Blizzard lying to people

Don’t you get sick of the lies. I mean ladder will be launched early 2022. Now here we are going into mid 2022 and still no ladder. Every single change is useless on top of that. We don’t want an easier game… We want a harder one. But clearly it doesn’t matter cause you can’t be transparent about what your doing / planning. Now (literally) you have only half the players left. So what is the point at this point and time. Blizzard fails its community yet again… Never learning from its past mistakes.

17 Likes

Ah, you must be an expert software coder/game designer that has plenty of experience remastering 20+ year old games… Perhaps you should have joined the Vicarious Visions/Blizzard development team and showed them how it’s done?

If they would have released the ladder earlier when things were broken, they’d be getting even more heat than they are right now because of the ladder delay.

They discovered a major issue with the game after release… Yes, they delayed the ladder because of it, yes people are anxious to play, yes people are or are becoming impatient… They delayed the ladder in order to deliver the best experience they can offer.

The light at the end of the tunnel is visible. Ladder will be here soon.

28 Likes

Far as I know, there never was a promised date, or even estimate for ladder launch, so no use crying about it. As for difficulty, there is no “we” its fine as it is imo.

15 Likes

Actually, yes I went to college for 6 years for computer repair and software. 2 years later i went to ITT tech to obtain a electrical license as well. Now i work as lead electrician in natural gas plant. through the ibew electrical hall. I have met 100s of blizzards employees that would agree with me. But its not the designers causing issues. Its blizzard trying to manage there understaffed operations and refusing to give better pay / benefits to get more employees. But overall yes they have lied and refused to be transparent so there i did it for them.

5 Likes

Yeah, well my Uncles nextdoor neighbors barbers bestfriends dentists brothers room mate works for Blizzard. So I know a thing or two. :slight_smile:

23 Likes

thats darkjedi in a nutshell, dude requires you have experience that isnt needed to hold an opinion that they lied (its clear they did to anyone that can read) and then when someone claims to have the experience they make up more excuses. if you cannot attack targets argument without attacking him then you have no real counter. you do not need to be a programmer to know this isnt shortly after launch. you do not need to be a programmer to know ladder isnt early 2022. why you and others are so bent on defending blizzard is beyond me. they lied to you and to me and did it to keep costs low and for money. do you really not see that? the issue isnt that the problem required 6 months to fix. if anyone believes that they are naive

they didnt delay ladder to make things nice and shiny, they did it because they didnt have it ready and the server issues have nothing to do with that. they never had ladder ready pre launch. they made fixing servers a non priority. they lied when they said ladder would come WITH the fixes, it did not. they but shiny balance changes out there to distract and its worked on most of this forum

4 Likes

Dude i tryed to creat a game 2011. U have no clue. Just give them the time they need. I can w8 for months, i just hope they make it GOOD.

4 Likes

I suggest you take a trip down memory lane and re-read through the Blizz Tracker starting on September 21, 2021.

3 Likes

then they shouldnt have launched on sept 23 if they cant handle this time frame that THEY picked. you act like im making up the time frame for them. tell your boss you will get them a finished product on sept, then shortly after then 5 months later dont have it for them still. let me know how that goes. Blizzard set the dates and yet you all seem ok that they ignore them (and for the illiterate, no im not saying blizz promised ladder on sept 23)

well pre launch they said ladder “shortly after” launch and also said that if there are major issues then it would be released with those fixes, not months after the fixes. then after launch they said early 2022. are you disagreeing that they said that or…? what am i missing

You’re referring to the Rob Fergusson tweet. Shortly after the game is stable… Not shortly after launch.

I’ve told you before and I’ll say it again: Reading comprehension goes a long way.

1 Like

false, it says shortly afer once the game settles down. referring to launch in the prior statement and once it settles down (once means at that moment in case english isnt your first language) and we are waaay past settling down and pez said it would come out WITH the fixes. try again liar

Alright. I gave you a chance. Back on the list you go.

Some people are dense.

Ok just to make this clear that they have lied and why. They have a work load of double the year of 2019. Which at the time they had just over 9,000 Employees (well qulified). Now they have 4,000 employees and the guy who created diablo 3 for example. Did not know what a herald of zakarum was. They are super behind and continue to make excuses to push back ladder. When in reality there not even really trying. They have cut benefits and pay where most company’s increased them. The company its self is corrupt and does not care about being transparent. Instead they continue to feed the gullible people lies in hope they continue to play and be satisfied.

1 Like

we are 2 months away from mid 2022…
jan feb march april = early
may june july aug = mid
sept oct nov dec = late

8 Likes

Heh, I don’t really care what Jay Wilson knows. He’s gone. I’m sure many others feel the same way about him.

I generally agree that ActiBlizz is a bloated soulless corporate machine, and I have absolutely zero brand loyalty. But where was the lie?

in peoples imaginations and incorrect understanding of what was written/said.

basically people lie to themselves and get mad at others for it.

5 Likes

Yep… And people wonder why Blizzard CMs don’t participate in the forums other than pinned blog posts… :laughing:

5 Likes

Speak for yourself. I personally don’t want a frustrating experience with favorite builds and I don’t want a harder game, I would rather have a more challenging experience. It’s how you word it that matters.

This could be improved :+1:

I think Blizzard is being overly cautious with releasing a firm start date, because of concerns about big issues that they have yet to discover. This is understandable, but I still think they should commit to a firm date and then change it if they must for a good reason. Not knowing is harming the interest of this game.

You bring up a good point and I have yet to see most big-name companies address this issue. Communication with the customers is important. I think it’s fair that Blizzard invests in a position where someone whose sole purpose is to take notes during meetings and write weekly reports that can later be published to us the customers. Things like goals, issues, solutions, dates, thoughts and conclusions. Many corporations have this as a standard practice and it holds leaders/developers accountable, why not have it practice at Blizzard?