My dream version of D2R ( I am actualy creating it with modding)

Hey, some of you probably saw my two topics I made today about skill changes for Paladin and Barbarian and I will eventualy do a lot more topics like that asking others what they think should be improved in D2R.

Reason for that is I would like to create my own dream version of D2R. Improved Diablo 2 like I would make it or change it to be better game. Some purist probably would not agree but game is far from being perfect.

I used to love Diablo 2 modding years back and never thought that I would start again but here we go. I somehow got into that again after i downloaded mode for bigger stash/cube/inventory and merc equip and I started building changes on top of it. Changes I always wanted and plenty cool ides from people on this forum. Some of them already were busy with ideas in two topics I made today.

Anyway, I already started working on it but its long way to go. If anyone would be interested in my version of patches I will make, I can certainly do it and I will gladly share my work (its currently working as set of txt files you need to use with some file mod structure).

I just finished first version of my patch:

Well to start somewhere I actualy did something nobody talks about but I think it actualy make sense and it is changes to required levels for skills and also their requirements. Why do you need to invest point into Sacrifice to use Fist of Heaven? I dont think it does much sense. Well now you dont have to :slight_smile: and that go for majority of skills. I did also other changes to combat skills and its not final, its just a start as i am learning back what i forgot about modding so i take it slow.

D2R Mod by Zax version 1.00 (Changes to combat skills v1)

• Sacrifice can be leveled to skill level 30
  • Sacrifice self damage at lvl 1 increased to 10% from 8%
  • Sacrifice self damage decreasing with every level up to 0 at level 20
  • Zeal can be used from Level 1
  • Vengeance mana cost is decreased to 1 and increase by 0,25 mana per skill level
  • Vengeance can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Vengeance can be leveled to skill level 30
  • Conversion can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Holy Bolt has new synergy from Sanctuary +20% damage per level
  • Blessed Hammer doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Blessed Hammer basic Mana cost lowered from 5 to 3
  • Smite Mana cost is 0,25 and is increased every skill level by +0,25 mana
  • Charge can be used from Level 1
  • Charge doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Charge Mana cost decreased from 9 to 5 and increasing every skill level by +0,25 mana
  • Holy Shield can be used from level 12
  • Holy Shield Basic mana cost lowered from 35 to 20 and increasing by +1 mana every skill level
  • Holy Shield doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Holy Shield + Shield damage increased by ± 1/3
  • Fist of Heavens can be used from level 24 instead of 30
  • Fist of Heavens doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Fist of Heavens base mana cost lowered from 25 to 10 and increasing by +0,75 mana every skill level
  • Fist of Heavens synergy from Holy shock is replaced by Salvation and increased from 7% to 14%

Current changes are of course not final and most likely will be tweaked based on testing. I have few things to say to reflect some changes but not all of them as I have some other skill choices prepared for future which will make it more reasonable.

I was not able to find out how to add Splash dmg on Vengeance yet and I am 100% sure if I even want it on it, but I allowed to skill it up to 30 instead of just 20 to help with dmg. I would like to add eventualy splash damage to Charge skill upon impact if that would be possible. If you are suprised why to increased smite dmg and you are trying to shout “but smitter is OP!!!”, I actualy plan to remove Grief from the game or completely change it to something else. But since Smitter damage is not that high without that type of added damage, I slightly buffed Holy shield damage and will also buff shield damage on shields eventualy.

I also lowered quite significantly required levels of many skills because I honestly hate wating for skill I want to use and be forced to play something else before I can. Mana cost on many skill was also reduced or tweked to reflect skill leveling vs when you can use it.

And since this is not just suggestions, Here is demonstration of first patch:

EDIT: it seems that mana cost for vengeance is broken, I will fix that for next version ias currently it doesnt reflect the changes I made with mana cost and sorry i forgot to level it up to 30, by increase of damage works in same % as on lower levels.

EDIT2: I will be posting every update here in this topic.

9 Likes

You can probably get more downloads and feedback if uploading it to nexus and using the D2RMM

5 Likes

I dont have much yet but yeah i will probably get into that eventualy.

Nice work Zax :slight_smile:

I would like to share some ideas.
What I did for my mod, was changing Hydra, so amount of heads that spawned was based on hard points.
Also made it so Staffs could spawn with druid skills on them, since I really think that the lore would work having druids using a staff

2 Likes

Interesting with the staves. I will think about that. My plan was to buff staves definitely somehow as they are two handed.

I still need to fill one cold skill, what about ice bolt hydra? :slight_smile: and you could of course summon both types at the same time.

1 Like

Or maybe something like cold pylon casting Frost novas.

That would actual be very sick - and also a lightning variation.
So you could dual spec into the mix of your choice (fire+cold, fire+light, cold+light) with the amount of skill points available.
Now you have what I would call a summoner sorc :smiley:

And yes, the staves is rarely used, so they need some boost to be viable against Orbs.
For the PD2 mod, I know they added FCR as base stats on them. I think it was 10% FCR for normal staves, 20% for nm and 30% for hell - could be more, can’t remember.

I have idea for thunder storm for sorc, i did that in old d2 in my mod and it looked freaking cool.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that on Sanctuary :slight_smile: looked sick

1 Like

Keep it up brother - nice work.

2 Likes

btw Zax here…all of my maxroll simulation if you wish to take a look at them
warning ahead though(the Jav build had stuff overlooked in both version which i be fixing later…i dont think there are any error in the rest but if happen to be…lemme know if i overlooked something that could be improved further

ultimate lvl 3 for the lul
offensive version
d2planner/w9010650
Hsarus boot if prefer frw over Resists/10% fhr/1 Dex
also can replace 10 life 12 ar for 3 str 5 ar lc if want more dmg
same goes for defensive version

defensive version
d2planner/s802069l
d2planner/xo0106cy…with lvl 55 enchant active
chance to hit a lvl 89-99 5% with lvl 55 chant as a ult lvl 3…0% bonus
chance to hit a lvl 49-88 6-10% with lvl 55 chant as a ult lvl 3…1-3% bonus
chance to hit a lvl 25-48 11-20% with lvl 55 chant as a ult lvl 3…3-3 bonus
chance to hit a lvl 13-24 21-36% with lvl 55 chant as a ult lvl…3-4% bonus
chance to hit a lvl 7-12 39-59% with lvl 55 chant as a ult lvl 3…3-4% bonus
chance to hit a lvl 4-6 66-85% with lvl 55 chant as a ult lvl 3…62-82% without)…3-4% bonus
chance to hit same lvl or lower 95% with lvl 55 chant as a ult lvl 3…0% bonus

lvl 9 lld barb
d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/h80206q8

lvl 18 Dragon Claw lld(awful) :S
d2planner/og0106fg

lvl 30 WW lld barb
d2planner/1601068s

lvl 99 Kicker Ultimate gear
d2planner/ge0106qx Dragon Tail Way
d2planner/8k0106z9 Death Sentry way

lvl 99 Zealer(Physical type)
d2planner/zf01065a

lvl 99 Holy Shock/FoH Pally(non-Dream)
d2planner/g30106b3

lvl 99 Holy Fire Pally(non-HoJ/Dragons)
d2planner/ky0106s1

lvl 99 Hammerdin(Expensive build version)…17k to 17.1k hammer dmg
----------Resists…F:75%+90%…C:75%+155%…L:75%+155%…P:75%+85%…DMR:24%…FHR:86% BP
Life:4526…FCR:125%
d2planner/b601061h

lvl 99 Hammerdin(Hoto-Spirit Version)…15.8k to 15.9k hammer dmg
cheap build…Resists…F:75%+100%…C:75%+135%…L:75%+165%…P:75%+95%…
DMR:18%…FHR:48% BP
Life:4546…FCR:125%
d2planner/ns0106x1

lvl 99 Hammerdin(Hoto-HoZ Version)…15.9k to 16k hammer dmg
build focus on resists…F:75%+128%…C:75%+180%…L:75%+180%…P:75%+88%…DMR:8%…FHR:48% BP
Life:4830…FCR:125%
d2planner/wu0106l8

Hdin expensive: excel in dmr%,high resists and highter FHR %
Hdin middle: specialize more in dmr%
Hdin Hoz Ver: specialize in highter life pool and resists but low dmr %
note that hoz version has 1 less skill ring to be able to reach 125% fcr
and is the worse of the 3 possible version

lvl 99 Dreamy Blizz Sorc Hybrid(Enigma Version)(expensive option)
d2planner/yi0106dj

lvl 99 Dreamy Blizz Sorc Hybrid(Chain of Honor Version)(cheaper option)
d2planner/sa010624

lvl 99 Dreamy Blizz Sorc Hybrid(V-Skin variant 105% fcr vs Ubers)
d2planner/jz0106ea

lvl 99 Dreamy Blizz Sorc Hybrid(V-Skin variant 105% fcr vs Non-Ubers)(less care for resists, more care for melee defensive)
d2planner/ic0106zn

lvl 99 Pure Cold Sorc(Blizz,Ice Blast,Frozen Orb)
d2planner/d501063d
NOTE: if your sorc is a mfer, reduce orb down by 4-6 lvl to get 175% pierce from mastery
that way you get some more space to loot although ice blast loose some dmg

lvl 99 Frozen Orb/Firewall Sorc
d2planner/vg0106uv

lvl 99 Lightning Sorc(Offensive Version)
d2planner/ne0106in

lvl 99 Lightning Sorc 2(Defensive version)
d2planner/tn01066w

lvl 99 Fireball/Meteor Sorc
d2planner/v70106ak

lvl 99 Hydra Sorc
d2planner/r101069g

lvl 99 Enchant Sorc(Pure buffer, support role only, can’t combat)
d2planner/9o0106gu

lvl 99 Blade Fury Assassin
d2planner/s90106lk

lvl 99 WW Barb
d2planner/0z0106pe

lvl 99 PVP WW Barb VS Melee
d2planner/9101062s

lvl 99 PVP WW Barb Vs Casters(same stats distribution as BVM)
d2planner/ub0106wu
NOTE: untill ww formula get fixed…the Zweihanders shown here are no longer viable
for max ias bp(aka no longer can compete with Phase Blade)

lvl 99 PVE WW Barb(Defensive)
d2planner/cr0106cu
Note: you can pick enigma if you want teleport over pure dmg

lvl 99 PVE WW Barb(Offensive)
d2planner/040206t0
NOTE: untill ww formula get fixed…the Zweihanders shown here are no longer viable
for max ias bp(aka no longer can compete with Phase Blade)

lvl 99 Summoner Necro…expensive gear
d2planner/tn0106zu

lvl 99 PNB Necro…expensive gear version(Pure dmg(8% bonus)
d2planner/x701064n
(Shako//Hoto for cheaper options)

lvl 99 Poison Nova Necro Ver 1(strongest version)
d2planner/y10106fg

lvl 99 Poison Nova Necro Ver 2(Alternate version)
d2planner/4201068c

lvl 99 Fury Druid(Pheonix/CoH)
d2planner/sk010689

lvl 99 Fury Druid(Fort/Stormshield)
d2planner/aw0106ho

lvl 99 Physical Bowazon
d2planner/om0106gn

lvl 99 Jab/Fend/Multishot Zon Ver 1
d2planner-ptr/dc0106e6

lvl 99 Jab/Fend/Multishot Zon Ver 2
d2planner/1r0106nv

lvl 99 Elemental/Magic Bowzon
d2planner-ptr/hu0106da

1 Like

I have modded some new stuff so I have new version of my mod :slight_smile:

D2R Mod by Zax version 1.01 (Changes to paladin skills v2)

• Blessed Hammer synergies nerfed from 14% to 9%
  • Fanaticism can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Conviction can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Conviction is limited to only level 15.
  • Conviction base -% enemy resist is changed from 30% to 15%
  • Thorns can be used from level 6 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Thorns damage scalling improved
  • Thorns has two new +50% synergies from Defiance and Conversion
  • Thorn flat reflected dmg was changed to magic type to solve problems vs many physical immune monsters.
  • Blessed Aim can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Blessed Aim ignore Physical immunity of Demons
  • Blessed has +50% enhanced dmg vs Demons on first level and then +25% every other level.
  • Concentration can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Fanaticism can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Might gains 2% deadly strike for every hard point (active bonus)
  • Defiance gains 1% damage reduction and damage reduced by +1 for every hard point (passive and active)

Demonstration of Thorns:

D2R Mod by Zax version 1.02 (Changes to paladin skills v2)

Skill changes

• Sanctuary can be used from level 18 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Sanctuary synergy changed from Cleansing to Holy Bolt and increased to 20% from 7%
  • Vigor can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Vigor has passive FRW bonus 1% per hard point
  • Prayer has now +1% life leech and +1 Replenish Life as passive bonus for every hard point
  • Prayer has additional active bonus 0,5% life leech per hard point
  • Resist Fire active resist changed from being +35-150% to 10% base and +5% Fire Resist per lvl
  • Resist Fire has new passive bonus +2% Fire resist per every hard point
  • Resist Fire has new active bonus +10% Fire damage as base with +3% per aura lvl
  • Resist Cold active resist changed from being +35-150% to 10% base and +5% Cold resist per lvl
  • Resist Cold has new passive bonus +2% Cold resist per every hard point
  • Resist Cold has new active bonus +10% Cold damage as base with +3% per aura lvl
  • Resist Lightning active resist changed from being +35-150% to 10% base and +5% Lightning resist per lvl
  • Resist Lightning has new passive bonus +2% Lightning resist per every hard point
  • Resist Lightning has new active bonus +10% Lightning damage as base with +3% per aura lvl
  • Salvation has new passive bonus +1 magic damage reduction per every hard point
  • Salvation all resistances toned down so first few levels are weaker
  • Holy Fire can be used from level 6 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Holy Fire has now -4% Enemy Fire resistance per level of aura
  • Holy Freeze can be used from level 6 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Holy Freeze has now -4% Enemy Cold resistance per level of aura
  • Holy Shock can be used from level 6 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Holy Shock has now -4% Enemy Lightning resistance per level of aura

Monster changes

• Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal have always quest drop
  • Regular monsters are no longer immune and have 90 or 99 resist based on how high was their resist above 100% before

Cube Recipes

• New recipe - Unique or Set item +Gul = socketed unique or Set item (1 socket)
  • New recipes for downgrading runes, Rune+two any Jewels = lower rune

Carfting

• Blood recipe foor Helm/Casque/Armet changes to any helm. Barbarian helms and Druid pelts are included.

I will make video with demonstration of all paladin skill changes when I will have it all completed.

1 Like

d2 for noobs perfect. There should be a separate “noob” section in the forums for it too.

Says the guy who buy items on RMT site LMAO :rofl:

D2R Mod by Zax version 1.03 (Changes to paladin skills v3)

• Holy Fire, Holy Freeze and Holy Shock damage rebalanced to be on same level of power and synergies increased to 25% and 15%
  • Holy Freeze Aura radius slightly decreased to compensate for bonus slow effect
  • Vengenace additional damage per level increased to 10% from 6%
  • Vengeance synergy from Resist auras increased to 15% from 10%
  • Vengeance Synergy from Salvation aura increased from 2% to 5%
  • Vengenace previous change to max aura level from 20 to 20 was reverted
  • Cleansing doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Cleansing has now base active +10% Poison resist bonus and +5% Poison resist per level
  • Cleansing now has passive +2% poison resist per every hard point
  • Meditation can be used from level 1 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Meditation base +% Mana regeneration changed to +100% from 300%.
  • Meditation has now passive bonus +10% Mana regeneration per hard point
  • Redemption can be used from level 12 and doesnt need any skill points in previous skills
  • Redemption has now passive bonus +1% Maximum Life per hard point
  • Sacrifice change to skill being possible to level up to 30 was reverted
  • Sacrifice +% enhanced dmg per level increased from 15% to 20%
  • Conviction change to skill being possible to level up to only 15 was reverted

Paladin is pretty much done. I will be doing few playruns to test power of skills for some balancing and then i am going to start improving Barbarian skills.

When I think “dream version” of d2, the first thing that definitely comes to mind are universal buffs to virtually all pally skills.

The only thing you are missing is added Teleport to the Combat tree…

Just because paladin is strong class with good amount of builds doesnt mean he has well designed skill and also many of his skills is pretty much unused currently.

I wanted to start somewhere so I started with Paladin, other classes will follow.

1 Like

I am sure they will all follow the same trajectory…

What trajectory? I am looking for feedback. If you thinki something will be OP just say what and why? Be specific.

1 Like