Please just reset the ladder

I get it Blizzard. You have not received the desired feedback from the unveiling of Terror Zones. That is also not our fault or our problem.

Getting Terror Zones to a place where they’re well-received by the majority is going to take months rather than weeks. There are millions of players (myself included), who would be very happy with a simple ladder reset. By all means keep the PTR going and release Terror Zones to both Ladder and NL when season 3 comes around.

At this point though, I recommend avoiding the further alienation of your core player base and simply following the community’s clear wishes. Your PR releases on this subject have been completely lacking in both vision, conviction and direction. Please stop the bleeding and LISTEN rather than trying to re-invent the wheel.

21 Likes

Yes it’s more that two weeks already!!! And they wanna do another ptr!!! What a mess

We should be getting some news sometime this week according to PezRadar:

2 Likes

Reset the ladder and do what?

They haven’t even added new endgame activities with new leaderboards

It’s the same old endgame

1 Like

Nay to reset, they don’t have a level 99 yet! This should be a metric to determine who may participate! They just want a clean Ladder so their day 1 self found Shako will be worth a Jah. Or 1200 fg.

I’ve pretty much taken a break from the forums until this news finally breaks. It was actually really nice to get a breath of fresh air away from here and dive into repeat binging of Cobra Kai over the weekend.

Too much of the same spam and repeat wishlists, which at this point, is pretty darned pointless. 2.5 is written, it’s a done deal. The only major feedback to give was on the Terror Zones. Once this next PTR hits, that is STILL going to be the only major feedback. Watch, most of the second PTR feedback will still be the same re post lists. Save that stuff for 2.6, and remember the scope of 2.4/2.5 and hopefully conversations will be more realistic.

However, I do wish in the future they’d simply end the ladder sooner than trying to reset and start next season all in one go. Maybe tomorrow we’ll get lucky and they drop the next ptr, though I have a feeling it’ll be Thursday or Friday, with 2.5 official dropping a week later, then reset 1-2 weeks after that.

1 Like

I still blame Nevalistis for me becoming a forumite… When she said back in early 2019 that a “platform update” was coming to Diablo 2 back on the old :+1:/:-1: forums. I knew then something big was coming… :stuck_out_tongue:

Once things quiet down, I’ll probably fade away, probably making a few others glad. :wink:

I remember seeing the rumor articles in 2020. I’ve paid more attention here for the last year and a half than my own social media, which I barely use anymore. Still was nice to get away. Maybe if the Microsoft deal goes through next year, the CM involvement with D4 will be more fruitful, if D4 even gets an official forum.

I remember the leaks as well, I was highly skeptical of them at the time but when D2R was announced at Blizzcon 21, man the hype was real. I remember the Twitch chat was flying by so fast, lot of excitement and lots of doubters (D2 Reforged :laughing:).

Here’s a step back in time of an old March 2017 interview with David Brevik by Rhykker:

Brevik said it’d be a monumental task to remaster Diablo 2, and I believed him, I’m sure a lot of us believed him… Blizzard evidently said “challenge accepted”, and although the road hasn’t been perfectly smooth, I think they have done a great job making the game PLAY and FEEL like the original game.

2 Likes

I feel opposite of you. What’s even the point of season 2 if absolutely nothing changes? Do you already have a 99 and your race is done?

I agree they’ve fumbled the patch and PTR timing and they’ve admitted as much. But they gotta change up something here. More character slots, more QoL like ilvl or Cain movement, announce 5 new runewords, etc.

Don’t worry though, you’ll be bored again after week 2 when you have your 3rd Blizz sorc maxed out and at level 91.

I can’t understand why people want to reset their progress to start a ladder. It’s completely mental and I hope blizzard comes to their senses and stops designing with it in mind.

2 Likes

I like ladders because they offer a synchronized fresh start along with a fresh economy for everyone participating… It’s like starting the whole game fresh all over again, to once again take on the challenge of going from zero to hero. You get better each time as far as becoming more of an efficient player with the time you have available to play. I don’t care about reaching 99 first, or at all honestly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We want ladder reset because this ladder was screwed in the first place. Remember how a month in and 100,000 players got banned and trashed the economy? The game was in a weird state ever since that happened. We need a fresh ladder with no crazy bombs and a stable economy/player-base.

Those players made the choice, they took the risk and they paid the price.

The economy will of course take a hit when something like that happens.

I agree they should just reset the ladder.

they said they would set a date for reset this week.

i bet it’ll be the 30th

Yeah, I am not defending them. Friends of mine wanted me to use maphack as well and i turned them down cause I did not want to risk ban…and they all got banned that very night, lol.

I am just saying it was a rift in the ladder that never recovered. Time for a new one.

1 Like

The best purpose those who got banned have now is to serve as an example: Blizzard is watching… :smiling_imp:

Imagine how different the game would really be if blizzard could do something about the real problem: bots. If only those could be removed it would be interesting to see how the game would change.

1 Like