Loot and Terror zones - info and tips/tricks

Hey I would like to share some info/tips about terror zones drops people maybe dont know:

• You need to create terror zone with characters at atleast level 85 so all monsters and objects can drop all uniq items

• You need to create terror zone with characters at atleast level 83 so all unique and champion monsters can drop all unique items

• You need to create terror zone with characters at atleast level 86 so all unique items can drop from weapon racks and armor stands

• You need to create terror zone with characters at atleast level 85 so superunique monsters in act I-IV can drop uniques snd sets from Treasure class 84

• You need to create terror zone with characters at atleast level 88 so super unique monsters in ACT I-IV can drop uniques and sets from treasure class 87.

• You need to create terror zone with characters at atleast level 89 so you can get +45 life skiller and high elemental damage small charms from all monsters and objects

• You can create terror zone with your highest character and then join game with another one who didnt kill baal yet and terrorized zone stays at original level of character who made the game

• Elite monsters in terror zones in hell can drop sunder charms.

• It is possible to use Find item skill to get Sunder charms also

• Monsters in Terror zone have increased stats so they can be harder to kill, ranged monsters are especially deadly

• Normal, Unique and Champion monsters have not better drop from higher treasure classes than monsters in area85 zones as 85 is high enough for them to drop all tc 87 item bases

• Increased level of monsters has effect on item quality of dropped items, increase for bosses and some special monsters is around +1-3%, its less for anyone else.

Not fully confirmed

We know that treasure classes for bosses are also increasing in terror zones, thats confirmed. For example Diablo on hell difficulty can now drop all uniques and set items as his treasure class is increased from 84 to 87. The level brackets for highest new treasure classes for bosses are not confirmed server side but i believe its safe to asume that they do follow same setting as in offline files.

Based on that i would like to post those TC upgrades here.

• Andariel normal TC upgrades at monster levels: 32, 48
  • Andariel NM TC upgrades at monster levels: 57, 73
  • Andariel hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 74, 78, 81, 84, 87, 90, 93, 96
  • Duriel normal TC upgrades at monster levels: 22, 36, 48
  • Duriel NM TC upgrades at monster levels: 55, 63, 73
  • Duriel Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 88, 90, 93, 96
  • Mephisto normal TC upgrades at monster levels: 26, 38, 48
  • Mephisto NM TC upgrades at monster levels: 59, 66, 73
  • Mephisto Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 87, 90, 93, 96
  • Diablo normal TC upgrades at monster levels: 40, 48
  • Diablo NM TC upgrades at monster levels: 67, 73
  • Diablo Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 94, 96
  • Baal normal TC upgrades at monster levels: 60
  • Baal NM TC upgrades at monster levels: 75
  • Baal Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 99
  • Radament Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 86, 90, 93, 96
  • Summoner Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 80, 84, 87, 90, 93, 96
  • Council Members Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 85, 87, 90, 93, 96
  • Hephasto Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 93, 96
  • Nihlathak Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 95
  • Blood Raven Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 88, 90, 93, 96
  • Smith Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 73, 75, 78, 81, 84, 87, 90, 93, 96
  • Izual Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 90, 93, 96
  • Cow King Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 86, 90, 93, 96
  • Countess Hell TC upgrades at monster levels: 82, 84, 87, 90, 93, 96

Countess rune treasure class for her normal drop should be also increased and most highest level brackets listed above should also have access to highest TC line in files. Even Baal hell previously didnt have that treasure class. That treasure class basicly results in higher chance to get TC87 armor and weapons.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask and i will later also edit them into this first post in form of Q/A.

Also if you have some additional info feel free to share it. I will very appretiate informations what new higher TC items you found from monsters who previously could not drop them. Or if you have more tips, feel free to share it.

32 Likes

Anyway , based on the information we have, i think its best to keep farming character at level 91 where you have all benefits. Leveling up more will result only in harder monsters and tiny bonus from item quality calculation. Not like HC players have option to stop leveling with controlled deaths tho lol :joy:

1 Like

Yes, thats true. Drop rate seems to be the same. So if you are not above level 91, it does not make a sense to farm it.
I thought, that there is some benefit, but probably not.

2 Likes

Seems nice info, thanks for this Zax.

1 Like

Well did you read my post fully? Even at levels below 91 are drop rates improving for some monsters in terror zones.

Thx I am glad anyone likes it, we still need some more data for TC increasing for bosses.

just found my first ever Jah rune in the cold plains terror zone this afternoon, my trap sin killed a fallen mob off screen and i just about missed it!!

4 Likes

Interested in trap skiller +38 life? ) SC PC

Good stuff, thanks. Sounds like 89 is the sweet spot.

1 Like

nty i told myself this is the season i grind out my first enigma, now i just gotta get BER in cows and good to go!!

1 Like

Lvl 91 should be best tho.

Thanks Zax!

Is this the only thing in your post that is Ladder only? I’m asking since I can’t play Ladder and curious to know what applies to me or not here.

1 Like

Right, thats only thing for ladder.

1 Like

Very helpful, thanks a lot!

Guess I’ll get to grinding some levels if the TZ isn’t one for my FoH

1 Like

Is there any chance that those Terror Zones will come in offline mode? In any time soon…

Nobody knows. Only blizzard.

Does that mean I’m 89, or the TZ, to get everythihng available? Sorry for asking, I’m just not 100% sure and couldn’t find the answer.

I made this topic so people can benefit from it and also ask question so thats fine :slight_smile:

If you have level 89, unique, champions and normal monsters and also objects can drop everything in terror zones with exception of some ultra rare magic/rare items with magic suffixes /prefixes which are not important at all.

Super unique monsters and bosses have normaly limited treasure class. To explain this, for example baal hell can drop items from highest TC 87. Game basicly make roll on tc87 items first. If it fails, it goes down to tc84, and down and down untill you have success with roll and item base is picked.

Ok so what about diablo hell? He has only TC 84 so he cant drop tc87 bases like diadem, corona or sacred armor for example. Thats why he never drop these unique items even as he has monster lvl 94 high enough to drop uniq version. But since he cant even drop tc 87 base, logicaly he cant drop uniq version of that item either.

Super uniq monsters have same, below act 5 super uniques have limited treasure class, usualy to 78.

Ok what all that means in relation of new terror zones? Well there is multiple level brackets for super uniq monsters and bosses. You can read about it in my first posts. Treasure classes is increasing together with their monster level.

So suddendly our diablo hell with monster level being your level +5 so 89+5=94 will reach first level bracket of terror zone for him. So he will have access to tc87 bases. Basicly he will have drop as hell baal.

But there is one higher level bracket, previously unused for bosses and majority of super uniq monsters. That special treasureclads can be accessed with monster being at level 96.

For that you need to create terror zone with level 91. What it does? Well tc 87 is maximum for armor and weapon types, but their new TC will roll for tc 87 items twice and then it goes to lower TC where it rolls on tc 87 once, then again it goes down untill succesful roll pick the item base.

So basicly your character at lvl 89 getting loot from killed diablo hell will have one roll for tc87 weapon/armor. But my barb at level 91 will have 3 rolls for tc87 items so definitely higher chance. Because my diablo hell in terror zone will be 91+5 so 96.

If you have some additional questions, feel free to ask, i will gladly explain and answer.

1 Like

Nope, nothing further to ask, your reply clears it up nicely. I’m lvl 87 right now so will have access to all but the shiniest shinies, I need to get to Clvl 89 to get all the precioussesssss :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well 91 to get best possible chance to find stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like