[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

Why can’t a Blizzard employee give an answer here?
Are we customers not worth knowing when we can finally play the game we have bought?
A simple update of what is currently happening would be nice, restarting the server would be great, but apparently simply asking too much.

2 Likes

Also waiting for an answer. I was patient and went to bed. 12 hours later I still can not join softcore games or create new softcore chars.

My character cannot create/join game since over 12 hours now. No sign of Blizzard over these forums and Twitter. Open tickets now ASAP.

1 Like

I did but they’ll ignore us just like they are ignoring these posts.

Yeah because it looks to be fine with 80% of the players. All my friends are online, I see tons of game, but I can’t play. I am getting sick of this now.

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to make sure you all know that we’re aware that some characters are getting stuck online for extended periods of time. I’ve merged a lot of you into this specific thread so that we can keep you all posted at once. So that we can accurately track this issue, let’s try to keep the posts on this specific thread please.

Throughout the last day the developers have made some changes that have helped with some, but not all of these. We’re going to continue working on these problems as quickly as we can. Unfortunately due to the nature of the problem, there’s nothing that we in Customer Support can do to get these characters bumped offline. We don’t have control of the data on the servers, so the best we can do is wait for a fix like the rest of you, even on our own characters. In the mean time, I apologize on behalf of all of us that this is cutting into your enjoyment of the game launch. We know you just want to get online and play the game, so we’ll keep trying to get issues like this that keep you from doing that fixed ASAP.

We don’t currently have an ETA on a fix for this, but I’ll let you all know as soon as I hear anything. In the mean time, thanks for taking the time to let us know you were having problems. If you haven’t posted on this thread yet, please feel free to do so to help us gauge impact for the problem.

23 Likes

I also can not play the game for 12 hours due to server side bug. BLIZZARD PLEASE ADDRESS US! I went to bed expecting this to be fixed by the time I woke only to discover that you haven’t even acknowledged you’re aware of the issue. We’re sitting here in limbo hoping you will help us out. It’s affecting enough people to warrant a response and a resolution.

Can not join games with existing softcore char because “Character is in game”.
Can not join games with new softcore char because “error creating game”
Can create new HC char and join games.

4 Likes

Thousands of people are having this problem now, we left the game and when trying to join or create a new one it says character already exists in game. If you make a new character it says internet connection may not be working cannot connect to servers. Are there any people working on this?

8 Likes

I don’t know mate. I’m stuck with this since over 12 hours now… no sign of Blizzard. Please open a ticket. We need to spam them obviously.

no idea , i created topic aswell about this like many others and even created support ticket its so annoying. more and more players are affected, i will tell u they will fix it for sure but this will take time, they need to shutdown servers and man progress is already ripped.But what i am really hate on this problematic no response, i am already over 10 hours straight with that bug

1 Like

I’m thinking about deleting my 36 paladin… dam

have you tried deleting the character?

You just have to do a server reset though? like yesterday

If Blizzard really decided not to response, more ppl will make a refund about it, cause a lot of new players doesnt know this bug exist in D2 LOD aswell but you can fix it by creating new chars and join them and log off and join with your regulary again but it doesnt work in D2R.

They should shutdown the servers and fix it it before going live again cause this is super annoying and ppl losing their progress.

Note: I am stuck with that bug over 10hours + straight and still continues.

15h+ i am stuck. cmon

Crazy#25329

You have 1,000s of people that have been locked out since yesterday, how is this acceptable?

7 Likes

This has been occurring for well over 12 hours. Can Blizzard acknowledge? Is there an expected fix soon?

3 Likes

Same here, 9+ hours for me. Unable to play my character that is supposedly logged into another game. Even creating new characters doesn’t fix anything, cant join anything on them either, same error.

Steps to replicate:
Log into Battle.Net, look at my “Online” character selection screen. Click on Play for my level 24 sorceress. “Failed to Enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again.” Press OK. Click play again “An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers. Please check that you are connected to the internet a…”

same here, took off work to play

1 Like

아 게임 존나 안되게 만들어놨네 개 열받네 진짜

At this point I’m just trying to get my money back.

3 Likes