Character lost after psn linked with Battle.net

I am in the exact same situation. I do not ever remember linking my PSN to a Battle.net account under the connections page in settings. I bought the game originally on PS5 and have been playing it. However, some of my friends play on PC so I figured I would link my PSN to PC so I could bounce back and forth. When I did, all my characters vanished. I understand what the blue post is talking about above. I just am at a loss since I never actually linked my PSN to a battle.net account before yesterday. When you create a character on D2R on Playstation without manually linking your account first, does it automatically create a battle.net account for you that that progress is tied to? I created a web ticket since I cannot play at all and havenā€™t been able to but have yet to receive a response. On a two week quarantine for a break-through Covid case and going nuts not being able to play to pass time. Really hoping my web ticket gets a response soon!

Hi, could you plese have a look in console bug report section or general console forums, people need need some hope for upcoming fixes, as nothing heard yet. Multiplayer seems does not work at all.

Did this work for anyone? Iā€™m wanting to unlink my PSN account from my new and switch to old battle.net accounts, transfer everything to my new battle.netā€¦but im scared

did anyone unlink and relink old account and find their progress saved?

So i had the same issue. checked through different email addresses to see if i had any other blizzard accounts that i forgot about.

sure enough i found one that i had preordered d2:r on back in february.

loaded up d2:r on pc on that account and there were my lost playstation characters.

linked my psn to that blizzard account instead and loaded up the game on playstation and there they were.

i must have linked that account during the console beta instead of my main. which at one point it was my main when destiny was on battle.net i guess.

ay yay yayā€¦email confusion man.

hope it works for everyone else. good luck.

I got the same issue, lost all my ps4 chars after i put my psn account to battlenet. When i first started playing d2 on ps4 i did not make any account, it just let me play the game. Like other post said, is there a some alt account created when first login in to the game? And should i be using that alt account as a main account for battlenet connection?

The link has nothing to with just Diablo 2 alone, itā€™s linked to your PSN account. So you probably linked when you played Diablo 3 or some other blizzard game. No hidden account/link is created when you first played. If you could create an online character then your PSN account was linked to a Battle.net account.

1 Like

I could create online chars when i first played it. Now they are gone, once i linked my psn to battlenet crossplay featureā€¦ Pretty dumbfounded atm.

As I said, that is because you already had your PSN account linked. So your characters was saved on that linked Battle.net account. When you linked it to a new one your characters doesnā€™t show because you are now linked to a new Battle.net account.

So, if you link it to the old account again the characters will come back.

Imo i been using this one account only, so really cant try other emails. Waiting for blizzard support to check if i been using different email at somepoint and try to connect that with bnet account.

Kalviery-

thank u 4 this info (as I too am experiencing similar prob w/linking the incorrect battlenet account to my d2r ps4 account)ā€¦

Can it be determined which battle net account was initially linked to my d2r ps4 account on d2r launch so I can retrieve my characters Iā€™ve progressed with since 9/23/21? (my ps4 d2r account = ā€œnnon_scitumā€)

thanks in advance for ur assistance

If you contact support with your psn account into they should be able to help you. And to clarify, you are not linked with d2r, you are linked to your psn account.

they gotā€™em 4 meā€¦ thx u!

Hi there,

Iā€™m having the same issue as everyone else here and canā€™t find my account. Could you send me a private message? Iā€™m in touch with the support portal and they cannot assist me with this issue.

Thanks!

Had same issue and found old email to BN account where I was playing SC. After linking that characters reappear.

What did you do? To fix that problem?

So early today I wanted to post on forum to look for Classic hc players on Playstation but couldnā€™t because apparently I dont own a copy of a game. So decided to connect my psn account to bn account on a relatively new email. Characters disappeared.
Disconnected both accounts in management settings and found that I had old BN account with another email. Connected it to psn and characters came back.

how to change the account battle.net on the most playstation?? With progress old account in Pc ?

Hey I canā€™t find my PlayStation characters same thing happened can you help me find which account they are on have lvl 91sorc, lvl 90paladin and a lvl 70+ paladin on ladder. I bought the game for ps5 and then for PC and when I linked account to pc they disappear. I disconnected from pc and they are still gone.

Than you Must have two different accounts.

All my D2: Resurrected characters have disappeared!! I havenā€™t deleted them or anything like that. I thought maybe my Battlenet account had disconnected to my Playstation Network, but when I checked it says it is connected and Active. But when I open the game in my PS the same happens, no characters. I thought maybe both Battlenet and PS account should reconnect, but when I tried to disconnect my PS account a warning popped up saying I will have a 1 YEAR COOLDOWN before I could connect any other account. So now I dont know what to do.

All my characters are Online, dont have any Offline ones. Also, this is the same PS Network account I use for D3, and everything is fine there. All my characters and progress is still there. Both D2 and D3 are marked as Active. And its a fact that this Battle.net account and my PSN account (feddorplay) ARE CONNECTED. So whats the problem with D2? Where are my characters?! Itā€™s been over two months since this first happened, and I dont get ANY SOLUTIONS AT ALL from you guys. Thereā€™s no way to contact you! Please help me!

I know this has happen before to other users in previous patches and you fixed it for them. All online characters gone - #3 by PickleRick-1941 - Technical Support - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums