Scanning wow files everytime i log onto battlenet

everytime i log into battlenet it goes right to world of warcraft and starts a scan of the files i checked my settings and the box for this option is unchecked so not sure why its doing this all of the sudden

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem.

3 Likes

Same, started last night for me.

2 Likes

My bnet client also started scanning my WoW game every time I launch it (If the bnet client is freshly opened).
This is pretty annoying because it can take upwards to 10 minutes to scan. I had it do that four times yesterday!

2 Likes

Having the exact same problem. Submitted a ticket…we shall see.

3 Likes

Same deal here – it just started, although I was having issues with “Important Game Data files” downloading while i played with frequent stuttering of the game despite having home and world latency under 30. I have tried deleting the launcher and related files (including from active processes via Task Manager). I have deleted all IDX files and let them repopulate. I have run a corruption check on my hard drive. I’m still getting a message every time I run the launcher that there seems to be a problem with my game files and, it runs the “scan and repair,” and finds no problems. WoW is literally the only game or software that I’m having issues with.

1 Like

This is happening to me but for Modern Warfare! Except mine just keeps scanning and then says whoops something is broke blah blah blah, i just played last night with no issues.

1 Like

Ya same exact thing for me too, takes for ever to scan and right at the end it says whoops and starts over again. Started doing this yesterday and when I played the map was bugged.

1 Like

I played last night with no issues and then this morning this, Gabe its doing the same thing for me…takes 5/10 min to scan then at end says “whoops looks like something is wrong with your game”. I am heated…

1 Like

i Cannot even play, just keeps scannig.

1 Like

Same here, now it says it needs an update and fails. Can not log in to play.

1 Like

Thankfully(?), enough people have had the issue that it got this bluepost, simply confirming that they’ll work on a fix. [Main Thread] Scanning and Repairing Repeatedly After Bnet Update - #47 by KAIYAK-1758

hopefully they find a solution fast cause i lost about 4 to 5 hours of gaming in Verdansk!

Hey all,

There was a bug that popped up that Bliz has pushed a fix for. Have a look at this post here to see if helps.