Season 3 ladder reset timing update

terror zones are a half decent addition, but as i’ve said about 30 times already, 1 hour and switch zone. is a SNOOZE fest, i don’t know if you watch any streamers, or play with other players, but sometimes a certain zone will turn on that they all say “let’s break for the hour to come back and see if the next one is better” like it’s actually just the worst way to implement something…

they could be making it so much more fun and intuitive. not just another baal run. that switches it location every hour. and with sunder charm doesn’t matter what area it is, can kill it with your tarnhelm . silks of victor / trash gear…

Oh, it’s been a week, any new info yet?

1 Like

It’s me, new info!

We are currently looking at ramping up a PTR for early next week. Big focus will be testing out some new runewords.

You may start to see those over the weekend from some friends. The team is looking forward to the feedback.

26 Likes

Really cool. Please just keep one thing in mind. 90% of all uniques and sets are already dated and SO bad. In the end, all we will be using are runewords.

It would be amazing to have updated uniques/sets as well. We have a massive power creep incoming here.

22 Likes

Weeee glad this ladder will have some new runewords! Any word on runestacking? Also will sunders be going away?

7 Likes

Why is Blizzard hiding stuff from BlizzTrack.com? You all trying to surprise us or something? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sneaky sneaky!

1 Like

Thanks for the update Pez! Sounds similar to the event from pre-season 1 where streamers got to slowly reveal new runewords, hmm.

Wonder what kind of stuff we will see.

1 Like

Yeah ah what this guy said :+1:

3 Likes

No chance the devs plan to fix the balance on melee weapons so that they actually do decent damage compared to the average spell? That imbalance predates D2R and really does need addressing.

5 Likes

they’ve made it pretty clear they dont want to touch upon the original game that much. everything theyve done so far is QoL, standardization, and new content/features. theyve done very little to “balance” anything, especially items, and i dont think they intend to, as they’re adding runewords yet again when the majority of unique and set items are not very good

2 Likes

Thank you. Please make the new RWs balanced (and the old ones as well)!

Does it mean that the streamers will get preferential treatment again?

1 Like

yes, they will also be given 1000 free high runes to make these runewords when the ladder resets to show them off /s

What ever happened to itemization improvements of uniques and sets? The last thing the game currently needs is even greater dependance on runewords.

10 Likes

It sounds like this is another last minute decision to avoid backlash for not having anything planned for D2R since they didn’t say anything about a PTR a week ago.

Just dumping in new trivial runewords and neglecting other aspects of the game is akin to wiping your a** with s***. It’s pointless.

2 Likes

Does that mean the current ladder-only runewords will be constructible in non-ladder once the new season starts with these upcoming new ones?

2 Likes

I mean the last set of runewords were so damn useful. Flickering Flame made fire druids almost viable :eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

Any confirmation if that means current ladder-only runewords will be makeable on non-ladder once current season finishes?

1 Like

Would be greatly appreciated if we can stack our materiels and runes.
Even in smal quantities would be a huge upgrade and not that difficult to add.

6 Likes

Are we getting actual patch notes too?

4 Likes
2 Likes