Blizzard lying to people

thank you for being honest. I personally thought under a month if it went well and maybe 2 months if it was a mess, certainly not this. given they did release the game in a “beta” state I think they deserve the full blame for this mess as opposed to excuses that they didnt know blah blah. They alone created this disaster and while hind sight is 20/20 there are steps they could have taken prior that cost $$$$ to make launch better and avoid this and also had more staff to help fix. I get why they didnt, but im also not happy about it.

I already linked that for you as well as the post from Boutus on the D2R forum that he feared that ladder may never come. Ironicaaly, he was the person who Rod’s tweet was in reply to.

So not only did some think that ladder could be seriously delayed, I provided direct evidence of an August 2021 post worried that ladder may never come at all.

2 Likes

thats not my problem. the options are not early ladder and broken or super delayed and working. the could do a good job too, i know that shocking but it was an option

thats literally what I just said micro, i said the only post you linked was PRIOR to rod and pez’s tweets. so the only concern anyone has shown pre launch that it would take a very long time (or not happen) was PRIOR to rod and pez suggesting that concern was not needed. You are making points as per usual that dont refute anything I said (in fact confirm in this case)

Holy :cow2:

Boutus posted his worries on the D2R forum after Rod tweeted his reply. This post was in the thread Boutus created reporting Rod’s tweet to him.

For clarity in chronological order:

Boutus tweeted at Rod.
Rod replied via tweet.
Boutus makes thread on D2R forum reporting Rod’s teeet.
Boutus posts in that thread that he is worried that ladder may never come in D2R.

3 Likes

you literally just said rods tweet was in response to his concerns. is that not the case now?

Not what I said. I hope the chronology clarifies. Boutus initial tweet to Rod was to address the rumors that ladder would not occur at launch.

1 Like

Except im saying it. I know more about my expectations than u do.

so u were wrong.

U got nothing to back up your own claim but assume u being right. I shared a link which explains your behaviour.

According to u not according to everyone. So u cant say “you know”. As ppl have different expectations

4 Likes

that’s generous, i’d say they have 1/5 … or even less of the players they had on launch. it is DEAD.

people do have different expectations, but pre launch I dont think that range included 6 months plus. I think you are confusing expectations with what one will tolerate or be ok with. Blizzard set expectations that while they didnt have a set date, lead anyone following to believe they intended welllll before now

Anyone can claim 5 months after launch that " i knew it would take this long" if you are going to make this claim you need to back it up not just play captain hindsight. You saying you knew it back then with nothing to suggest that does not prove me wrong. At best its hearsay on both parts, at worst you are a liar or likely misremembering.

If ladder came out in october would you have been posting, i knew this would take until june, i guess i was wrong. of course not.

I have already documented that Boutus posted pre-release his worry that D2R may never have a ladder. Never is far longer than 6 months +

2 Likes

but you love to say that pez’s tweet clarified everything, anything after that? because that would require one to have all the info that I had and chose not to return the game. they would need all of that info and to still think it takes 6 months plus.

Like I have said in other threads, even if it is a non zero number of people that thought that but it is <1% of players it is still no reasonable to expect anyone to have the thoughts of people who honestly were more scared of it than actually believed it

i hope you realize you wont win this in my mind because I think it is overwhelmingly clear that the very vast majority of players thought ladder would easily be out in 2021 on sept 22. I am concerned if anyone doesnt think that is the case. The reason they believed that was the expectations set by blizzard. Hence, I do not think they lived up to their expectations. As ive said 20 times, i understand people being ok or understanding or not caring about ladder, thats not relevant and will of course vary by person.

Yeah u think.

No. U are being confused.

I can say that.

They said they release ladder when the game is stable. Plenty of ppl expected issues. U cant say that everyone expected it to be a smooth launch.

I did back it up. David Brevik himself didnt wanna remaster d2 because he believed it be “impossible” to do. Blizzard tend to have issues with launch and d2 being a old game makes it even harder.

My expectations has nothing to do with hindsight. Its just u being ignorant.

I didnt say i knew. I expected it. None can say they knew. U did expect it to be released earlier and u were wrong. Im not surprised and I dont call blizzard liers. But guess u have a tendancy to call ppl liers who doesnt agree with u or do as u please.

The article explains why we see responses like this from u:

Obv the list is much longer~

I brought up that i didnt expect balance changes, force walk, smart cast before first ladder.
The reason i brought it up:

U the one who used expectations as a argument and call blizzard liers. I just stated u were wrong and there are plenty of ppl who didnt expect ladder to be out yet.

There is another example:

2 Likes

Well that’s easy… To stir up :poop:. For the sake of argument. Misery loves company. Spilling haterade. Trolling. Typing practice. Etc.

5 Likes

I understand people’s frustrations but in retrospect it’s better that it’s coming out now instead of back during the worst of the launch issues.

You know, the super short seasons of the PTR testing were actually a blast, it was fun to t est myself on how far I could get in a short period of time.

4 Likes

This is simply not true. The “very vast majority of players” did not think “ladder would easily be out in 2021”. The game released on September 23.

When do you and supposedly this huge vast majority think that ladder would be out in 2021? October? November? December?

Even if you thought that on September 22, did you still have that view late on September 24 where there were already 24 (I think) blue posts from the three diablo CMs due to issues encountered at D2R launch?

4 Likes

post launch isnt relevant because thats after I could return the game.

yes I think the majority thought within a month of launch and I think the very vast majority thought safely in 2021. I do not think many people thought ladder was going to take more than 3 months on sept 22 considering the forums were full of people guessing 2-3 WEEKS

You could still return the game post launch, dependent on hours played.

Could you show me several posts from all these people guessing 2 to 3 weeks that were made after August 12?

4 Likes

im not digging up posts, i remember that being what a lot of people were posting because I was annoyed it was 2-3 weeks and not days but over it. Im guessing youd find a lot of posts saying weeks and few if any saying 6+ months if you go back but im not spending the time to do so. I trust my memory

this thread has people speculating days and a week

[TheDarkJedi

A small delay after September 23rd to start the ladder is understandable. This time duration could be considered a second ‘large scale multiplayer test’ to make sure everything is ticking along smoothly. After all, the release version also needs a solid amount of time stress testing on Battle.net.

Wouldn’t it be disappointing for Blizzard to start a ladder on September 23rd, then find out there is something wrong that requires temporary downtime of an unknown duration right at the beginning of the ladder? No thanks, I’d rather Blizzard make sure that everything is working correctly before the start of a ladder.

those were august 11 this one is September with more talks of days and weeks and 1-3months

and this one directly responding to the tweet

“Hopefully, that’ll be within the first week of launch.”

“if it doesn’t start within the first week of launch, then that’s where it becomes a problem for me.”

“I would moderate your expectations. The qualifier is “shortly after once everything settles down”. I do not know how long this will be. A week may very well be too short of a time period.” this one is YOU, while you say a week may be too short, nothing suggesting you thought 6 months. this is not the response of someone expecting 6 months.

“I think anything between 1 - 3 weeks is fair :+1:

“So basically, play classic for first two weeks, as classic non ladder is a complete game. Got it. Sure hope they added shared stash.”

“from this method of doing 4 and 5 day betas that they are confident that they’re ready for prime time and only need a short duration test to achieve their goals.”

MissCheetah

1696 posts

MVP

Aug '21

Thinking about this.

If they do Ladders like D3 Seasons then they will release the game - give it a week - then release the Ladder." miss cheetah forgetting what they said and thought at the time

and then this one that is the best:

“I’m just worried that ladder will never be added”

with YOUR response:

“Your worry appears to be unfounded. They have said ladders will be coming. The whole W3R fiasco actually helps in that regard. There is no way on earth that D2R will not have ladders.”

boutus
“Makes sense to me. I won’t let lack of immediate ladder get in the way of my enthusiasm, but I definitely enjoy the ladder seasons.” basically conceding they dont think it wont happen which is your only source claiming so now you have 0 sources since both they and YOU contradict it

oh yeah and one guy trolling saying ladder will be early 2022 thinking its a joke. so the extreme joke hyperbole was still ahead of ladder. curious how you will argue with these posts and especially your own words

My posts pre-release were very clear. Anyone who thought D2R would start ladder in a week post launch at one extreme and never at the other extreme were both wrong.

The thread titled “Two options:…” started on August 10 and its last post was August 12. In total there were 85 posts. I made post 62 who had to inform prior posters about PezRadar’s reddit post on August 10. They did not yet know what Blizzard had said about delaying ladder. Post 67 in that thread had the tweet from Rod. No one in that thread after my post claimed that it would be 2-3 weeks after being informed.

The thread titled “I can confirm no ladder at launch” had 65 posts. I posted in that thread 7 times. If you inspect my posts carefully, I clearly exclude the two extreme possibilities: ladder in the first week of D2R launch and never. Only a couple people in that thread suggested 1-3 week timeframe for ladder. This number is similar to those who were worried that ladder would be distant as was the case for W3R.

My use of the word “may” was me being polite, especially after I said “I would moderate your expectations” that basically meant I knew that poster would be wrong and disappointed. I knew that this was almost impossible that it would be that quick. I think you need to read my whole quote where I said I did not know how long it would be. I knew that it was a very broad timeframe of possibilities, since we all know Blizzard soon and how infrequent games launch without technical glitches that can not be accurately predicted by beta testing.

Even in that post was not clear enough, I later posted in that thread.

You will see I reiterate that it could be short or an extended timeframe and not me or even Blizzard knows.

People hoping it would be 1-3 weeks for ladder to start at D2R launch were naive or subject to wishful thinking. Clearly these few people had no rational basis for their view pre-release because no one knew how launch would go. There were as many people saying it would be 4+ months. These people proved correct.

Frankly, once we hit November 1 and the game was still having issues, it was clear to me with almost 100% certainty that ladder would not be in 2021.

To summarize, people had a range of ideas about how long it would take before D2R ladder would start. I suspect that the average was 3 months +/- 2 months. As such, some people thought it would be quick and some slow. Even if someone expected a certain timeframe, they knew that their estimate might be off due to unforeseen issues.

3 Likes