Character lost after psn linked with Battle.net

Hello,

I had a character on Diablo2: Resurrected but when I decided to link my PSN with my Battle.net account, my character just disappear and now I can only create a new character.

What happened ? What can I do to find it again ?
Character lvl 81, a lot of hours played already…

PS5

3 Likes

I got the same issue today… played since launch on my ps5 … now i’ve linked my ps5 account to my PC bnet cause i wanted to play at work during free time but i lost everything … kinda like the PC data took over the PS5 data imo … only thing i can think of … but if that’s the case it’s a big problem … hope we ca do something about that…

4 Likes

This just happened to my lvl 66 sorc :frowning:

With support directing me to the forums now and the lack of blue replies here…reallllllly hoping to get it back

1 Like

This JUST happened to my levle 50 pally which i spent all weekend grinding. OMG! just up and gone. goodbye! like no warning. WHY didn’t they give any indication that this would happen ? There should be a big “WARNING: DO NOT CREATE YOUR CHARACTER BEFORE LINKING YOUR BNET BECAUSE YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE DELETED UNCEREMONIOUSLY”

1 Like

Happened to me too but only a lvl 20 so not really upsetting.

The issue here is when you link to bnet it uses bnet as the primary source and overwrites your PSN instead of merging the two together.

Once it’s overwritten it behaves correctly where playing on either one reflects in both.

2 Likes

I think the problem can be solved by giving back the created account of the PSN before the link with battle.net but for that someone of blizzard have to take care of it…

Lvl81 sorc with already hrs. More than 40hours played, no need to tell you how many countess run and mephrun i did for this …

3 Likes

Starting fresh with the sorc again or going to a diff char? I can’t decide since we have no idea when we will get back our chars - but a sorc is pretty great for MF and getting around

1 Like

That’s what I did. Sadly I don’t think there is any hope in getting our characters back.

wow same thing has happened to me, I posted mine in the other tech forum since im tech pc and psn. this is freaking nuts, i wish i would have saw this earlier.

My issue was due to having 2 bnet accounts for other family members, check to see if you have your psn linked to any other bnet accounts.

Hey folks,

To provide some clarification here:

In order for you to have been able to create online characters in Diablo 2: Resurrected, your console account must have already been connected to a Blizzard account. If you weren’t already connected, you wouldn’t be able to sign in to play.

If you link your console account to a new/different Blizzard account, you’ll receive the progression associated with that newly connected Blizzard account.

Based on what is being reported here, it sounds like you’ve all linked your console accounts to secondary Blizzard accounts resulting in receiving the progress from the new link and losing access to the progress associated with the previous Blizzard account.

xDontTryMex - you appear to have 2 Blizzard accounts. The account you’re currently posting on is the one currently connected to your PSN account. Your other Blizzard account, under a different email address, appears to have last played D2R back on the 26th which is the same day you created this thread. That would seem to confirm that your other Blizzard account was the one previously connected to your PSN account. To access that progress, you would need to re-link to that account.

MajorBlood - The account you’re posting with is currently link to your PSN account. It looks like you also have a second Blizzard account under a different email address. That Blizzard account appears to have been the one that was originally linked to your PSN account. If you would like to access that progress again, you’ll need to reconnect with that Blizzard account.

Nephalem - Same situation. You appear to have 2 recently active accounts. The one you are posting with is currently linked to your PSN account. Your other Blizzard account, which also host your other owned Blizzard games, was last seen on D2R on the 27th (the same day you posted). To regain access to the progress you originally made, you’d need to re-link your PSN account with that specific Blizzard account.

It takes a fair amount of time to pull up all this info, but hopefully those in the thread can see the trend here. Please review the Blizzard account you’re currently using, and then consider previous email addresses you may have used for a Blizzard account.

We won’t be able to provide email addresses / specific account information over the forums. If you need help tracking down a Blizzard account, please visit our support website and ask them to help you locate it.

https://battle.net/support/help/product/services/316/979/solution

If you can provide possible email addresses, or BattleTags, that can help the Game Master team narrow down the search.

Please note: Progress cannot be combined from multiple Blizzard accounts. So if you have made progress on your current Blizzard accounts, you’ll need to decide if you want to change the Blizzard account you’re connected to or stay on the same account.

5 Likes

Thank you for coming here and reading this, it’s been a rough launch for us on console.

:joy: rough is one way to word it, funny they resolve one of what seems the easier issue that “take some time” but haven’t seemed to address any other issues :thinking: although if your a PC user they’ll answer your every beck and call :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Let them know how you feel on social media, I did my best getting them to come here xD

1 Like

I have had three characters deleted now and I have never changed my account link, so there might be a different issue.

Update:
Nevermind I found the characters hidden under the offline and online buttons. Feel like a complete idiot now.

I’ve tried my hardest man from like 6 hours after launch, I’m fairly sure they couldn’t care less…

Haha this made me laugh :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, i tried to link and unlink from my battle.net account with the email [Removed by Moderator] and I forgot that I had an other account so that’s why it disappeared for sure. Can you tell me the mail of the account with my sorceress on it please ?

XDontTryMex is my PSN name
[Removed by Moderator] is the email I’m currently using

Moderator note: Please do not share personal / log in information on the forums. If you need help tracking down your other Blizzard account, please use the link posted in the response above to contact Customer Support directly. Thank you!

Great, how about addressing the offline shared stash problem you guys are obviously avoiding and have only given a single, nonsensical response to (online versus offline char naming) that doesn’t even apply to most instances.

Hi,

I’ve got the same issue but I can’t remember of any other battlenet account made in past.
I’ve just connected to the game on PS4, and it didn’t ask me to create any account. However once linked My PSN account the battle.net the character was gone… Eh the whole cross save things make it so more complicated.
How could I possibly check the other account details?