It turns out, D3 is more skilled game than D2

Well, seems you missed the point that the secret cow level was made by a rumor by players that if you klicked on the cow in Diablo 1 a red portal would open, thats why they decided to implement it in diablo 2.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/08/17/history-secret-cow-level/

While, even if you consider both childish, Whimsydale looks like a color palette of teletubies that came out of nowhere and nobody asked for.

1 Like

It’s still a secret level that in no way matches the overall theme or tone of the game so it’s tone and theme are irrelevant, and are no way indicative of the game in its entirety. It’s just a continuation of them having a ridiculous secret level that purposely contradicts the theme of the game, which started with the cow level. Cow level is no less ridiculous or out of place than whimsydale is. They’re both jokes. The fact people get so upset at one while accepting the other is absurd. I’m fine with both for the record. It just makes no sense when people use it as a point of contention for D3 while championing D2. It’s hypocrisy.

You are so out of place. It shows devs used to care for their playerbase and continued community rumors even as a cheat for starcraft 1 “theresnocowlevel”. Whereas they didnt care at all when they developed D3. They did what they wanted and never listened.

They made many changes to D3 over the years based on community feedback. You’re reading way too far into the secret level and just looking for reasons to dislike D3.

Actually, Wyatt on twitter on Sunday addressed the origins of Whimsy as part of a Q&A about D3 in honor of its 10th anniversary. You should read it.

In fact, Whimsy was in response to player feedback.

1 Like

There are too many reasons to dislike that game.
You might like it but many dont look at it as a faithful successor but just a successful cashgrab for WoW players for annual subscription marketing cartoonish grafics for WoW players.
How many times people call PoE spiritual successor of D2, even the original devs Schaeffer bros with Brevik agree to this point.
But yeah if you support the “f*** that loser!” Team thats up to you.
I for sure was disappointed hard with D3 and probably will never get D4.
Blizards golden era was late 90s and early 2000s.
Now its just a meme company.
If you consider adding a teletubies secret level as an honor ina satanic game just lol @ you.

1 Like

He was acting like a total sore loser. Like a crazy psycho ex trying to destroy you for dumping them and being more successful and happy than ever without them around.

He never even made one good video game after Diablo and was carried by Blizzard and acted all mighty like that taking all the credits.
So yeah, Jay Wilson did him good.

Guess what? He is also acting like a total sore loser about Diablo II Resurrected as well!
Also guess what? He still did not make one semi-decent video game 2 decades after Diablo II as well!

But, did I mention he actually wants ploot to be in D2R? So which is it purists?

At least the other dudes made Torchlight II which is a very good game.

But more importantly, why should we as consumers even care about such childish petty drama? Why should that dictate whether we support or enjoy a video game or not? Seriously, let’s not be sheep played so easily by parasocial relationship. David Brevik is not your daddy.

Those are your subjective opinions. A minority opinion as shown by D3 selling almost as much as D2R’s 7+ months sales in only 24 hours. Game is way more fun and way more skill-based today than D2R, it’s a fact. No builds gate-kept by Enigma/Infinity, combat is way more fluid and fun and is not just a mindless game for human-robots, etc.

WoW has absolutely nothing to do with it, lol, tinfoil hats off. How is Diablo III a cashgrab? It has same business model as Diablo II. Do you ever stop and wonder if you make sense? It sold more and was more successful because people enjoyed it more as a video game. Simple. Swallow that hard pill or live in denial - up to you.

This is fine. DIV will sell probably 80 times more the sales of D2LoD and D2R LTD sales COMBINED.

That’s again your opinion. Overwatch for example has more creative energy than Diablo II by a thousand times, and is actually again a fun skill-requiring video game.

Must be so fun having no sense of humor and taking a secret level so seriously. Have fun killing humanoid cows making “mooo” noises after every hit in a satanic game, nevermind it being a joke secret level. It’s no wonder why you enjoy robotic games and is very anti-fun.

1 Like

Was gonna respond to them but you said everything I was thinking. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I rly hope they add whimsy in d4=p

Ppl crying about d3 graphic and color while d2 was just a pixelfest. I dont think its much about it being less “dark”. I believe (might be wrong) that some were expecting a “darker theme”. The society changed, games look more realistic which means censure becomes more important. D3 had less nudity and “gore” which is understandable as they are unsure how far they could go without getting in trouble. D2 on the other hand were just pixels, even if there was nudity etc u could barely tell anyway.

Take lost ark for example, its very colorful and “cute”. Still its age 18+? Obv character models might be a reason. D2 and d3 was 16+. Increasing age requirement means less ppl are allowed to buy and play the game.

Of course none of that matters because ultimately people play video games for gameplay, especially an ARPG like Diablo. Think about it, when did you last stop and think about “nudity” or “gore” in Diablo II? It was just some lame elitist talking point.

The most important thing is the video game is actually fun, which Diablo III is and Diablo II is not really. Diablo II is robotic requiring no thought, no skills, no nothing… Just mindlessly doing same thing 342343242 times in hopes of finding a loot because most builds are gate-kept by it. Once you get that loot, guess what you will do? Oh yeah, you will still do the same thing 32423432 times anyways so yay, so much for that, enjoy!

For me yeah. Couldnt care less about graphics, if its cartoonish, anime or whatever doesnt matter. Good gameplay is what matters to me but for some ppl its the fantasy. Like there are those novel games or dating games? I dont even consider these as games but whatever.

There are ppl who keep complaining about Amazon face. Never been a dealbreaker for me personally. But in the end everyone have their own taste.

1 Like

Oh, you got unbanned?
Go play D3 then, no one is stopping you. You should really post in the D3 forums instead of here like everyone tells you to stop trolling.
Why are you even playing a remaster of a game from a developer you dislike? :smiley:

Btw im still waiting for our 1vs1 Dota - you Invoker - me chen :slight_smile: dodger

Wonder when you will get banned again.

1 Like

Yer D3 really boring . Thats the way to farm paragon.

will not go long, if peopel just report all hes troll/spam posts

1 Like

Pathetic, not even an attempt at providing logical counter argument just straight to personal attacks. :rofl:

Also, who said I hate the devs? :thinking:

2 Likes

I already told you once, I cannot take your opinions as serious at all :smiley: enjoy your short stay in the D2R forums if you keep spamming here :smiley:

It’s fine buddy, no one is going to embarrass you. It’s fine to say you are incapable of discussing. It’s just you really tried hard with your “insults” and to be honest I didn’t even finish reading your post.

Logic and facts win again.

Well if its opinions u dont have to. Just like none has to take your opinions serious either. Not sure how that makes personal attacks legit though. If u want to discuss u need to provide objective thoughts or fact otherwise it hold no value.

1 Like

Diablo 3 hard? How? Maybe the combat is a tad bit more challenging due to the nature of the monster affixes, but itemization is basically spoon feeding you, unlike in diablo 2 where you actually have to decide on each gear piece (except very few such as enigma, for d3 fanboys out there I’ll concede that). Diablo 2 has a lot more moving parts than putting 10 items on you and calling it a day.

Also, the hypocrisy of OP saying diablo 3 sold more than diablo 2. The only reason diablo 3 sold so much is because of diablo 2. I don’t know if diablo 3 has a visible player count, but I’ve heard from multiple people that it feels like a ghost town. For over ten million people that bought the game, there aren’t a lot of people left, eh? I played all kinds of ARPGs and I will go back to diablo 2, grim dawn and path of exile before going back to diablo 3. It’s just that bad. Feels like an arcade game you would play 20 years ago and nothing more.

1 Like

Whats facts do you need?
This link that proves that D3 was marketed alongside WoW yearly subscription and that there are millions of WoW players even to this day?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/3767193/sign-up-for-the-world-of-warcraft-annual-pass-and-get-diablo-iii-free

The fact that cows were original content in diablo 1 that you could click them and they would “moo” as well?
That none of you think that without this “loser” original dev you would never have diablo or diablo sequels to begin with?
Your biasism shows how incredible real diablo fans you were from the start of the series.
Im not gonna waste my time with this clueless guy that throws everytime ad hominem attacks that you disagree with him with strawman “logic” or “facts” arguments, cries about being PKd in public games and wants to transform D2R into D3 which is by the way a ghost town.
Go play your precious D3, this is D2R.
Either you like it or dislike it.
We arent trolling D3 forums telling them to transform D3 into D2.
You can rejoice that they are going the same ways as D3 for D4, just darker palette but same gameplay and mechanics.

You just answered yourself. Grinding is not a challenge.

False. It would been the case with initial sales. How would you explain it sold even more after first year?

You hear from me it’s more active than Diablo II. Of course, that means nothing.

It’s over 65 million, over many platforms, and the game is still very active.

What does Diablo II feel like? Not even a video game, just a game for human robots, a labor.

Addressed in the other topic:

Only 1.2 million were from the bundle. Facts don’t care about feelings.

And the rainbow is also a secret level of the same nature, not to be taken seriously. It’s weak elitist talking point.

Which is true, he never made any semi-decent game after Blizzard’s Diablo II. He was just a sore loser.

This means absolutely nothing to anyone, no one cares if you think we are tru3 1337 f4nz or not. We are discussing here objectively.
(By the way, this is ad hominem you accuse me of)!

The irony. Saying I am the one who throws “strawman” and “ad hominem attacks”. The very irony. You know posts are public and people can read them, right? :rofl:

You don’t want to “waste” time because you are incapable of debating civilly and logically without emotional tantrums.

Also yes, facts and logic always win!

That never happened, but I thought I were the ad hominem attacker :thinking:.
Discussing a flaw in game design does not mean I am crying because something happened. If anything, I used to be a PKer in Hardcore before I grew out of it.
(Yep, another ad hominem they accuse me of)!

D2R is already more of a ghost town than Diablo III. The delusions man, the delusions!

This is dismissive childish talk, not even discussing. D2R is flawed and we will keep pointing its flaw until it reaches it full potential because we are people of logic and reason and we provide solid points you do not even attempt to refute.
(By the way, this is also ad hominem you accuse me of)!

D2R is NOT D2LoD. It’s a live service game. 2.4 already showed that.

And we aren’t doing it the other way around, and D2R is not D2LoD. You want to transform D2R into D2LoD.
(This is also, yet again, another ad hominem)!!