Two options, delay the launch or launch it with Ladder

I have a question regarding this. Ladder characters…notably ladder only runewords.

I am not the competative type, so ladder rankings mean little to me. But having the ladder start after the official launch date - does this mean that you wont be able to create a ladder character on day 1, so if you really want those ladder character only runewords then youll basically need to wait until ladder begins before you should create your character?

So what we know so far for sure, is that the community manager EXPECTS the ladder to come after release. The way it works now, this would mean, there are no ladder-only RWs and no ladder-only uniques available in online play!

The same community manager has written (in a Reddit comment afaik) whatsoever, that the singleplayer mode has been changed to make all of these items available there in D2R.

Beyond playing SP, there ofc is also the possibility, that the ladder does indeed come with release, so the manager’s expectation would not prove right. Also they could probably enable ladder-only items in non-ladder, until the ladder starts.

And yes, wether or not your character can find these items, is determined in the character creation and can not be changed down the road for the respective character.

If you don’t like the fact that game will more than likely not have a ladder at the start, you can always wait to make a char when it does… /Shrug/

Well as long as ladder starts on Friday or Saturday I sure most be ok with that. But any longer I don’t think people be ok with it.

if the ladder starts a couple of days after the release, i m fine with it. but if they just want to see the hype at the beginning and 1-2 month later they want to hype it up again with the ladder, this is just a moneygrabb

I would agree 100% here, if there was not the WC3R fiasco… there, the ladder and other features, which were in the original WC3, did not make it in the release version of the remaster and unfortunately blizzard seemed to realize quite late, that WC3R only gives them money once and stopped working on the remaster, BEFORE these feature were implemented. Now thousands of WC3 fans can’t play the old game anymore because of a new launcher and also don’t have an ingame league mechanic.

Therefore, I highly recommend, giving a clear feedback in these forums, such that the (presumably small) risk of this also happening to d2 is minimized.

I was not negative with my feedback, it was just an observation. If that came our rude i apologize. I totally understand that the Ladder is big part of the game. I also know that they have stated it will be in the game. On the flipside of that coin, it wasn’t just 1 thing to make WC3R fail…that was just a cluster F*** from day one.

I would think that the ladder will be delayed for a week or so for the simple fact that we are only beta testing the first two acts. Someone could find an exploit in acts 3-5 that would need to be patched or there could be unfound game breaking bugs in acts 3-5 that could force them to reset ALL game progress for every one . It would not be the first time something like that would happen with a “new” games launch.

Not all, I just wanted to emphasize, that it is important to give feedback, just as you did there. It is also good, if a lot of people ask for a more concrete date for the implementation of a ladder, because I am sure, a lot of people do want a ladder and they don’t want blizzard to wait with that, such that it might never come.

Definitely a no for delay.

On one hand I would prefer if the game was tested for a while to find game breaking bugs, crashes, etc. before we hit the first ladder, because if not, some player can get the edge by exploiting, being able to play and get upper hand in the market before others get to that level (e.g. on some POE launches, some players were able to get to level 80, while others at the time were at level 10 crashing/dcing/rollbacking - looking at you ritual league (or was it the next league, don’t remember).

On the other hand, I hope it won’t take too long, as I only got one free time off work for 20.09-22.10 :smiley:

who cares the ladder ?! this is a BETA TEST…whats wrong with the people?!! thats NOT the release jesus…

There has been a rumour that there won’t be ladder on actual release

No, actually this is about the release in September.

then im sorry. was to …hasty

He’s talking about the launch next month.

does VV have problems with work scheduling and time pressure or where do these rumors come from ?

single player LOLOL. thats a good one!

The biggest mistake they can make is not launching Ladder Day 1 with the release.
Wc3R removed ladder and that was a HUGE reason it tanked hard.

Ladder or bust.

Ladder will launch at release weekend (friday) barring any sort of “open beta crashed servers because infrastructure is trash” situation. Keep in mind CM is not a dev. They are often not even employees of the company. With that in mind they often aren’t told the whole truth, half the truth or even a fraction of the truth by those who are really in control of the product. Until we see something official, posted in an official capacity (redditlol) i think there is nothing to worry about.

It is an official post by the community manager - not a rumor.