Amazon Guided Arrow Misses

I am playing with Amazon character. The guided arrow describe that it should never miss. But the skill misses all the time. Even for enemies right in front of the character. Why is this so?

Its so annoying when 5 out of 10 shots miss using guided arrow. This happens with Attack rating of 5000+.

Eh?

Guided Arrow does not miss unless the target blocks. You don’t need AR with Guided Arrow.

If you are putting your cursor over a monster so you can see its name and health, and then firing GAs directly at it with a name-lock, you got something wrong there if 5/10 GAs are missing.

Do you have really bad lag? Only thing I can think of that may be causing this.

Not really. There is no lag. And yes even when I have the monster name visible by cursor over it, it still misses. I have that miss indicator on and see those white x marks appearing all the time.

I have noticed that the X for missing shows up a lot and was wondering the same thing. But now that TSBoyer mentioned block it makes sense. Monsters ( weirdly enough even without shields ) have a chance to block.

One thing i did find strange and i saw no one talking about is that in D2 LOD the guided arrows used to go through monsters and then back again a few times, it felt like it was hitting multiple times. Now the animation is exactly the same as magic arrow, and i do have piercing so idk why it is different.

You’re talking about a time waaaaaaaaay back before LOD expansion in v1.08 when pierce used to work with Guided Arrow. That was patched like 18 years ago ^^

About the X’s, I started noticing that those X’s are popping up for no reason when the attacks are definitely actually hitting. You can watch a monster’s health bar and see that all your attacks are dealing damage, but X’s will pop up anyway. It seems to do it a lot with Jab and with Multi. I think with Multi, it does it because a single cast of Multi will fire say 5+ arrows that are very close to each other when they pass through a monster but only 1 arrow can actually hit that creature so it shows X’s as misses for the other arrows when they pass behind it.

I don’t know but the X system is buggy right now. You can actually see what I’m talking about in this sample footage I streamed. Go near the end of the video where I do a clear in Chaos. You can see that those X’s are popping up when I am clearly hitting the creatures →

D2r Budget Bowa End-Game Setup - Twitch

Pay attention to when Lord De Seis spawns. You’ll see my torch cast the Hellfire proc and when the fire passes over the mob, the shows A LOT of X’s start flashing on the Doom Knights. This must be because they are immune to fire. So this makes me think that any time an element type hits a creature that it is immune to, it will show an X. This could be true even if I am hitting it with a Guided Arrow that has a small amount of fire attached to it. I’ll have to pay closer attention and see if this is the case.

hello darkness my old friend…Damn i liked that a lot. OH yes the hellfire torch! i noticed that too, in my case i thought the monster was fire immune, i didnt check, but yeah every second of the torch shows as X. I am going to assume its bugged because its a new feature, in the case of like guided arrow.