Druid - what would you change in skills

Lets continus with another class :slight_smile: and this is last one.

Hey, I dont want to wait for Blizzard to improve diablo 2 Resurrected so i decided to do it myself atleast for offline play with some modding. I am thinking about various ideas, but I would like to hear from others too so thats why i make this topic.

I would like to hear from you what is wrong with druid, Is something too strong? Is something too weak? should some skills be changed? Maybe some skills does cost too much mana or should do more, maybe new synergies between skills to make new builds? Maybe is something too strong? Maybe complete skill replacement? Please share any idea how you think druid skills could be improved or changed and try to explain why if you can.

I am open to any suggestion and like all ideas but try to not go too radical, i am trying to improve d2 and make mostly better what already exist. Not create 10 completely new skills :slight_smile:

You can watch my progress with my mod here where i post updates:

2 Likes

Hi,

I already created a thread about my ideas as right now I mainly play with the fire elementalist druid.

1 Like

Make amazon’s dodge/ avoidable vs smite.

Its mod for offline :slight_smile: there is no pvp.

1 Like

i would change nothing, if you want changes just play d3. its really easy. and if you like microtransactions and p2w you will get the great d4 soon

2 Likes

Thats very lame argument. D2 has many flaws and fixing it bring game closer to perfection.

I want to playd2, not d3 which has so many more flaws than d2.

3 Likes

From a main summoner point of view the single most important change: Make spirit wolves deal physical damage converted to cold (let spirit wolves get affected by auras).

What is the point of it when its still cold damage?

The point is in the paranthesis…

Well you’re response to it is lame itself that has no explanation to why you think that way. I know this is a druid post, but it’s pretty obvious you just want validation of your own ideas from people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Validation of what? I didnt present any suggestion yet how to change druid myself. Thistopic is to gather info what and how would people change druid skills.

That guy came here with lame answer. Purists liked to use this line when d2 started to stop progress of d2. Hopefully majority of them left and dont post nonsense like that anymore as game keeps changing no matter if they want it or not.

I just really dont appretiate comments like that. People playd 2 because they like it. Because game is good. But it also has many aspects which should be improved. Thats my goal.

His advice is to go play completely different game, much worse one. Which cannot even be modded? How does that make any sense hm?

2 Likes

Fix attack speed in Shapeshifting, or better said undo the last mess up that left Shapedruid in a worse state then it already was.

Make Rabies playable with max 1 synenergy so a melee build could use it to help group clearing.

Make Creeper/Vine usefull.

Change Raven/Spirit Wolf so they are affected by Heart of Wolverine (and other similar effects) and are balanced.

Buff Hurricane to the point it can be used without Tornado (damage wise) and replace Tornado as a Syn for Hurricane.
Would personally like to see Tornado and Armageddon Synergize each other.
Endresult should be
Hurricane/Tornado can still be played
Hurricane/Armageddon works (but each skill should have more syns than can be gained so each would be a little weaker if combined and Tornado could not be fitted in without even more loss)
Hurricane and Armageddon should be playable individually in their own tree build (without the need of Tornado, preferably fitting Arctic Blast into the Hurricane build).

Arctic Blast rework to level 1 skill, with lower damage on start, less mana on start, less inferno like skill (more like a wider gust of chilling wind).
And ofcourse make it endgame viable.

Twister rework to deal cold damage and twist around the druid, still erratic but its path more like blessed hammer but erratic in how fast they remove themselves from the druid (some spinning close to the druid a few rounds before fading while other will leave the screen after only say 3 rounds)

And something that should be with everything, if using Synergies make the synenergies actually something that might be useful to actually cast.

1 Like

Dmg type ofspirit wolves is reallynot the issue i think. Its the low damage doing almost nothing without maxing other summons. I will definitely correct dmg scalling. I am not decided if they will have cold damage. Maybe magic dmg would do more sense.

I was also thinking about new spirit of barbs. Its useless in current form. Maybe aura which will works like conviction but for physical, fire and cold resist on enemies?

2 Likes

Oh i don’t care the slightest about your mod, you can make a complete mess if you wish, i won’t give it a try. HF though.

To answer the question from the title again from my point of view as main summon: Spirit wolves need to get affected by auras. Should work when dealing physical damage converted to cold, like already done by e.g. Magic Arrow. No other changes needed, summon rocks.

2 Likes

What is the issue exactly? Based on what i saw it doesnt look bad now. But i could like increase base ias bonus for transforms.

Oh yeah i definitely plan to change that, from lvl 1 and increase dmg scalling.

Cool suggestions, i am not for all but definitely use some of it :slight_smile:

Why not? You dont like to play offline mods?

Played offline mods back then in OG and modded myself, but not interested in “your vision” of D2. Mods need an selling point like new items / content / complete makeover.

The perfect version of D2 is different for everyone, so why should anyone be interested in playing yours lol. Makes sense ofcourse to make “your” version for YOU to play, gl & HF, but if you think someone else is playing the mess you create except very few very bored people you’re slightly delusional.

I plan to do alot with items also, new ones missing , changing many old ones and making new elite upgrades where normal or excetional uniques will get bonus stats after upgrade so they can keep up with elite items. For certain rune cost of course.

Because i am pretty sure i can do better job than blizzard to improve what is not good in current version of game.

I am pretty sure some people will enjoy it. I already had two mods running in past on private d2 realms and people enjoyed it so i have some experience how to balance things well. Why do you think my mod is mess? Can you be specific?

Good for you :grinning::+1:

Oh no sry, i stopped reading after

Sacrifice can be leveled to skill level 30

My idea was to have option to keep leveling some skills after 20 if you focus certain build and its pretty much unused skill currently. Issue is that if you make skill too strong, you will have powerful skill fully maxed at level 20 already so i wanted to have dmg distributed to more levels of skill so you can have it all early.

But i achieved my goal differently and reverted the max skill level back to 20 btw.