A quick PTR / 2.5 Update

thanks for the info <3

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Pez!!!

TY for the update :+1:

What if the only characters in the PTR are Hammerdins and every mob in the game is modded to be completely immune to magic?

2 Likes

Cheers Pez, thanks for the info!

Idk why people are thanking this guy for the update. It literally sounds like he’s trolling just to piss everybody off. I am 100% convinced at this point they will be destroying D2R purposefully so we are forced to play Diablo 4.
I wanted ladder to end as well so I can transfer all the new runewords I made to play on my main in non-ladder. Who is level 96. Who will never achieve level 99 because terror zones are ladder only. THEY TROLLING!
This is me trolling ONE DAY before this announcement:

And this is they trolling:

I thought I sounded SO absurd saying we only have 5 seconds, and was in total disbelief that the dev topped it. So now I have 0 seconds to play on my favorite character with new runewords because i’ll be playing a new homeless character in ladder. You’re right they should’ve ended ladder already but it wouldn’t follow the task of making this game unbearable as possible.

3 Likes

Translation: Mid October earliest.
1-2 additional weeks of PTR, 1 week between PTR, 2 weeks live until ladder starts. That’s the minimum.

1 Like

Hopefully there are some good changes. The first PTR was underwhelming.

Thanks for the update Pez! Any plans for terror zones to be added to Non Ladder? Or exclusively Ladder only? As a NL player it would be very sad to see the NL player base diminish if terror zones aren’t included.

If this update isn’t until next week, what does the update that happened today for me do?

Didn’t see anyone answer this for you but, from the notes and from playing the PTR, there is a box to select TZs when you create a game. I assume you’ll be able to filter by them as well.

@PezRadar

I do love that you actively inform all of us. Is there anyway we could just get an acknowledgement on QoL items discussed here by a gaggle of us old heads? Even if it’s to tell us to go pound sand.

Anything, “a it’s being considered”, “it’s not feasible”, “it’s in the works for an undetermined update”. Really any of that I think would make us know where we stand.

If it’s seen as opinions that are less popular than we ourselves believe then put a survey out there and post the results.

We all just want to help make a game we all have loved for 2 decades better and better. Hopefully even as a way to help you proof of concept things for D4.

1 Like

Please make season 2 Early October atleast , also give us 14 - 20 days warning before the actual Season 2 start date

i hope we get some info regarding TZ coming or not coming to non ladder. If you absolutely cant or dont want to release TZ to non ladder along with the 2.5 patch which will probably come like a week before ladder starts because you dont want high level characters immediately jumping into terror zones before ladder players i think it would be acceptable to give TZ to non ladder after 3 or 4 weeks after ladder begins instead of 6 months when ladder ends.

By that time most ladder players will already be 90+ farming hell and terror zone feature will be tested enough and fixed if needed to avoid any unpredictable exploits that could occur if you release TZ to high lvl NL chars before ladder. I see no reason to hold back TZ to so many non ladder players like me longer than 3,4 weeks

I think BF build is one of those builds that have the potential to be an efficient clearing build but just couldn’t make the cut because of reasons unknown.

1. I don’t understand why there should be a wind-up delay in the first place. It just makes the skill VERY clunky. Also, the fact that if the mob that you’re targeting dies, you stop casting. This just adds to the annoyance and clunkiness.
  2. The skill is a range-type that scales with dex so it should benefit from piercing because of one reason: they’re shurikens. Ok, well make them ricochet then. Even a damage penalty per bounce would suffice for clear speed. This way, we don’t have to rely on death sentry because we technically would be using phoenix which spends corpses and defeat the purpose of both skill and weapon. In the end, this frees up skill points we can invest in claw mastery and venom and even max out fade.
  3. Blade sentinel projectile speed is just so unreliable in open combat situations. Another thing that makes this skill bad is that it uses trap count which is annoying because we still rely on death sentry. Why not make the skill stay at one spot but make the shuriken bigger so it actually serves as a defensive mechanism and additional damage?
  4. Blade shield uses weapon durability, it procs very slow, and defeats the purpose of being a ranged character in the first place. Why would you wanna get close to mobs when the skill doesn’t even deal that much damage and if you have a GG ethereal plague claw, you would just be making a big mistake? Why not make the skill just increase character defense since it’s a “shield” skill and make it spew shuriken when the character gets hit? For me, it just makes sense for the skill to be this way and if you’re thinking that adding this would just add more damage and potentially make the build too op, just remember what a Javazon is. If not just take the skill off. It’s useless anyways.

we need metal grid Iron Golems to be usable!!! Too weak at the moment!/ Give it a summon resist or something!!!

2 Likes

people are thanking him for this? i don’t understand.

Thank YOU ALOT!!! =)

Please add bosses to the terror zones. I’ve seen this feedback repeatedly but you ignored it in your address. This shows that the team at Blizzard focused on D2R either doesn’t care about adding good content, or your team is so small and under-funded that you can’t afford 1 additional hire to code this stuff in.

I’m absolutely baffled at how small the changes you guys are making are. This is a good change in the right direction…but it’s not going to increase player engagement moreso than is currently there. This is good for the top 5% of the playerbase who actually want to grind past 90. Let’s add some content that naturally makes players enjoy playing the game enough that they actually SPEND the time playing the game to hit 99, rather than making it a chore to hit and then making alternate “chore” systems. Add additional end-game systems, loot, runewords that enable new builds, wider skill trees, jesus, it’s simple.

The fact that you all have confirmed no plans for an expansion tells me that there is absolutely no money being put into the game. Even a DLC would pay for the development of the systems that this game needs right now. Go to your boss’s boss and fight like hell to get the funding and representation within the company. The changes to the game since D2R came out have been so lackluster and non-impactful, people want to re-experience the game in modern times with something exciting and new to enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks you very mutch