Diablo II Resurrected is a ___ REMASTER ___

Why even change things inside a perfect game that made the game a masterpiece the first place?

We Just want improved graphics, not an entire New game.

It’s just too silly to ruin such a game with silly ideas when the game has always been good.

Meaning behind resurrected is that it coming back to life after 21 years with improved graphics. A game that fans loved and still do today. This is why the old school fans don’t want to change anything else than improved graphics, because It’s our childhood game.

Did you like if it was your childhood game that you loved to play as a child? Your beautiful childhood game is now going to change things in your game that makes it unrecognizable, so I strongly doubt you would have liked it.

Hopefully, they will incorporate either additions or modifications upon feedback.

Honestly, there are more things than just the graphics that need to be updated in D2. Did you like muling? The shared stash is great. Did you like clicking on gold? etc…

I loved D2 at the time. It was my favorite game at that time. However, 20 years later I can see the problems in my favorite childhood game because I have matured and seen the game’s flaws.

Funny because I disagree with everything you say, bought d2 the day it came out and played it on and off to this day, hated d3, and think you are making up a bunch of false premises to attack people who just genuinely want certain things to be better. Your false dichotomy of 1:1 remaster or “turning the game into d3” is not a genuine position whatsoever.

Well Blizzard haven’t exactly done much to garner a lot of good will recently. Some may be quick to forget…

But there was that whole Blitzchung thing where Blizzard banned a player for daring to say “Free Hong Kong”. Blizzard said it’s games weren’t a platform for politics. Yet ActiBlizz then turns around and voices it’s support for BLM.

On top of that? They released Warcraft 3 Reforged which not only was plagued with it’s own issues, but they screwed up the original game people had been playing for 17 years.

I want D2 Resurrected to be good. Blizzard can’t afford a repeat of Reforged. There are many things to love about D2. In particular I liked the talent trees. It’s one of the things I constantly point to as an example when it comes to other games. D3 and World of Warcraft both saw talents pruned and significantly streamlined. I would like to see DIV pull back some of the talents we had in D2 rather than continue with the streamlined stuff we had in D3.

I am someone that has played them all. D2 and D3. I feel each does certain things better than the other. D3’s transmog and dye system for example I feel is a change for the better. However D2’s talents I feel are miles better than what we have in D3 which is too streamlined.

D3’s rifts and adventure mode are also changes I liked. I still had hoped D3 would get another expansion that brought back my beloved Werebear Druid. But alas. Fortunately DIV will have it again.

im agree with most of what your saying but for patch 1.09 because this is the vanilla patch of the game , patch 1.14 is already a patch with a lot of change, is a 2016 patch mean is got a big 0 legacy with that patch and no memories, im a nochange player but how you can ask nochange on a patch make 5 year ago ? make me smile a little bit , i will never call a 2016 patch vanila or legacy vs1,09 is 20 year old and the prime of this game

I do too. Which is why there should be no drastic changes, the game needs to be the same in every aspect except for graphics and small QoL such as autogold, shared stash.

I would love that too, but they won’t do it. Diablo 4 is looking to be a dark Diablo 3 so far from what i’ve seen.

I would like to see a transmog system in D2, personally. I’m normally against anything to be changed and added, but a transmog system I would enjoy. It would change the price of some items such as White coloured rare pelts for druids, but I would still support it.

Rifts are more boring than Baal runs, in my opinion. Mostly because I know the boss at the end is going to poop out 20 legendaries/sets. Where as for Baal, he can drop all sorts of stuff, and the items actually have weight on them for trading.

No, there isn’t. It’s a game for a different audience, and you need to accept that.

Honestly? No. But it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. This is because I don’t hoard garbage. I know which items I should be picking up. Also, the shared stash will not get rid of muling. It will just make it a lot easier to xfer items, which was the most annoying part about muling.

Unless you’re a goldfind barb running Travincal over and over, or trolling someone in bm duels; people stop picking up gold after the first two quests in Act 1 normal. It’s more efficient to just run through fast and only pick up rings/amulets/charms/staves/wands/scepters for gold. Once you’re in a certain point in Nightmare, you pick up armors that will sell for 35k to vendors.

I was expecting someone to bring the transmog subject to Diablo 2 and I have to say I have never seen such a non-RP mechanic in RPG games. When I heard Diablo IV was going to have it, I immediatly gave up ever purchasing that game. Keep that thing the farthest possible of Diablo 2.

I would be very happy if they don’t add it, but if they do I wouldn’t mind it.

It’s a new remaster that will have very minor QoL changes. The changes they’ve made so far are decent, but it’s a slippery slope. If you don’t like the way the original D2 plays, why did you even preorder?

A toggle for it wouldn’t work.

If you give people the option, they would always pick personal loot. There’s just too big of an advantage. Instead of the 1 instance of loot you’d get with shared loot, you’d be getting up to 8 different instances of drops per boss instead, which vastly inflates everything.

You’d have to fully commit to one or the other, and I don’t think it’s a contest which one they should choose.

I think this is a non-issue. Like, you’re still going to be locked out of your other spells as if you were playing the normal way, I don’t see the point.

Adds power creep, which is bad.
All of the good and none of the bad = uninteresting game design.

They also already stated they were against making the inventory larger because of charms due to power creep. I could never see them adding like this to vanilla, you’re gonna have to wait for mods.

Asking for huge changes and slapping “QoL” on it doesn’t suddenly make it a good change.

Besides, anything could be argued as a QoL change. You know what, I really don’t like dealing with the Chaos Sanctuary, it’s really slow and tedious. I think they should remove all the monsters in it so I can hit the seals without all those pesky things trying to kill me, that would be a huge QoL change to me.

Though I do agree the stamina bar is pretty redundant, sucks in acts 1-2 normal then hardly noticeable the rest of the game.

Again, why did you even prepurchase D2R if you want to completely change the game? They were as clear as they could be that it is a remaster and won’t be getting any major gameplay changes. Stick to D3.

That is not how personal loot works. In the current D2 multiplayer, there are X total drops and Y players. In a personal loot multiplayer game, there are still a total of X drops, but each player now receives X/Y drops.

See above.

PoE has three loot options for parties. Players pick the party loot option that they prefer. D2-style global loot, time loot, and personal loot. Games do not mix loot drop systems.

I’m not even all that interested in arguing the nitty-gritty details on whether personal loot is good or bad, there’s been a tonne of threads on that already. I’ll just say what should be obvious but for some reason still has to be said. Personal loot shouldn’t be in D2R because there’s no personal loot in the original D2. It isn’t PoE, or D3, or Grimdawn or whatever.

hey im just gonna go back here to shove something for those 4 people saying they would never change anything dramatic like skills etc.

they just stated about their alpha plans, and the possibilities about balancing etc in the future.

so, anything more to add? please dont cry when they release a better d2

Some people want to change A, B, C or X, AB, or KVX…. Nobody would agree on what the same specific thing to change. The largest common denominator is to keep core mechanics unchanged.

There are so many problems in d2 that it would be an endless list of things to change. Things intricate in each other and impact other layers of the game. These issues have been discussed for years.

With changes, there would be no reason to be called diabloII in the end. This is why diablo II must remain Diablo II

Legacy D2 is staying D2. Blizzard already announced that. D2R will not be D2 as it has been announced to get multiple changes in addition to the graphics update. Moreover, the lead D2R producer stated that additional changes such as balance updates are possible in response to feedback of the modern community.

Vicarious Visions Said they should be very careful about changing things in D2: R. but we’ll see, maybe they’ll be too eager to make Diablo 2 more like Diablo 3. If they do, I’ll refund the game asap.

I think you’ll be refunding the game then.

It makes no sense not to offer some of the Qol’s being suggested in these forums

I highly think you will be refunding the game too. This game is planning on two major things; controller support and cross progression. D2 was never designed with a controller in mind. That is a major change in how the original played. On the thought process of console players on controller and how current D2 works with loot (Now, I’ll admit, I don’t play other multiplayer arpgs, so might be shooting from the hip), I think console players (especially those that have played D3 on a controller, and like that, so they figured they would give this one a whirl) are going to take one run through the game and be like “Man, wft that loot system!”

Point being, I believe that the loot drops will have to be designed for controller players. Sometimes, you have to change things to get them to work. With cross progression, wouldn’t make much sense for PC to have one loot system, then benefit by cross progressing to another on console.

Well if they add instanced loot then yeah, keep the drop rates the same but I doubt they’re going to do that… I mean maybe… depending on how many D3 fans transfer over.

If they don’t, then the rarer stuff needs better drop rates. I mean it’s ridiculous to get high level runes in this game, like I’m talking winning the lottery luck is involved with it.

I think currently the drop rate for a zod is like 1.93% which seems high but it isn’t… a 3 or 4% drop rate would be more closer to the mark if they keep it ffa loot.

The only way I’ll refund the game is if they make some kind of ridiculous drastic change that halts all QoL functions because of hard core DII players…

I want QoL improvements and rebalanced gameplay… the game is too sided in favor of certain classes / builds and we need more diversity again like in patch 1.08 and 1.09… those were the best versions DII… Every class could solo Hell mode with above average gear and a dedicated build, which meant more build diversity.

After 1.09 that all changed and it was the Hammerdin game. A Hammerdin can pretty much beat Normal mode naked and can finish Hell with above average budget gear… every other class doesn’t even come close.

Necros, Sorcs and Amazons all have specific builds in need of god tier items to solo Hell and a merc equipped with ridiculous rune words like Infinity just to have Conviction active to lower resistances of enemies. Which again is an aura hard coded in to the Paladins skill set… :confused: Talk about broken garbage.

The rest of the classes are laughable, like Barb, Druid and Assassin… they’re niche and can farm NM easily but on Hell it’s painful without very crazy gear setups.