Season 3 ladder reset timing update

Ty for the update. I noticed the D3 post confirmed an update and that it would be juicy. Any chance we could get any info about d2r? Will there be a patch before season 3 begins?

1 Like

lol why shouldnā€™t you?

Is it the exclusivity that appeals to you? You want an achievement that others shouldnā€™t be able to receive if theyā€™re not able to commit as much time as you do to the game? Is that it?

God I wish theyā€™d bring that back. Make 99 take many months of 12 hrs a day grinding. A real achievement.

4 Likes

Which is not at all to do with anything being discussed here.

Copyright infringement is more obtaining artworks and then using those to reproduce into other ā€œoriginalā€ works - and where the nature of this use doesnā€™t fall under ā€œfair useā€ - without the original Copyright holderā€™s authorisation.

A website that provides a marketplace for two people to negotiate and then trade goods using a separate in-game system that allows this to happen, and where the game authors (the Copyright holders) still retain 100% control over the individual accounts and the virtual goods that they hold, isnā€™t.

The take away? Holding IP and having limited access to virtual goods are not the same thing.

There is, because these uploaded runs act as a record of someoneā€™s progress or completion, and the speedrun website have leaderboards for categories that can be set up.

Itā€™s limited, yes but this is a suitable compromise for something that otherwise will (or should) never be built until the devs get through other things that are more important, which I think will take a very long time.

I hope they change the meta of starter and ubers builds, because it shouldnā€™t be something so difficult to do, and I believe that other people besides me must think the same thing, wanting to start with another type of build, than always HoTE paladin , blizz Wiz, lightning fury amazon, berserk, wake of fireā€¦ please give us content, news, meta diversification, try to somehow lock a farm for something specific.

thats exactly what im discussing here

but yeah, thats not related to the OP

this example do falls under copyright infringement but its concept is not that strict
monetize over someone elses IP without express authorization is the general rule for this felony
and fair use is a complete grey area, i can see public content creation belonging in this category, just like any expressly authorized or encouraged use of IPā€¦but selling in game goods for any kind of monetary credit? No, thats far away from ā€œfair useā€

so you saying people who are asking for a ssf ladder, and non ladder, want it, for example, to see who is the fastest to ā€œbeat hell baal any %ā€?

if this was the case, yeah, recorded spd running would do

is this the case? i dont think so

Like I said, virtual goods and IP are two totally different things in this case. Weā€™re talking about the former, not the latter.

I give you that in that there are differences: showing ladder progression (including before reaching level 99) vs rankings of reaching the end goal in the least possible time.

However, itā€™s the best you will get for now until all other higher priority items are addressed first.

ā€¦ iā€™m not talking to you about this any further, youā€™re obviously the type of person that just would rather have everything handed to you instead of working for it, you donā€™t get it,

iā€™ve probably put more hours into diablo 2 than most people, iā€™ve hit 97 on every class and 98 on quite a few, but i never felt the need to hit 99, itā€™s not something that NEEDS to be done, do you understand that yet ?

Of course I donā€™t understand yet. Can you break it down into a simple explanation for me? Think how you might explain it to your toddler, and do it like that.

Bonus points if you use crayons and scrap paper to draw it out for me in pictures.
:wink:

They need to terrorized everyting to make this game challenging again.

Please do something about bots in this game. Because bots ruining this game.

I donā€™t bot, and will never bot. However, the only person/people that can ruin this game is yourself. Botā€™s donā€™t do effect this game unless you allow them to. You donā€™t have to buy/trade for the botted items. If you care about the ā€œrace to 99ā€ then you need a life outside of Diablo 2.

1 Like

If you trade at all in this game, then yes, bots do affect your game.

2 Likes

I have noticed it seems like 90% of this forum doesnā€™t trade at all. Everyone on here is wanting SSF online ladders, and players X commands for online play. So the apparent vast majority of this forum bots do not effect at all.

I enjoy playing SSF because it stretches out the game for me. Iā€™ve played the trade game plenty of times and have gotten a fully kitted character in a very short period of time. Then after a few weeks into the ladder, Iā€™d get bored. Itā€™s amazing how quickly you can gear up a character from just finding and trading runeword item bases.

Plus, Iā€™d like to see an evolution of the trade functionality of the game, more specifically an in-game trading platform. Creating/searching for ā€œX 4 Yā€ games is annoying. They did add a search function, so that helps.

1 Like

Ouch. I only created my first character on Jan 30s. I guess no point to level anything else.

Terror zones are an amazing addition to increase farming location diversity. I have yet to see a reasonable argument against them being an over all healthy addition to the game. Sunder charms on the other hand I can understand. I personally like them, but they have some major issues to work out. Specifically the cold sorc of course. I donā€™t think sheā€™s over powered. Sheā€™s just too cheap to build for the power. The cold sunder/cold mastery combo is basically all you need. I would like to see some down tuning to cold mastery and how it functions with the sunder charms. Also some continued buffing of less played builds that are now seeing more attention since sunders dropped. Overall I like the foundation of changes they are building, but they better follow up with some balancing/QoL or it will be for nothing.

1 Like

I canā€™t say much for ladder longevity, but I made it about 10 weeks into s1 and about 3 months of this current ladder before I just stopped playing Diablo and played a different game or activity with that free time. I did make a 390 damage grief and had another gifted to me. Still no enigma, but Iā€™m getting used to using tele ammys. If you keep one in your cube or inventory, when you die in a spot that isnā€™t that overwhelming but getting back there on foot will mean more exp loss vs rejoining xp loss, having a tele ammy on a naked char is a blessing. If your char is squishy it might be a bit of a gamble to use yourself as bait and lure a pack off your body and use the tele to telestomp your body and either kill on or tp out but I do want to craft/find my own first legit enigma in 20+ years of almost getting there before I lost playing interest or was forced to check out the 100 other games Iā€™ve yet to beat let alone 100%.

Buddy is gonna get back into s3 and has been asking me if Iā€™m gonna be grinding and so far Iā€™m less than enthusiastic about being ready to play probably the best last d2r ladder before the d4 migration. Also been encouraged by friends I grew up playing Diablo 1 and 2 with to preorder d4 or the very least plan to buy and play it with them. Pretty sure I could get a paid for copy if I was reluctant enough, but honestly I am curious about how much Diablo will be in Diablo 4.

You can start your NL item collection. I stopped playing s2. Playing and trading. Most what I was trading is stuff I already have on non ladder. And with time ran out on trade value, i and many others will be just dropping/getting rid of excess nl to be loot. For example I donā€™t know how but I have 7 ali babas on NL, 2 on gd barb but still if I had ali baba swords at the endo of ladder I would just give them away.

First of all, thanks for the dev teams of the great job. I am Diablo fans and have loved this game for more than 20 years, then, now and the next coming years. You are so awesome.

Secondly, I have a small team more than 10 person and 2-5 of them can be online at the same time.
In the old days, Diablo/Nihlathak/Baal are the three ways to hit LV99, my teams spent 200 hours on the way from LV98 to LV99(2 hours per day and continues 3 monthes).
Nowadays, we only follow Tal-Rasha, Chaos and Worldstone Keeper these three tzones when I started from LV98.
This lasts me three weeks to got LV99 while I am still hold a normal life, sleep, work and do something else.
Tzones makes the way too easy to reach LV99 than the day of D2LoD.
Easy To Get Easy To Forget.
I think 50-100 hours may be good for LV98-LV99 while I only spent 20 hours around.
I mean the EXP of tzone is too much high and the highest unique monter should be less than LV91.

Thirdly, as I mentioned above about LV91.
In the old days we craft grand charm dropped from Diablo/Nihlathak/Baal to get 45life of a vita affix.
We need to collect pgems or use runes to trade for them.
Nowadays, a lion branded grand charm of vita(45life) is much easier dropped from tzone than the old days.
And pgems seems waste time to collect except amethyst and ruby for crafting.
If the highest drop resticted to LV90, people will keep the interesting of crafting GC.

Forthly, on the whole way to LV99, my team got more than 10 max roll of sunder charms.
The Sunder charms are too easy to gain so we only keep the perfect ones.
If we keep them all, it will totally be around 100.
Especially the cold one, this makes the blizzard sorceress as the GOD.
Meanwhile, this makes the bot more easier to farm.

Last but the more important at my opinion, recover the iron maiden skill of Seis and other doomknight3.

Thanks for your readingā€¦

1 Like