Warzone not opening

Uninstall the comodo antivirus and the game fastly open!

Antivirus doesnt notice any notifications or alarm, even that antivirus disabled by me manually two weeks!

1 Like

Me too, ı have the same problem. Still nothing

Edit: I uninstall Citrix and it works perfectly.
Thanks Bro

1 Like

Come on team. Ive reinstalled, deleted the files etc and nothing!! Anyone had much luck with the DNS change and if so how to do it?

1 Like

I have the same problem here. Updated everything you can think of, switched from different paths, reinstalled the game twice, did the scan and repair, tried different networks, deleted my AV and it still doesn’t work…

Edit: I found the solution. try this

For issues with antivirus software:

• If you are running an antivirus software, we recommend adding the entire Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game folder to your antivirus exception list.
    • For Comodo users: Select Settings → Advanced Protection → Miscellaneous → Detect Shell Code Injections [Exclusion] and add the entire Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game folder to the exclusion list.
    • For BullGuard users: Select Settings → Main and uncheck Self protection.
6 Likes

I’ve done all of the above too and tested without any antivirus and still nothing :frowning:

I’m still having this issue and have now tried everything I can physically think of and find. An overview of my experience;

1. Tried starting the game after the 13GB update yesterday morning, when I clicked ‘play’ it says ‘playing now’ for about 10 seconds then drops straight back to ‘play’. This repeats itself over and over.
  2. I tried ‘scan and repair’ to fix this, which ticks up to 100%, requests for my permission to let battle.net make changes and then get ‘whoops something went wrong’ with error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8.
  3. After various google adventures I found two battle.net forums with tips to fixing the issue; https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/2667 & https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7655 . I have tried all of the suggestions in both of these articles with no success.
  4. I found myself here on this thread trawling through a lot of people experiencing the same problem as me.
  5. I have taken the steps to removed all *.IDX files in data on their own, didn’t work.
  6. I removed all *.IDX files AND 1KB files, didn’t work
  7. I followed a video tagged, removing all files expect data and then removing all *.IDX files AND 1KB files. This allowed the game to download again, but the ‘play’ loop continues.
  8. I have uninstalled battle.net twice, no change in situation
  9. I have cleared all battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment caches, no change
  10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game (84GB download), no change
  11. I have changed my connection to wired over wireless, no change
  12. I have changed my DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - STILL NO CHANGE
  13. I have added Modern Warfare to my antivirus exception list. Guess what, still no change.

I am on the verge of throwing my PC through the wall.

So many people seem to be having these issues and I haven’t seen a single comment from anyone at Activision? How do we get some relevant attention to this and a solution, we shouldn’t have to take all of these steps just to launch a game!!!

ACTIVISION PLEASE HELP

9 Likes

This is exactly my story too! So frustrating! :angry:

I’ve tried the twitter route now, give it some attention!

1 Like

GUYS! Found something that worked for me. Open up services and disable anything Citrix related. Done that and restarted and it booted straight away!!

3 Likes

Didn’t work for me, I’ve just given up

Guys, I had the same problem… my antivirus COMODO did it after new COD update (idk why)
. When I uninstal COMODO, game launched. Let me know If you use the same antivirus.
UPDATED : you dont need to delete it. @Blaziken245 - wrote better solutions with comodo

1 Like

Yes i can confirm that if you have any citrix workspace installed in your computer, just disable it or you can delete it. Mine opened after i did this.

1 Like

Good.

3. Change your DNS settings

1. Open up ‘Network & Internet Settings’
  2. Go to ‘Change Adapter Options’
  3. Right-click your Network Adapter and click on ‘Properties’
  4. Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4’ (TCP/IPv4) and click ‘Properties’
  5. Use these DNS server addresses: For Preferred DNS server, type 8.8.8.8; and for Alternate DNS server, type 8.8.4.4 and then press ‘Ok’ to save changes
  6. Now purge the DNS cache. On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo key and type cmd. Then select ‘Run as administrator.
  7. In the pop-up window, directly after “system32>” type in ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ and then press ‘Enter’
  8. Start Warzone and see if it’s working now

I typed the “ProgramFiles\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\ModernWarfare.exe” into the exceptions and it still doesn’t work. is there anything else i have to do with sophos?

If you have Cıtrıx unınstall ıt.

This is the solution if you have sophos AV. Open sophos and follow these directions and it should be fixed. You have to locate your Call of Duty Warzone.exe

2 Likes

I’ve seemed to try it all at this point. Cold War will launch just fine but we all know that game isn’t what we booted up the PC to play. I’ve tried all the fixes including the permissions for comodo. The only thing I haven’t tried is to uninstall the Comodo AV itself.

Finally got it working, uninstalling Citrix did the trick for me as well.

Anyone having issues still might need to delete all associated files, I used method 4 found in this link - google how-to-uninstall-programs-on-windows-10-that-wont-uninstall and its the appuals URL.

Revo Uninstaller removed everything Citrix related and amazingly it’s now running!

So if citrix isn’t install, any idea what the issue could be?

2 Likes

I have tried everything in this thread and nothing is working for me. I dont have citrix but i do have workspace one and dont know if that is causing any issues. Anyone who reads this and still has the same issue as me with warzone not launching need to report it to activision support page or they will not be swift with creating a solution for us.