4 and a half months later, still no ladder

march soon man… i feel ya

It’s beginning to get really irritating. We’ll be lucky to see ladder release by the end of March at this snail’s pace.

2 Likes

I want ladder as much as any but they just havnt focused on the real problems yet and having a broken game with ladder just wont be worth it.

LOL when ladder starts and is still as barren as it is now, you’ll see.

While blizz for sure needs improved communication I don’t care how long it takes, as long as when it does launch, both lobby and server work, otherwise just another hiccup for people to get annoyed about.

So I guess you have not read any of their posts, reason they didn’t launch ladder is because of the server database crashes issue, and in phase 1 of 2.4 PTR it was to test the stability of the new code they wrote to tackle this exact issue

Would you rather have them launch the ladder with tons of crushes issue or you want to make sure everything is stable and go with the fun experience?

1 Like

I’d rather they deliver what they promised. The reason they had to push it out the game as basically a beta was because the pre sale promised a final game by that date. Ladder was originally part of the selling points THEY made in presale. I don’t care if there are sever issues. That should have been tested. I understand unforeseen errors happen but they shouldn’t take 5 months. That is nothing but disrespect and as I’ve said before. Theft.

2 Likes

Ladder is pointless

Nobody cares about the race to 99

We need stuff to do

2 Likes

Except your request is simply unrealistic at this stage because you can’t go back in time, and it has no way of helping current situation.

The fact that they’re even having a “Ladder PTR” next week tells me they didn’t even have the capability to have ladder play at launch.

Ladder was supposed to be “soon” after D2R launch.

Now Ladder is supposed to be “soon” after 2.4 launch.

If they’re still going on their promise of Ladder being in Q1 of 2022, I expect them to deliver it on the very last day: March 31st

2 Likes

It does when the forum is full of people justifying the pathetic roll out of ladder or ladder isn’t important or no one wants ladder. Tons of people want ladder. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean the majority doesn’t. The reason they got away with this theft is attitudes like yours. They lied to all of our faces and half this forum still believe they are doing their “best”. I call bs. They have our money so what’s the rush on their part and they’ve made it very clear there is none. There is no error that should have prevented ladder delay more than a month IF it was a priority and if the release wasn’t just a beta verison

1 Like

Maybe not the race but the fresh economy is fun for me and MANY others. Your viewpoint isn’t the only one. A lot of people got this game because of ladder and nothing less and nothing more

The more important question right now is “how to fix this”, not “why didn’t they do it right at the beginning?”

No one is giving them a pass for messing up, but bashing them for that mistake does not change anything, as I said, no one can go back in time to “prefix” everything in the past, so it is no pointing bragging on that at this stage.

You don’t get it. People are giving them a pass. They have everyone’s money without any loss or accountability. That’s the pass. I don’t work for them. It isn’t my job to be gracious and be like “ok you lied to me and have done a terrible job, but what can we do to make this a happy game now?”

This is either the most incompetent company or intentional malice and I’m leaning towards the latter. If they still don’t have the ability to click a button now to turn on the ladder (which I realize they need time to announce, I just mean the ability to) then this hasn’t been even close to a priority. This is a 20 year old game. The ladder system was already there for them.

something complete? i havent touched this game in a month and a half. go ahead. take your time. complete it.

not really many people called this when they said they were going to use the old server code on the new servers but it brought in a bunch of purists to pay for the game.

that said it’s not that bad seeing as launch was a fresh start the first ladder just has to show up before march 17th it will be the shortest time between a reset in the history of diablo 2 as far as i know.

1 Like

there really is no race.
Bots will win

obviously but who’s bot is the real question duh.

4 and a half months later, 95% of the player base dropped off and found something better to do with their lives… like not waste it trying to win at a slot machine that never pays out.

Ladder is gonna be a failure any way so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for it… same 2000 people playing it now gonna be on there all buying gear with horded FG.

but cannot see who’s bot wins because if they would make it public they could get banned (could, probably not would)