Diablo II Resurrected is a ___ REMASTER ___

Maybe you should learn not being triggered THAT easily.

Who said that one thing about the stamina bar doesn’t matter since “the problem” solves itself after a few hours of playing. and therefor isn’t a problem at all, not even requiring ANY mention in these discussions. No matter WHO mentioned it first.

Yes, a gameplay element which becomes irrelevant shouldn’t be in the game in the first place. BUT IT DOESN’T MATTER!!! for this discussion.

I would call synergies, runewords that promoted cross class skills, a complete balancing change, etc a pretty fundamental change to how the game was played. It was still core Diablo 2, no less than it’s prior patches, but was a different experience than it’s prior self.

Regarding OP runewords in general:

If anything I’d LOWER the droprates to what they were in 1.09 or whenever they were super low. I have no issues with things like Enigma etc staying as long as Bots&Dupes are properly dealt with. It’s never been fun to have several Enigmadins in every single game. There’s no prestige and ‘wow’ effect then if they’re all over the place due to bots&dupes.

The best topic to Diablo 2 R.
Thanks for this.
Diablo 2 R for Diablo 2 Player as first.

its a new remaster that will have wery much needed QoL changes, many of them are wery valid. if you want to play exactly the same d2 we do now, that one will still be left.

i want to see a personal loot system, it could be an option when you create a hero or create a game, so everyone will be happy.

the action bar that controll UI will have should be an option for pc and mouse aswell.

Charms should get there own little inventory.

there is loads of more great QoL updates, stamina bar could get a re work aswell, dont want any changes? stick do OG d2.

even if its a masterpiece, its not perfect and could need alot of balance changes and more QoL.

QoL are okay but not necessary. Actually, you could take over the game 1 to 1 and it would still be absolutely awesome

yes but why not make it even more awesome

Those changes were more QoL changes than fundamental changes, imo. Same with respec. Also, balancing changes are always welcomed. People who want things like personal loot though, that would be a fundamental change. D2, at its core, is all about loot. Any changes to how loot works would be a fundamental change.

Respec was a QoL. Synergies and the mass of OS Skill based runewords were not QoL, but massive changes to the gameplay and skill system. The ideas were fine, but they were not properly balanced imo, which is why Diablo 2 turned into “Rise of the Hammerdin.” Does the Hammerdin being powerful bother me? No. Does it being OP to the point that it almost completely overshadows the other classes and outperforms the balance of the rest of the game (ie, very few Magic Immunes)? Yes.

There is a reason that this has been a hot topic since 1.10, and a reason that out of all potential questions that could come from Blizzcon during the Panels, that this was one of them. Devs know game is unbalanced, and plan on releasing it at launch that way. Don’t be surprised and shocked that balance changes come with a patch a ladder season or two into launch.

Personally, D2 was my favorite video game at that time. Things change, technology evolves, tastes differ. There is no reason not to introduce a separate mode where there is personal loot (either selected at game creation or character creation based on what Blizzard decides). The original global loot mode remains. Old school D2 players get the game they want. Other players can choose to have a different experience.

“Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.” – Mark Twain. While loyalty is usually a positive value, it can turn into a burden for people who like to stay loyal to subjective things such as opinions or convictions. Change is the law of life and our loyalty must always know how to navigate changes.

Originally, you could not respec at all in D2. I think it was patch 1.10 (I think) that allowed respecs. To me, this was bad game design of early patches.

My response was mostly directed at the fact that respec was a QoL addition in post 1.10 patches (I think 1.11 or 1.12), but the bulk of 1.10 was a massive shift of gameplay and balance changes, which was a fundamental shift as opposed to a basic QoL shift. I’m fine with the respec. It is limited to one per difficulty, then if you want more, you got to farm them. Makes one think “do I really want to farm these, or just roll a new character?”

To be honest, with the way the game changed it’s system in 1.10, you kind of needed those respecs. It isn’t like the game progresses the player into immune monsters beyond boss types bit by bit, it slams them into you around mid Nightmare, to where whatever build a player completely new to the game might have issues and quit the game.

At the time, many players complained that adding respecs was a fundamental change that “killed” D2. I liked the ide. That conversation has similarities to the current discussion of adding the option of instanced loot but not removing the anility to also have games that are exclusively global loot.

D2 diehards at the time said respecs would ruin the game and kill longevity. We now know that was not the case with 20/20 hindsight.

Yep. And I’ve also been wondering, why back in 2011 people pre-purchased D3 when it seemed, that they hate the franchise in general.
Then they would troll the forums and oppose any reasonable request for improvements, and they would support all the craptastic features, that ruin D3 to this day.

That’s not to say, that D2 is perfect, and that it can’t use few quality of life improvements, but some of the demands are truly unreasonable.

Being a beggar in D2 almost seems like a legitimate and honorable tactic, especially when compared to some of the crap I’ve read on these forums in recent days.
I imagine many of those people would even fail at begging for gear, considering, that the way they conduct themselves is… quite frankly annoying…

Can you though? Because that’s really what’s up for debate. People have been trying to recreate the diablo 2 magic for two decades and couldn’t.

“Making it more awesome” as you put it very well could ruin the magic entirely.

I say let’s keep the meddling to a minimum.

It was essentially already possible to respec you just made a new character and swapped over your gear.

Much like mule characters vs shared storage being a QoL respecing your character is just a QoL change as it was essentially already possible.

You could easily power level up a character to level 65 within a day.

Because there isn’t anything else to talk about. :wink: the base D2 stuff you said has been talked about for 20 years. People can find answers for any base stuff on the internet much easier than posting here. People want to talk about new stuff. This is human nature.

could wery easy be alot better

Because “experiments” could destroy it. We want Diablo 2 for 2021 and not Diablo 2.5 - like D3 mixed with d2