Death to Immunities, Long Live Super resistant monsters!

Immunity system is crap

It’s meant to be a speed bump but it’s in fact just a wall

Most of the time a paywall

They should just cap resistances to somewhere like 95-99%

That way you still feel it pretty hardly when you encounter a high resistance monster, but you are not forced to skip or wait for your merc to kill or use a bad skill or just buy the solution (infinity)

Ofc -reduction penalty stays, monsters with overcapped resistance only take a fifth of the effect of reduced resistance

And to compensate the monsters for not accounting their overcapped resistances, each %overcapped resist=1% increased life

So if you encounter a monster with 120fire resist and it’s capped at 95, he has 95fire resist and 25% increased life

https://strawpoll.com/voywe9bdr/r

19 Likes

Dude you’re clearly not enjoying this game the way it is. Instead of trying to change EVERY aspect of the game, why not just go find one that has all the things you want? You literally make like 5-6 threads a day on something else that’s bothering you and you want changed.

And this is not even coming from a purist standpoint, it’s just straight up annoying and pointless.

23 Likes

He is correct on this thought, though. Immunities are not fun.

23 Likes

I’m honestly not sure if I would miss immunities if they were gone. They are not fair anyway as some builds are impacted heavier by them than others. Also it’s simply annoying to not be able to kill mob but spell builds would need serious nerf if we were to remove them.

Just a discussion here tho, not saying the system should be changed. If immunes are considered iconic to D2 then definitely keep them.

2 Likes

Wah! I want to steam roll everything with my one trick pony build… wah.

10 Likes

Immunities system is a lazy system

15 Likes

Typical purist reply, all anger and no logic

Especially when it’s mentionned that the goal of super resistance is acting as a speed bump and then you come up with the absurd idea that I want to steamroll lol

9 Likes

Of course you do. It’s not like it’s difficult to kill things that are immune to one element. Hell, it’s super easy… you just have to use your brain and not dump everything into one damage type…

5 Likes

That’s not the way my sorceress synergies work. Or the fantasy of being an elemental sorceress.

2 Likes

Yea… it is. You pick skills from multiple elemental types. Rocket science I know.

2 Likes

This guy buys a game that has been out for 20 years with a fully known endgame.

“Ohh what the hell, this game sucks!”

You played yourself

5 Likes

What Normal people say: I love this game but this aspect is kinda flawed, it could get some improvements

What purists hear: I HATE THIS GAME WITH EVERY FIBERS OF MY BEING!!!

It’s always sad to get reminded that crappy human beings like that exist

12 Likes

I stopped playing D2 before they released talent synergies but if i remember correctly Duriel used to be Cold immune. Now THAT was a wall cause you couldn’t progress the game without killing him.

I understand what you’re saying about immunities. Ultimately they are there to encourage a player to diversify their builds. You have to choose between being decent at killing everything or be amazing at killing some things but suck with others.

There are other more interesting ways to encourage diversity but that would require huge changes to the game. I wouldn’t want D2 to change too much, but hopefully conversations like this help with the development of D4.

1 Like

Even if duriel was cold immune

They came up with immunity at the same time they came up with synergy

So they came up with an incentive to diversify at the same ti e they came up with a system that forces you to concentrate / punishes you when you diversify

1 Like

Good post. Agreed. There have been conversations on Twitter. Immunities will not be in D4. The devs are really against them. We have also discussed resistance penetration. This seems out as well, for a want of a way to display, effectively, when a monster is resistant to an element.

Your ideas are terrible, now hurry up and insult me and go make a new topic.

5 Likes

Remove immunity, this proposal is terrible. It will only make the game easier and simpler, like a casual mobile game

2 Likes

Don’t need to, you are already doing it to yourself better than anybody could do

1 Like

Immunities aren’t a problem, it forces you to find alternate ways to deal with foes. The only issue I have with them is that some classes simply cannot effectively deal with immunities because they lack the resources to do so. Example are:

Barbarians. Yes, they have Berserk, but berserk is a terrible skill to begin with and when you’re forced to deal with an army of physical immunes, it’s really not ideal to walk up to them and to berserk them 1 at a time. It would be nice of there were more items to help deal with them or make berserk a better skill.

Were(wolf/bear) druids and summoners druids:

Summoners druid cannot deal with physical immunes.
Werewolf druids could theoretically use Rabies and/or Fireclaw, but both are bad skills unless you fully invest in to these skills and so, imos have the same issue as the Barbarians.

I could go on, but I find it odd that these characters who depend highly on their physical performance can easily be rendered worthless by such immunities, while a summoner necromancer can literally be naked and beat the game just because he has Amplify Damage.

Perhaps if there is one immunity worth looking into it is Physical immunes. I would not want it removed, but rather addressed so characters like Throwing barbs do not have to depend on whether or not they have found some perfect niche item to get them through Hell mode.

5 Likes

You’re like those twerps standing in the Throne constantly spamming lvl 1 BO when there’s a lvl 90 barb around.

3 Likes