Message to Blizzard

And what use is you making 40 stupid posts that lack reading comprehension doing? Take your own advice. What has been more frustrating than the delay is the amount of people on here that are not only ok with it but don’t get why others are pissed. It blows my mind

My reading comprehension is fine as this thread confirms over and over again. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

And yet you’ve avoided dozens of very direct questions while letting me know Ptr was out 20 times. I beg to differ

What do you hope to accomplish? Do you really want to convince others that your viepoint is correct and that we all should boycott Blizzard going forward?

We all agree:

1. Blizzard announced pre-release on several occasions (and as reported in the video game news media) when refunds were easy that a pre-condition of ladder to start was the game/servers needed to be stable. You knew this.

2. It is disappointing for you and others that there were many issues that delayed how long it took to get D2R game/servers to be stable. You have a right to be disappointed in Blizzard.

You think Blizzard sucks and you are not going to spend another penny. What motivates you to post? Do you want validation or just to vent?

You know that your posts are being met with overwhelming counterarguments from many, since the basic fundamentals are there for everyone to see.

Disagree with most of this. I am most annoyed by you specifically. Who goes out of Your way to avoid any direct blame of blizzard or acknowledging they lied. Don’t care they lied? Cool. Nothing wrong with that. But the inability to recognize they lied and live in the false history drives me nuts. I’ve made it overwhelmingly clear why I didn’t return the game. I was lied to. They did not release shortly after ladder. They did not release with fixes to servers. They didn’t release once everything settled down. Take your pick. They were all lies. I just don’t understand how you can’t grasp that they lied and I’m upset. The fact you can’t grasp that is more upsetting than blizzard lying. A big corp lying isn’t a shocker. Random fan boys doing every mental gymnastics event to avoid saying that is.

I haven’t seen a single counter argument that proves blizzard didn’t lie. I’ve seen you try and twist the English language (which is what started all of this in case you forget) because you called me a liar for claiming blizz said it would be out shortly after launch. You have shown you are illiterate in your continued defense of that accusation in spite of examples to illustrate my point. The qualifier once means at that moment not a time later which is why shorty after and once clearly refer to different times. Shortly after launch date once it settles down. I don’t see how anyone can not come to that conclusion AND be an average or better reader in English

Edit: If you simply said blizzard lied but I’m ok with it i could respect that to be clear but you’ve done everything possible to avoid it

They did not lie. Before D2R launch, Blizzard said that a pre-condition of ladder was the game/server needed to be stable.

Did Blizzard know pre-release how long it would take to fix the game/server issues? If the answer is no, then I would say that they lacked foresight but that is not a lie.

They have released multiple hotfixes. Do you remember them adding game creation queues?

I would not call Blizzard a liar if you are claiming that Blizzard has not introduced fixes to the game/server. If Blizzard did know that it would take many months pre-release, then Blizzard did lie. From what I have read, the former is most likely.

The 2.4 patch notes include multiple additional fixes. You can see these fixes are even stated to specifically fix stability issues.

Graphics

• Fixed artifacting that could occur on certain VFX when using DLSS
  • Fixed an issue where the player would become invisible if using Fade behind a transparent wall
  • Fixed an issue where ethereal items were appearing invisible when standing behind transparent walls
  • Fixed an issue where grass in Tamoe Highland could pop in and out while traversing.
  • Fixed an issue where VFX could become missing after playing for an extended period of time on consoles
  • Fixed an issue where VFX could appear as black boxes on PS4 in high memory usage scenarios
  • Fixed a DLSS-related ghosting artifact that could occur on moving objects while the game camera is stationary

Localization

• Fixed some localization issues with skill tooltips
  • Fixed some localization issues related to user presence in the Xbox social menus
  • Fixed some localization issues in the Settings menu
  • Fixed miscellaneous issues related to localization of chat commands

• Fixed an issue where users in Europe or Korea were unable to block or report users
  • Fixed an issue where the right click context menu options in the Friends List would not consistently function
  • Fixed an issue where you could not highlight game names and join if using a controller in the Lobby menu.
  • Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in an ‘attempting to join’ state if you tried to join a game through the friends list while you were rate limited
  • Fixed an issue where swapping between Keyboard and Controller on the front end could rarely force you into the Offline character tab and prevent access to the online tab for a small amount of time.
  • Fixed an issue on consoles where online friends who have their presence set to appear ‘Offline’ in their platform settings would appear in the friends list sorted into other online friends rather than with their other offline friends
  • Fixed an issue on Switch where if you remove someone from your friends list, they may not correctly get removed
  • Fixed a visual issue that could occur when opening the Horadric Cube while in the middle of a trade with another player
  • Auto-generated game name and password from game sessions generated using the main menu ‘Play’ button will now be hidden.
  • Fixed an issue where your character selection wouldn’t persist if you exited the lobby

Performance

• Fixed an issue where users with 3050 series GPUs would have incorrect default graphics settings
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game
  • Fixed a crash that could occur during the Pandemonium event
  • Miscellaneous crash/stability fixes
1 Like

So to be clear you are arguing that things have not settled down yet correct?

Blizzard is still introducing fixes for performance in patch 2.4 according to their patch notes as shown below.

• Miscellaneous crash/stability fixes

Do you struggle with reading? It’s a yes or no question

Edit : and ignoring your dodge as usual. Almost every patch in any game has a line like that in it

Yes. The game still has performance issues in relation to crashes/stability. Today, D2R crashed twice while I was playing.

So rather than muddying and changing wording. Has everything “settled down” yet? Yes or no. No wording changes. No qualifiers.

I can not define what Blizzard meant by “everything settles down”.

If I were to take a literal interpretation, the answer is no. Everything has NOT settled down, especially in light of the fact that Blizzard is still testing fixes to improve performance and stability.

Then we are living in two different realities. Nothing to discuss if you think as of today everything still Hasn’t settled down in d2r when I think 90%+ of the players would say things settled down in 2021. If we can’t agree on the starting facts as this then no point continuing

If everything had settled down already, why would Blizzard need to improve performance in relation to crashes/stability in patch 2.4? It is simple logic.

There is a difference between setting down and being perfect. I hope you can realize that

Of course, there is a difference between perfection and good enough. Since the quote is “everything settles down”, I think that they fall short of that bar as of now.

Today, the game crashed for me twice. That shows that there are still significant issues.

Have you played recently?

1 Like

No I haven’t. No reason to play. It’s pretty messed up if there are still crashes that over 5 months after launch with no new content in the live game. Like that’s just beyond unacceptable. If the game still isn’t at “settled down” status then refunds are due to more than just ladder people

It has gotten better. There are no login or game creation queues anymore;; however, that may be due to the fact that there has been a falloff in player numbers and fixes that they have introduced to date.

I suspect that Blizzard is worried that ladder will lead to a big spike in players that may bring things crashing down. That is why there are still trying to optiimize.

It’s really an either or. Either things settled down a long time ago and they failed to meet their pre launch claims (lied) or someone this game is still broken over 5 months later (I don’t believe that to be the case but that’s the only way they didn’t lie. In which case they sold a Product not even close to being a finished product)

They never made a specific claim about how long things would take to fix. You can argue incompetence or not prioritizing, but I think that Blizzard did not know how long it would take to fix the game/server.

In terms of being a finished project at release, it was clear that they were worried and made it clear to everyone when they announced that ladder would not be starting at launch but shortly after once everything settles down.

1. Game/server stable and then ladder

At some point, Blizzard had to release the game. No matter how much QC is done, there is almost invariably something comes up once a game goes live.