poision. poision mm, cnt remember how effective it is activating it around enemies. health, nah not needed. same with mana. monster, eh. n gem, nah, no runes. but the other idea not too bad.

my quick thoughts.

others sounds like food for thoughts

no

no

no

clearly no

the first points virtually scream “make the game easier! make the game easier!”
sorry but why exactly do you want to rework the shrines ?! theyr ok as they are. i mean…they are like that for a long time.

4 Likes

only change i would agree with here is that they dont get removed by curse, the rest are overkill

3 Likes

I agree, curses instantly removing a shrine you just got seems a bit quirky but it also doesn’t matter to me if they leave it.

Additionally I always found that portal shrines are the most useless shrines.

I would rather the portal shrine reveal the way point of the area you’re in. This would be much more useful imo.

Potentially even converted to reveal map shrine instead of portal (only the map you are currently in)this is still potentially asking too much.

The rest of these are just too much

that sounds like a cool thing, maphack shrine haha or whatever you want to call it

Visionary shrine is perhaps a bit more palettable

I agree that portal shrine revealing the rest of the area could be something pretty cool

But considering it’s very rare, I would make it reveal maybe more, like 2-3 areas further

Or for a short duration shows monsters on map

People easily say “this is bad, this is too much” but why would I care if they can’t even justify the why of what they claim

I’ll give much more credit to somebody that says my idea is too much and tried to explain why than somebody who disingenuously just reply “this is overkill”

You never even asked me why, you just immediately said you don’t care.
Social skills my dude, just try asking next time.

This would be too much of a buff to the shrine, unnessary.

many interesting changes here. i liked most of them. personally i always found the shrines to be a bit silly. they doesn’t really fit into the game (my opinion). some changes to make them feel more immersive would be a very nice improvement.

2 Likes

Ok

Yet you don’t have a problem with them not saying why when they agree or which ones they actually even agree with.

Cmon
You’re better than that
Let’s not be a hypocrite

People that agree with something don’t have to justify why because… the premise is their argument

Disagreeing with the premise is generating a whole other argument

That’s why agree doesn’t require further explaining

1 Like

You didn’t even ask which ones they agreed with or which ones they disagreed with.
It’s pretty transparent that you arnt open to criticism of your ideas.

1 Like

He said he liked most of them, could be indifferent to the rest

But surely didn’t came against them, which is what needs to be explained

You want me to be a villain so bad… it’s sad

Have a good day seks, I’ll be back in later I’m sure.

1 Like

The only thing I’d like to see about shrines change is to have a timer for how much longer the shrine is going to last. Other than that, leave it alone.

i’m not a fan of timers. if they add timers, then i hope it’s optional. i don’t like how the new icon you get from stamina buff looks. i think they should change the grey colour. maybe the buff could fade more and more until it vanishes.

have you considered what you’re new shrine buffs would look like? or how much it would improve drops?

this one seems a bit to strong. huge boost if you save them for act bosses or clone.
+200% to Attack Rating, +200% min and max damage is already strong enough in my opinion.

didn’t like this change either, but the rest seems fine to me. at least in how i imagine them. guess we’ll never know.

I guess you missed the part where I specifically said that using portal or waypoints removes the shrine effects… therefor you can’t save them, you most likely have to use them in the areas they are found in

Why would I? I bring concepts not balance numbers

If I have numbers I’d be attacked on it even more than I’m right now, wether it’s too low or too high, never good enough

That’s the problem with all your “concepts” which are basically half thought ideas…

1 Like

That’s the problem, tou hate me so much for no reasons that’s your brain doesn’t even compile and comprehend what you read when you read my posts… if you read them at all

Most of my concepts have balance values in mind, but most of the time I don’t share them because it’s just more matter for haters to misinterpreted and derail the topics

Even with numbers in mind, it’s often better to just explain a raw concept and leave the values balancing up to the reader’s instinct and/or blizzard once they implement it

2 Likes