Diablo II Resurrected is a ___ REMASTER ___

I think people are also completely forgetting the fact that d2r will have mod support. Want a loot filter? Use a mod. Want increased drops? Use a mod. I get that a lot of the fanbase is going to play ladder where mods won’t work, but single player exists too. Not sure if a remaster has ever had a bunch of people making a storm about wanting so many drastic changes so badly.

yuck, mods are literally unfair advantages I went through this whole thing with World of Tanks. People started making so many different mods the devs had to start classifying and restricting certain mods. Eventually they ruled that certain mods were in fact cheats or unfair advantages over the rest of the player base. and things just got worse from there.

Did you not read the part where I said mods are for single player only?

Mods in WOT are mods that work online on official servers, and yes they were and still are used to create cheats and unfair advantages, other than legit and very good mods.

Mods in Diablo II Resurrected will never be usable online on official servers.

They will however be usable in singleplayer offline (locally), and with some luck on private servers like todays D2 mods. Assuming the devs keep the planned mod support.

I am definitely thrilled that D2 gets a remaster! So far I love all of the QoL changes that the devs have announced so far. I have been playing D2 since 2001/2002, and have played all of the Diablo games, except Diablo: Hellfire. I love each Diablo game in its own way, but D2 is what it is because it is the definition of arpg, and the reason it is still played today after almost 21 years since release. They need to keep D2: R a remaster, and not a total remake. Better graphics, a couple of minor QoL, updated UI, and enhanced Battle.net 2.0 security against botters/hackers/dupers/spammers is all that is needed! :slight_smile:

Most of the HR requests I have seen are tied directly to the fact that the ladder will be shorter. I’d personally be more in favor of not altering the ladder length than anything else.

I’ll use my main example of what I’ve been asking for and then ask… where is the harm?

We know through all the D2 time spent since 1.14 that certain skills that should be central to a build are just trash and worthless. Why not buff these skills a bit to give the players more ways to interact with the game?

I am fine with the idea though that the first ladder or two be true to the current state of D2 but I would certainly like to see certain aspects buffed (nothing nerfed preferably) so we can just get more ways to interact.

Well luckily for us, the people who are doing the remastering are not making fundamental changes at this time.

This will be released as D2 1.14 with better graphics and some QoL improvements. Any changes beyond what they’ve already discussed would go against what D2 is.

Save the crazy ideas for a later and optional expansion…

Thumb up ! :love_letter:

Well said, but people who write here have already preordered the game and they are showing lots of emotion here. It’s a different way of saying “I’m excited yay”. Still I’d like to see more happy posts also, the game looks fantastic and I can’t wait to play it.

Another great post from TOPCommander. Agreed 100%.

What really annoys me too is that these D3 fans tell me to go back to D2 if I hate D3 so much, but if I tell them to go back to D3 if they hate D2 so much, they get offended and accuse me of elitism and toxicity.

I wish we could all just get along! We’re all Diablo fans here. Some like one Diablo game only. Others like a couple. Me, I like all of them in their own way. They each offer a different style play, but D2 will always be my favorite. We need to just respect each other, and listen to each other. In the wise words of Deckard Cain, “Stay awhile, and listen!”

To say any changes after release will go against what Diablo 2 is, is a pretty odd statement. You do realize that games like these receive patches during their primary support cycle? Online multiplayer games usualy update balancing. Launch LoD is a much different game than current. Launch D2 is no less D2 than what current is. Start off on 1.14 and let’s go from there.

If everyone here is a true Diablo fan, they need to accept the fact that D2 and D3 are two entirely different games for different audiences. D3 fans are oil and D2 fans are water. They do not go well together, and that is what it will always be.

The only time where both D3 and D2 fans were together was when Blizzard announced Diablo Immortal in 2018 and said “Do you guys not have phones?”. They actually screwed up so bad that they managed to unite the community as a whole again for a short amount of time.

To say any changes after release will go against what Diablo 2 is, is a pretty odd statement.

No. Not when the game was made 20 years ago and the last update was over 4 years ago.

You do realize that games like these receive patches during their primary support cycle?

This isn’t a new game. This is a remastered version of an existing game that has been played for 20 years.

Online multiplayer games usualy update balancing.

Blizzard had 20 years to balance this game. If it isn’t there yet, it will never be. Why start changing things now? 20 years later.

Launch LoD is a much different game than current. Launch D2 is no less D2 than what current is. Start off on 1.14 and let’s go from there.

It is not fundamentally different.

1.10 was very fundamentally different from prior patches. I would say primary support ended for the game too after the 1.10 when og dev team left, and the team left in charge had issues with the game code. If the og dev team never left, the game could have been in a different place than now, but still would have been Diablo 2.

Now we have a new dev team, that seems to be doing great things with the code and eyes of D2 fans are gleaming again. With D4 probably being a couple of years away still, Blizzard is probably going to want to keep an eye on this community to keep non mobile gamers still interested in Diablo.

Yes, that’s why I support current minor QoL, and graphics on the game. Keep everything else the same including shared loot, etc. D2: R should be same as original D2 with a few minor upgrades, and we’re good to go! :smiley:

Overall I think we are too much afraid of change, I did not like 1.1 when it came.
It destroyed my beloved cow runs in which I made friends for life. It added synergies and runewords, completely changing diablo 2 at that time.

Before 1.1, I had some friends who had on battle net manipulated items. They had Ith Swords (which kind of resembled BOTD, but then with 6 free slots) Occu rings (stats of occulus but on a ring). Before 1.1 I also got TPPK quite often. HC public games were dead because of TPPK.

1.1 stopped most forms of TPPK, it killed cow runs and bloody foothill runs. But it also removed the bug from Lightning Echanted Multi Shot monsters. In my opinion, the game I played before 1.1 and after are very different games. People now say that they don’t want changes. At 1.09 I did not want any changes, still they came and I see people defending it like it is the original Diablo 2. We should all calm down, the devs already stated that overall it will be 1.14d with some Qol/ bug updates. I am happy to play finally on a higher resolution

Yea, I’m pumped. Can’t wait for launch! Honestly, I don’t care as much what they change, and keep the same! I’m gonna play D2: R either way! I loved playing 1.09 because there was no Enigma for every character to Teleport, and cows was the way to 99! But, I also loved 1.10 because of the new runewords, and Enigma gave a way for all characters to Teleport. So, in both of these patches I loved not having Enigma, but also loved having it when it came out. So, with that said with this remaster I’m going to play no matter what because it is a Diablo game. Diablo 4 life(no pun intended, lol)! :smiley:

Yeah, once I had seen the “ith sword” and occu ring, these hacked items ruined the game in my opinion, then 1.1 came and on the list of runewords came out, I was like, they don’t beat the hackers, they just join them by adding these overpowered items. Overall I enjoy patch 1.14d, even with the OP items, they are rare and hard to make, but I miss some of the nostalgia (1.09 nova soc for cowing anyone?)

Yea, I remember 1.09 very well. Could get to level 99 in less than a week doing cow runs! And, like I said no Enigma until the next patch after! Sorc was the go 2 for it’s teleporting to certain areas.