[2.4 Patch] Pvp is compromised - Fast Hit Recovery / Stun Issue

still no response… sigh

1 Like

Yeah, losing words. :man_shrugging:

It depend on the match ups, assassins were really good vs sorcs and druids. 50/50 vs zons, bowazons are easy but hybrid/Java zons are challenging. But have a pretty difficult time vs paladins, barbs and Necros. You needed the stunlock to compete evenly with them. Not counting wsg, Paladins can easily charge out and barbs can ww out of it since these skills are uninterruptible. Necros are just op with their range and magic damage, they deserve to get stunlocked indefinitely.

If you know how to duel stunlock is completely manageable on most classes, it just preys on noobs that don’t know the fhr breakpoints.

1 Like

Yes necro is OP now.
You cant stun them with attacks.

Stun lock was just a tool, people could get out of it. Ofc if u try to only tele out that did not always work, but if u used wsg u always got out unless u got killed before or got stuck on a obstacle. Only need a few wepon swaps and you could attempt a tele, which in most cased worked fine, sometimes u had to repeat that and hope for better timing. Not all timing is in ur hands though due to server latency etc… There was also the fun factor of trying to force enemies player to stuck by tele right in front of them, but this required timing on server updates and desync. So many tactics who could be used on both sides all the time, fast paced instead of drag out duels etc… Dont take me wrong, duels could be long, but at least one had the tool’s to actually deal with defwh*res, and one had the tool’s to be offensive.

4 Likes

Hey Blizz, there’s been about 9 months of feedback since the 2.4 PTR in January regarding the PvP FHR changes.

While it was a well intentioned attempt to fix the stunlock issues caused by the “fixing” of weapon switch “glitch” (WSG), it was poorly executed and swung it too far in the opposite direction where stun has basically become a non-factor in PvP.

As explained by DHA and many other knowledgeable PvPers in this thread and many other threads this is a big issue and thus the FHR and block animation changes should be reverted to how they were in 2.3 until a better system can be implemented.

3 Likes

This is the only solution that will make everyone happy, and that we should push:

Thanks for support.
Up.

na, in lod assassin use to have advantage against barb, pala, dudu and sorc. With good players on both trap and bowa, it was 50/50, but with low lvl of skill assa was also rollfacing bowa.

Nec were indeed favored vs them but overall assassin have always been a s tier class.

Its still fairly strong now, but the gameplay is a bit lame. Instead of being the aggressive character it was, assassin is now a lot about teleporting defensively around trap, faking aggression to bait the enemy, some very very quick trade… if it isnt about hybsin with 300k fgs gear who can destroy casters ofc

Agreed with sorc and bowa. With barb and pala, I could ruin a trapper’s day with tgods. For wwsin/ghost it shouldn’t beat any half decent wwbarb that’s knows what they’re doing, 50/50 vs pallys if you know what you’re doing.

na really, i was assa main in lod at a fairly high lvl. Pure trap (and it was the best assa build in lod) >> both barb and pala. For barb its even more brutal if the assa use maxblock setup (which assa wouldnt use in general because it made the mu unfair and not fun)

Honestly I played barb, pally and assassin in duels. I found pure trappers quite easy with just 1 piece of sorb, maybe I didn’t face true GG trappers. Hybrids are tougher though. I played pub duels a lot, I don’t usually use pure trapper cause full sorb is quite common, hybrids are my fav for assassins but are harder to play.

thats kinda weird to me because the whirl aspect of hyb doesnt rly help vs pala or barb, except maybe if you play smite and they whirl your charge at some point…

But yeah you can definitively beat pub trappers with both. Just as a decent assassin would win 99% vs pub bowa with out using maxblock setup on lod. When you play against very good players sometime the dynamic of a match up just change because they are able to exploit mechanic that most random in pub wouldnt

WW definitely helps vs paladins, they will try to absorb you but they can’t absorb WW. VS smiters you just WW away from them and you should hit before they do. If they shift smite you, keep on harassing them with mindblast and blade fury, but they do hit way harder so if you get sloppy you’ll die in a few hits. VS wwbarbs if they are decent they should win most of the time, they just have more damage and HP than you. When they start sorbing you then it’s just ww vs ww and you will lose.

Bowazons are pretty easy, they usually have low hp and resists and it’s easy to chop them down once you close the distance, but what’s hard is hybrid bow/poison zons, they are quite tanky with decent hp, good resists compared to pure bowas with max block, dodge and frw to boot. They don’t do explosive dmg but it’s easy for them to catch you and wither you down with poison then catch you with a few arrows or lightning fury to finish you. They force you to be offensive with their GAs, when you close they will poison you and proceed to play a very defensive game.

Bump for the important thing in this game…

1 Like

PvP balance is now trash, need 10 seconds cooldown per teleport and 100 mana cost!!

Stop the automatic hunting bots!!

Because PVP Balance broken about garbage planning, please stop automatic hunting.

Need more block wave!!
Also Multi loader, Map hack too.

Rumor has it that there is a Chinese workshop that earned more than 1 million dollars through automatic hunting during the ladder season 1 period. They’re making so much money with the computers and graphics cards they’ve been mining bitcoin for. It is clear that the Blizzard developers are responsible for aiding. Imaging macro system, multi-loader (multi-access program), illegal sale, sharing, hacking of accounts, etc. Blizzard seems like a potential criminal.

A company that does not prevent various cyber crimes related to D2R, that is also a crime.

Sales revenue from your battle net account is not everything. A fair game environment and pvp balance are necessary.

Hilarious how Blizzard killed their own game.

Up.

2 Likes

RIP pvp

No reason to ever touch core mechanics of this successful game. Very disappointed in blizzard. Literally all you had to do was… do nothing, and somehow you failed us.

3 Likes

Stunlock good, blizzard bad, pvp dead. Kekw

2 Likes

pvp is fine, just bad players :sweat_smile:

*pvp is fine for bad players.

I correct you.

4 Likes