A quick PTR / 2.5 Update

Nope

They have spend a big 2 days making terror zone out of the 6months they had so they don’t have anymore time to do other stuff for 2.5

This is the quick bandaid fix no doubt. They should go back to not having any immunes and removing level reqs on unique items while they are at it.

1 Like

Don’t nerf the Hammerdin, it’s a OP build but some people will go nuts if you take away the build they use back to back every season and complain about the the game being too easy. They fixed the bug of concentration working on blessed hammer way way back and player went crazy so they put the bug back.

But Terror Zone are easy, I don’t like the Hammerdin so I played with Paladin FoH (98), Javazon (95) & Wind Druid (85-86) on the PTR and it was easy. I know we have top tier gear on the PTR close the BiS but at that point, it’s normal to have top tier gear.

1 Like

I would also like it on non-ladder. Can we at least get an answer her if it is planned for ladder only or including non-ladder?

Quick question: Does the Blizzard team have the ability to eliminate the option of TZs (versus ‘Opting Out’) should TZs end up being garbage?

The characters provided to test Terror Zones are wearing anywhere between 12-23 HRs on avg—I don’t see how any variety range of accurate feedback we can give since this is the case.

The decision making, direction, and how things are developed is actually embarrassing for the size of blizzard entertainment - if we knew how many people were working on these “seaonal projects” we would all most likely be shocked.

QA is always outsourced now days so all those fixes are just QA outsourced providing accurate details on the bugs/functions( A List collected by blizzard for them to test ) not working to Their bosses ( QA Never works or rarely speaks to actual devs )

Expect Season 2 by end of this month or early october, with the way things seem to be moving there, it seems more likely.

Some feedback from community > QA > Internal Testing > Passing along information > Devs Receive it > Attempt to apply fixes > have a meeting > rinse/repeat until a majority is satisfied > Have new Meeting > Set release day > Inform PR/IT > we get release date and time from PR/community managers

Executive producer > producer > lead designer > other designers > internal QA > community and somewhere between there is director of support → VP of Operations

-general Run down of how game dev. works

What’s going on with you guys?
Why do you hate and bash on non-ladder player?

Why don’t we get the deserved love too?!

Why don’t you stop this unnecessary exclusive stuff for ladder?

1 Like

I just love how they woke up 3 weeks ago and were like:
Pez: “Sup guys, I’m back from the gym. Ready to discuss when we launch the new season.”
Main Dev: “Damn, you’re right, it’s almost been 4 months. I was playing some Diablo Immortal and looking at how much money Blizzard is making out of it. I totally spaced out on D2R.”
Pez: “Do we have anything new to put it as we said we would do?”
Main Dev: “No… Any idea what we can do quickly?”
Intern: “Why y’all looking at me?”
Pez: “We’ve been talking about TZ in the past, can you do it?”
Intern: “Yes, but it will take more than 1-2 week. What about the launch of S2?”
Pez: “We’ll just delay it and apologize. We gud, don’t worry. Just focus on TZs”
Main Dev: “What about me? Keep playing Diablo Immortal and code review the intern’s work.”
Pez: “Good meeting y’all, productive one. I’ll go back to D3 now.”

PS: I still love you Pez. I’m just sad as I was really looking forward to Season 2 early September and had plan work and contracts accordingly to free up some time for the early grind.

4 Likes

PTR ends in about 3 weeks with a little delay will we end up on October 14th? then the patch must be played for about 3 weeks to be fixed before the ladder is released? then we land around 4 November right for Ladder 2 ?

You’d expect fixes for the biggest problems of the game such as huge storage shortage, stackable gems and runes, too few character slots, but no, let’s nerf paladins xD
I was hoping for qol changes not gutting classess instead of buffing others to be viable…
If the change goes live, can I have ability to play the game prepatch experience as it should be? I don’t want anyone to change my experience of D2 of so many years, because they feel they have the right to ruin it. Stop taking fun out of the game. Maybe try and be more creative to add more fun ways to play for other classess? But what would I know…

1 Like

i m going to play a barb next ladder. having more hp and the extra loot will put this class above sorc as a starter in hc

I only want to play a few chars but want to make them really nice… and I’ve gotten them to 97 and stopped. Did the math to 99 and it would take me around 174 hours of doing the same thing over and over again (nihl baal top2). I like this game I don’t 174 hours for one level like this game…

Making them ladder only not only throws my 97 in the dumpster but ensures you have to finish 99 in one ladder season. If you don’t hit 99 in the season you are DOA because 98-99 in the current format is only for paid groups/streamers and the cycle begins anew. The demographic of this game isn’t kids playing 24/7, its for 30+ and would be nice if you didn’t force me to finish 99 in a single season to achieve it.

3 Likes

No. More. Balance.
Please stop making disaster.

3 Likes

Please don’t breaking your promises.
Where is

“Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

huh?

4 Likes

Two things I really don’t understand. Why they wouldn’t at least end season 1 so we could transfer items and have stuff to do while waiting for this perpetual PTR to end. And also, why they feel the need to treat us like children and speak almost exclusively in vagueness without giving even a semblance of a timeline. Are we supposed to thank you for finally giving us an update two days before something was supposed to change just to tell us we have to wait longer, but can’t tell us how long? REAL communication on the other hand would be greatly appreciated

thats not their fault. this is the formal forum, so they did as designed. maybe you should check it more…

1 Like

Sounds like you should go play Diablo 3.

Not putting it i to non-ladder makes them sound incredibly lazy. What a croc. Seriously could this update be any less worthwhile or unwanted. Maybe they should use company time to do something useful for once. But i wont hold my breath.

2 Likes

Agree. I trully want to believe they will release the patch FOR ALL MODES (non-ladder / ladder). I can’t even imagine how out of touch they could be if this is not implemented that way.

Sorry for the bad English

Just an update on PTR status. We are expecting a new PTR build next week for the community so expect notes and news about that sometime next week.

We are still on track with our internal schedules for 2.5 and will also have a Season 2 start date in the PTR notes that are posted so people can properly plan out their time well in advance of the Season 2 start.

Looking forward to the feedback on the new PTR changes.

37 Likes