Warzone not opening

This is exactly my story too! So frustrating! :angry:

I’ve tried the twitter route now, give it some attention!

1 Like

GUYS! Found something that worked for me. Open up services and disable anything Citrix related. Done that and restarted and it booted straight away!!

3 Likes

Didn’t work for me, I’ve just given up

Guys, I had the same problem… my antivirus COMODO did it after new COD update (idk why)
. When I uninstal COMODO, game launched. Let me know If you use the same antivirus.
UPDATED : you dont need to delete it. @Blaziken245 - wrote better solutions with comodo

1 Like

Yes i can confirm that if you have any citrix workspace installed in your computer, just disable it or you can delete it. Mine opened after i did this.

1 Like

Good.

3. Change your DNS settings

1. Open up ‘Network & Internet Settings’
  2. Go to ‘Change Adapter Options’
  3. Right-click your Network Adapter and click on ‘Properties’
  4. Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4’ (TCP/IPv4) and click ‘Properties’
  5. Use these DNS server addresses: For Preferred DNS server, type 8.8.8.8; and for Alternate DNS server, type 8.8.4.4 and then press ‘Ok’ to save changes
  6. Now purge the DNS cache. On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo key and type cmd. Then select ‘Run as administrator.
  7. In the pop-up window, directly after “system32>” type in ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ and then press ‘Enter’
  8. Start Warzone and see if it’s working now

I typed the “ProgramFiles\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\ModernWarfare.exe” into the exceptions and it still doesn’t work. is there anything else i have to do with sophos?

If you have Cıtrıx unınstall ıt.

This is the solution if you have sophos AV. Open sophos and follow these directions and it should be fixed. You have to locate your Call of Duty Warzone.exe

2 Likes

I’ve seemed to try it all at this point. Cold War will launch just fine but we all know that game isn’t what we booted up the PC to play. I’ve tried all the fixes including the permissions for comodo. The only thing I haven’t tried is to uninstall the Comodo AV itself.

Finally got it working, uninstalling Citrix did the trick for me as well.

Anyone having issues still might need to delete all associated files, I used method 4 found in this link - google how-to-uninstall-programs-on-windows-10-that-wont-uninstall and its the appuals URL.

Revo Uninstaller removed everything Citrix related and amazingly it’s now running!

So if citrix isn’t install, any idea what the issue could be?

2 Likes

I have tried everything in this thread and nothing is working for me. I dont have citrix but i do have workspace one and dont know if that is causing any issues. Anyone who reads this and still has the same issue as me with warzone not launching need to report it to activision support page or they will not be swift with creating a solution for us.

i was able to fix it by following the steps for my av in this link (add an “h” in the beginning of the link): ttps://support.activision.com/modern-warfare/articles/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-pc-troubleshooting

1 Like

Dude, this worked for me, thanks. But I’m concern about 1 thing, Is there gonna be some kind of problem with the uninstall? I mean, recently signed with a company that made me install the Citrix, didn’t use it but IDK, what’s the Citrix for?

Ditto. Same issue. Nothing works.

1 Like

it worked out just fine for me. Thank god! I have comodo and did exactly what Blaziken said.

Delete idx files done that. Delete anything under a certain size (say no more). Clear all the % files (Roger That.). Reset the router done that (LUL) okay?. Add an exception for MW/WZ in my AV done that. I’ve even went to the extreme and tried the uninstall/reinstall tactic and that didn’t even work. Uninstall Battle.Net did that. I can get into Cold War no problem but even trying to click into WZ/MW from there doesn’t work still just stuck with nothing. But the worst part is I play zombies got to lvl 200 then season 3 came out and put me back to 199 so I don’t even get credit for that lvl 200 (thats just as bad as not being able to play WZ/MW).

this is a joke bro still not working i just deleted the game to try to see if thats going to work.