L adder reset is cute and all with its Lvl99race, fresh economy & some new runewords but More ladder challenge activities would be awesome to kill the staleness!

Important to mention beforehand, people that enjoy the race have all the rights to do!

But I feel a lot of people would welcome more stuff to do, new tools(rw&builds) is fun but it would be great to have stuff to do with them. It’s like getting a 10000$ gaming computer but only have Tetris to play

they should really add new ladder contents, but most important aspect is to give something to do for as many people as possible, competition is secondary. Activity first, competition second

stuff like:

• Holy grail Ladder :trophy::

race to the first with all items. To ensure the validity of the entries, it only accounts items that were first picked up by you.

So no selling of unid items to trick the holy grail.

Comes with the introduction of the Holy grail tab

• The 9 circles of hell Ladder :biohazard::

where hell becomes harder each time you complete it.

On the last Hell act bosses are harder than regular ubers

• PVP ladder :men_wrestling::

every account starts with 100pts, each time you kill somebody you gain 10% of his points if hostility is mutual and 1% if not

• Bounty Hunter Ladder :moneybag:: each hour the game asks players on the server to kill X type of monster, they are then considered p10&mlvl85( placeholder values), giving more Xp and more items and also giving Points toward the bounty leaderboard

Ie: Go to Natalya and she say “I got report from the order that there is an insurgeance of Urdar, go kill them and they’ll reward you”

Got any other ideas of additional ladder types, share it

Note: to clarify, those are all running together on the same Ladder season, they aren’t ladder choices you make when you create your character, your ladder character can engage in all of those at once

important: don’t forget to reply to posts you like or are interested in the discussion, it’s a welcome behaviour considering the lack of bumping feature on this crappy forum system

1 Like

Not sure how this will prevent players from cheating. If I find an item that is super rare on the floor, I can invite you to my game and have you pick it up to complete your holy grail.

I love the idea of an account wide holy grail. I would also like to see a bounty system that rewards the player with random items, materials, and a rune or two depending on the difficulty.

It’s just establishing easy and basic systems to prevent cheating as much as possible… the situation you describe would be so rare and clunky, no point wasting time on prevent it

Afterall, there’s nothing to win, they only would cheat themselves

Try it on hardcore.
Not very stale when everything is on the line.

Very stale when it’s the same old zero consequence grind

4 Likes

Sorry not interested in your religion

I don’t want to put my effort in the hands of internet connection, badly coded game and other random outside forces

It also doesn’t give more stuff to do, just the same but slower and more boringly

Before you auto-judge, read:

Add a paragon level.

BUT <------ It doesn’t add any form of power. It will part of a new competitive “Item Hunt” throughout the ladder.

Every item in the game will have a value associated with it. Literally every item. And we will have an experience bar. For every item we find, we gain XP based on that value. Obviously, the higher the rarity, the more XP, by a lot.

At the end of each ladder season, we will have “Paragon Levels” based on our item hunt. And yes, like I said, it doesn’t add any form of power, it’s purely for the “Item Hunt”.

It’s a unique idea and hasn’t been tested in any ARPG. Think of it as a high score leaderboard based around literally finding items.

Yep, that was my solution as well

There’s ways around most of that tbh. Also with shared stash and muling if you plan ahead a decent bit a hiccup isn’t a full reset. Makes finding duplicate items or otherwise mundane one that you would normally Charsi actually fun to find.

I find HC gameplay and buildcrafting a lot more involved and exciting than zooming around with a max fcr/max damage build blindly.

Shouldn’t knock it until you at least try it if you’re really that bored of the base game.

At least its something that already exist in the game, most of your proposed idea sound unlikely. I honestly don’t think we’ll see new full blown systems. Only i could imagine is a map/rift system as its actually a huge gameplay feature for not a ton of investment on Blizzard’s part.

I think that word has been permanently ruined by D3 sadly.

Honestly just a sticker a bit like the Gladiator crowns in WoW back in the day attached to your profile showing the rank you achieved every season could be neat. Otherwise i really don’t think anything should transfer betweem each of them.

Time-Lock Ladder
This would be the Ladder that allows only a certain amount of play time per character per day(Example: each character can only play 4 hours per 24 hour day). This Ladder would be played by people who can only play a little amount of time per day. They wouldn’t have to worry about the Regular Ladder where some people can play 8+hours per day to grind levels, and gear and be way ahead of everyone else.

that is fine, but would only make it a single player ladder. no trading, no p8

don’t need to be a ladder, just could be added.

other than that, you cannot add to many ladders as it would split the player base too much and you have no players anywhere (kinda irrelevant on holy grail but nobody to compete against makes a ladder kinda obsolete)

4 hours a day? Is that for those in their 20s with only a full time job and no other responsibilities?

1 Like

God people can’t read even if their life depended on it lol

Dude… I have specifically mentionned that they aren’t ladder realms… they are ladder activities, your ladder character has access to all of those things

It’s just content

But it happens to have a tracking mechanism that allows you to compare your progress with others

Do you sleep 12hours?

I work 50hr/w, renovate my house 5h/day, have a kid and still manage to free 2-3 hours a day for D2

Make all Ladders hardcore and the top player on each ladder is constantly tracked…

Religion?
What are you on about.

Anyways if you can’t play HC that’s fine I was just giving you an option.

I swear some people just want to argue for fun.

Thanks for proving my point :rofl:

168 hours in a week - 50 hours of work - 35 hours of reno - 21 hours of gaming = 52 hours left

That average to 7 hours and 25 minutes a day remaining for sleep and family.

Even on a daily basis, 24 - 10(work) - 5(reno) - 2 or 3 (d2r) = 6-7 hours for sleep and family.

Finally some interesting ideas of changes that don’t involve increasing drops and adding player 8 to Battlenet.

Would really like holy grail ladder, sounds fun if something like that would be implemented account wide so i could progress with different chars and dont need to play a single char all the time.

I guess preventing progress from trading would be easy, just give each item a flag once its dropped from a monster and remove flag as soon as the items get picked up and add it to the progress from the players account. Only flagged items would be recognized in the grail.

On a seriously note, what development team is going to bother coding for the Holy Grail so 1 person on each ladder gets rewarded. That is a lot of work for a very small subset of the population.

9 circles of hell is basically Greater Rifts 2.0

PVP ladder and Bounty hunter is a rehash of Wow mechanics with bounty hunter being a retake on daily quests grinding

Which is plenty of sleep for working people

Nobody gets rewarded for winning a ladder lol, nobody ever won anything afaik. It’s a personal challenge

Holy grail is not mainstream basically because it’s not supported officially, make it so and crapload of people will participate

Lol typical “this looks like something in another game therefor it’s crap” it’s 2022 mate, everything is reminiscent of something else

It’s funny how you correlated eight do you games I have never* played

The focal point shouldn’t be “is it like something else” it should be “would it had stuff to do and be fun for the players”

To each their own. I can’t do 4 to 6 hours of sleep anymore to be functional. 7 to 9 hours is the ideal period now. Besides, that schedule doesn’t leave much time for family either :rofl:

A weekly or monthly timer would be a better solution. 15 to 20 hours per week maybe?

Ladder brings a lot more than just a simple push to 99.

As to correlation to games you have never played, doesn’t take away from the fact that those Blizzard titles actually include variations of what you are suggesting.

If I wanted Greater Rifts, I would have stayed in D3 for more than a couple of months. Ubers and RNG Diablo is bad enough, there doesn’t need to be any more niche zones/bosses inaccessible to a majority of people in any given ladder.

people dont like to read a full wall of garbage.

make a tl dr if you care that people skip your important points which are not highlighted.

also no matter if you implement 20 ladders on the same realm or not, it splits the community by activities.

a holy grail ladder can also not mixed together with other ladders that allow party play and drop sharing. holy grail must be fixed on p1 setting