Can't start a game, sais there's a issue communicating to the game server

Please boot the people online playing and restart everything again

Still has the same issues here.
Error: “An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers. Please check that you are connected to the internet and try again.”

Hello,

I started having issues with being able to create a game. I get the error “an issue occurred while communicating with the gamer servers. please check that you are connected to the internet and try again.” I have been playing for a couple of hours even after the unscheduled maintenance.

4 Likes

I have the same issue here

Same. Error: “An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers. Please check that you are connected to the internet and try again.”

I cannot play, I am sad…

Hello,

I started having issues with being able to create a game. I get the error “an issue occurred while communicating with the gamer servers. please check that you are connected to the internet and try again.” I have been playing for a couple of hours even after the unscheduled maintenance.

6 Likes

Same here, don’t know what they fix in the maintenance.

1 Like

its still happening… was able to get in for a bit and get to lvl 10. logged off to take a break, came back about an hour later and getting the “error communicating with game servers, check if you’re connected to the internet and try again” error so cannot create a game for my buddies and i to play on :frowning:

Change your region on the launcher my dudes. Not trolling, worked for me. You can still play your same characters.

2 Likes

wow it works… thx a lot

1 Like

Is it worth it to keep hitting the play button in the hopes of it eventually going through? Or should I abandon all hope for a few days?
Edit: I did finally get in after 20 min or so. I guess it is worth it to just keep trying.

I can’t create an online game atm either! my internet connection is more than fine!

That’s because the server times out when it tries to connect.

It says this or your character is already in a game on this server, its nearing 7 hours for me, i wish they would give us a fix, or restart the servers or something, this is bogus, at least tell us your working on it!!! nothing but silence from them for over 12 hours

At least, the Lobby was working. I got to click the chat gem a bunch of times! Lots of users complaining. What a great time that was!
I didn’t bother trying to make a character in single player, but failed at creating an online game. “Check your computer’s internet connection.” I’m pretty sure this was a DDoS attack.
Anyway, had a great time leveling up my new character on WoW.

So, we’re one day further…and I still get this message.
Had no problems playing the game this morning, but can’t do anything this evening.
Continuously getting the “can’t communicate with server” message.

What a joke of a company is blizzard… they should refund everybody for selling an unplayable game.

Hey all,

This thread was for an issue that was happening yesterday. We did have another connection drop today for unrelated reasons but that should also be resolved. Note that if you’re having other issues like characters being stuck online, we have a different thread for that so please post there instead.

We’re going to monitor this one for a bit longer for more replies just in case the failure to connect problem comes back, but at this time the connection failures we were looking into yesterday and earlier today should be resolved.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can not create or join games - “character is already in a game”