Blizzard lying to people

No it didn’t. There hasn’t been a ladder yet. No bs de facto. Liar liar liar. Stop rewriting history. Anyone that really cares about ladder did not consider ladder (by anyone I mean 90%+). Just because your broken brain thought you were playing ladder

I never have called you a liar nor have I said you lied. My harshest criticism was that you misinterpreted things. You can not claim the same.

1 Like

I’ve been nicer to you than you deserve and I’ve been pretty damn rude

Will you admit that I have never called you a liar?

1 Like

Nope. Maybe when I’m not on my phone I’ll dig it up. I consider saying I’m lying and calling me a liar the same just to be clear

I never said you lied either.

Edit: I just checked my entire post history. I never called you a liar nor did I post that you lied. As I said, my worst criticism was that you misinterpreted.

For all post since October 2021, I used liar here:

and in the few posts above where I deny using the term “liar” in relation to you.

1 Like

Ok I’ll spend some time tomorrow to find it. I’m guessing you never called me a “liar” or maybe never said was lying. So I’ll admit I was wrong there. What did start this is you say blizzard never said shortly after launch. I am likely wrong on how you worded it

Mid?
There Are 12 Months In a Year
Someone Failed 2 Grade Math

I THOUGHT WE PROMISED NOT TO BRING THAT UP ANYMORE. Sheesh.

I have to agree with OP. Blizzard made a mistake promising ladder would come early 2022. Most people stopped playing soon after that as they wanted to wait for ladder but now months later it still has not come. In some sense this is not a surprise. We all know what soon™ means.

I do like many of the balance changes done for underwhelming skills but when I heard they do that I knew it would take forever to get a ladder. Would have been better to have first ladder without new content just some bug fixes. Now they could have taken their time to implement these changes and have them for 2nd ladder.

1 Like

If ladder comes late March, does that count as early 2022?

If ladder comes before April 15, is that early 2022?

1 Like

Lol it’s just the ladder… the game is everything… the ladder is just there to make people want to play and compete with friends. Doesn’t change anything and no one cares about who plays the game more then anyone needs to, just to be ranked on a PvE game where the PvP is usually just for fun anyways. Besides you could be number 1 and still get wrecked by lots of other people that are better than you anyways. No one talks about it in game and Def not irl. May be wrong, I’ll bring that up on my next date about how I’m number 8 worldwide and only 810386 points to 7. After that secures a kiss and a second date I’ll probably be at least number 3 and getting laid without a doubt if I can just get rank up

I can repeat it all now if you want. It is completely accurate and some of that is from the past few weeks.

The ladder can’t be released until the Database is reprogrammed to handle the volume of global players. The reason we had all the game shut downs, character loss, item loss, etc was because the database was the same old structure that used to handle regional groups for D2. When applied to the global scale it keeled over and died.

That is why we had temp measures like queues and game creation restrictions.

The current PTRs have been testing the technical changes to the database to increase stability and performance. IF those basic tech aspects are stable then ladder can move forward. Which it is.

Completing revising the architecture of a 20+ year old database once the game is Live is NOT trivial. That takes time and testing.

As everyone told you, the first requirement for ladder is game infrastructure stability. “Soon” is a relative term and depends on the first. That is why no date was ever given.

All the arguing you are doing does not matter though. It is what it is and no amount of trying to spin it will change ladder release date.

3 Likes

its telling that you still use the word soon, he said shortly after ladder, at least be consistent.

im not looking for reasons why, thats been said 100 times and no one is arguing it. i know ladder release isnt changing. you are arguing points that im not making to seem like you are making better points.

do you truly think blizzard lived up to their pre launch expectations for ladder? its a simple yes or no and I think anyone saying yes is a liar

For me? Yes. I strongly suspected the game was going to have massive tech issues on launch. You can’t take a database designed for a use on Regions in 2000 (smaller game population) and use the same one in 2021 for a GLOBAL player base across multiple platforms. It does not scale that way easily and no joke we had massive issues, including almost a week of down time, lost chars, locked chars, lost items, etc.

So did things happen they way I expected? Yes. Am I happy about it? No. I am still angry they did not address the database issues BEFORE game release.

Legally did they live up to what they said? Yes. Do you have to be happy about it either? No. They did not lie though.

Just accept you are angry and disappointed and that the Devs doing the work are too - and are probably upset that Corporate pushed a release date in Sept vs when it was more stable.

4 Likes

I mean…technically, mid 2022 doesn’t come until May (early, mid, late = 3, 12/3 = 4, Jan Feb March April = 4 = early 2022). If we were heading into May you may have a point, but we’re still in early March, lol.

you are blatantly lying now. im not asking did you get how you thought once you got post launch info, even in october you talked how they dont want it months out.

edit: ill take this even farther, not only do I think they didnt meet pre launch expectations, i dont think they met YOUR OWN expectations as of October, a month post launch

You know they didnt live up to pre launch expectations and honestly ive lost what little respect of your posts was left that you cant even own that. THIS is why I am more frustrated. So many posters seem to be so opposed to just being honest and saying they didnt meet expecations. You can argue all day they arent liable or that you are ok with it, but I dont see how anyone who has been here since pre launch can say with a straight face they met pre launch expectations regarding ladder. You going to try and tell me you saw a 6 month delay pre ladder now too? you are better than this. Whether you think it was intentional or not, those tweets have been shown to be lies

The reason the launch failed is because they cut corners to put out a product by sept 23, thats not my fault or problem ( well i guess it is my problem, but it shouldnt be) I dont care if the devs are disappointed, they only have themselves to blame for cutting corners and not taking faster action when the problems were found. If a problem can truly take 6 months to fix they had no business launching the game

D3 season coming and they dont want to release ladder too close to that so. I would guess mid april maybe.

Everyone have their own expectations. I didnt expect ladder to come before june this year. I also didnt expect to see balance changes for the first ladder.

1 Like

Mid 2022 would be June. lol

1 Like

pre launch you didnt think ladder would be until june? thats really your argument?