[2.4 Patch] Pvp is compromised - Fast Hit Recovery / Stun Issue

I also know that druids in wolf or bear block with shields very well now regardless what you said , actually im not sure what you said lol , block animation, post cast animations w/e , sounds good but not true.

2.5 Patch Note Live in English.

Nothing about PvP, nothing about Fhr/stun problem. Itā€™s frustrating.

Game is not playable for people that play PvP, yet nobody cares. I donā€™t get it.

its in 2.4 patch, just read it

" * Blocking will no longer interrupt a player while performing a skill or attack. If a player character triggers a block during this time, the damage will still be negated, but the animation will not play".

Basically when you cast a spell / attack, you have 3 part : pre cast animation (= animation before the skill). Actual cast of the skill. Post cast animation (= the animation have to complete even after the skill is cast before you can cast something else)

Keep it up my guys !

2 Likes

keeping it up my guys

2 Likes

Separate FHR that apply to players and monster, as in 2.5 patches of unique charm planning. Pvp still needs FHR

I know you mean well with this comment but itā€™s wild how many people didnt read the patch notes and dont realize thatā€™s exactly what they did. They separated fhr for pvp and pvm and gave it ā€œdiminishing returnsā€ for pvp only, and in practice its terrible and we hate it and it ruined pvp. Pvm remains unaffected.

Literally all they had to do was leave fhr the way its been for 20 years, literally no work required. Instead they spent probably hundreds of man hours developing this new system thatā€™s complete trash that we all want reverted. We asked for wsg back and if we couldnt get that back, nothing would be much better than this. No one ever asked them to start messing with the underlying mechanices

3 Likes

He said it all.

Keep up !

where is my fhr at??

1 Like

i donā€™t know.

We need answers.

Seems the devs are busy ruining PvM with the sunder charms, rather than fixing the issues they introduced to PvP.

1 Like

We all know the answers. :wink:
Majority are loving it, both PvP and PvM.

1 Like

Itā€™s your own illusion. Many pvp users want balance between melee and caster. FHR is absolutely necessary.

1 Like

Itā€™s a troll.

Keep it up.

Really hope they fix this.
All form of active gameplay is kinda destroyed by this one change aloneā€¦
Wsg was not even a bug, it was a neccesary and deliberate action to reset any animation to avoid stuff like perma stun and to avoid people wepon swap for faster attackspeed etc.

Ur actually punnished for attacking people now. Only strengt vs strenght. Nothing else. No fast reaction to trigger stun first via even normal attacks, instead automatic out of jail freecards. Pvp is more unbalanced than ever. We can make internal rules to try and balance stuff like we always done, but we are not Gods. We canā€™t fix such inzane changes by any rules.

All attacks stuns if it meets the damage tresholds and rollā€™s successful stun based on those tresh-holds. Its a function to reward offence.

Knockback is no longer a usefull statā€¦ It also rewarded offensive and semi-offensive-avoiding, and actually staying close to ur opponoment to take use of that knockback once it trigger.

Shockwave is no longer for pvp.
Warcry is no longer for pvp.
Mindblast, well it helps since its a ranged spell involving lesser risk than close combat stun, still it cannot be used to outplay people anymore. Its only weak vs strong stats, or class advantage based.
Leap is just wierd in so many ways now. People dont spend skills here anymoreā€¦

I used to jump hammers with necro, just by timing, having 1 oak up and rely on my bonespear to stun. Ofc i had to tele out if hammer did not lett go of his hammercast button. Same could be done with most chars that dealth enought stun in any form.
But it required timing, reading of enemy and was very situationbased as this was most effective if they felt forced to try to flee instead of counteract. Counteracts was ofc to either charge south to break stun, smite back to stun nec etc. But now its just braindead power vs power. Everything is taken out of the hands of the dueler, and placed into the ingame stats and char advantages/dissadvantages.

Namelocks and reflecses is step 1 of learning diablo 2. Its well handeled day 1 or 2 of playing diablo.
Reading ur enemy, timing things, choosing the correct counter at the correct time, offence when its correct and draw back when its needed, pushing the enemies to do faults, outplaying them is what made the pvp good. Every1 can click their mouse on their screen.

Yet somehow the pvmā€™ers love this change. They also loved loosing wsg function somehow, so now when a monster or 2 or 10 trigger fhr/fbr they cannot wsg out. Yes monsters teoretical desync less now, but on my screen d2r is way more laggy so they desync way more than ever before, i just have no way of actually avoiding it now to reduce numbers of hits taken from monsters xD So basicly im getting hit repeatedly by monsters without an attack animation and not even close.

2 Likes

pvmers dont love this change. They arent even aware of it for the most part. They just see us talking about it and they mainly dont care, except for a minority of good guys who are actually sad for us, and a minority of toxic guys who are just happy to see us qqing, because 1) they tryed pvp, were bad and decided it was unskilled and boring rather than try to get better. 2) they got killed in HC by some random pkers because their brain take 10 secondes to notify the hostile sound alert and their fingers take 10 others seconds to do save and exit, and since they decided everything related to pvp is bad. 3) they are just salty people in general

3 Likes

Kinda harsh and subjective, but i can see it.

Im fairly new to pvp, i didnt understand the complete issue and i do now after getting my face beat in by casters on my barb .mainly necros , nomatter how hard i hit him it does nothing to interrupt the spam cast of bone spears to my face.

I do stand behind being happy that stunlock is gone. Being able to stunlock a player infinitely till dead its not a play of skill its a exploit of a broken mechanic. I know some of you say stack fhr to the breakpoint and you wont get stunlocked till death, simply not true i been there did that and have no ears to prove some skills didnt follow the fhr rules.

Again i was blind but now i see. This needs to be fixed

2 Likes

walking helped a lot against some form of stun lock (assassin in particular, but also druid if you reacted fast enough). Barb in general had a very ok time getting out of stunlock : good base fhr and also whirl just ignore stun. Same for pala with charge.

For barb vs nec, try to tele zerk the nec, its hard to do but incredibly effective. Unless he is using maxblock and then you cant really do anything he isnt a terrible player

1 Like

You get it all now. Good feed-back.

They broke everything in order to fix a ā€œlittleā€ issue with trapsin.

Pvp is frustrating.

1 Like