[Main Thread] Scanning and Repairing Repeatedly After Bnet Update

Same thing was happening to me for MW/warzone in Australia. Seems like there was an update for the launcher and seems to be ok now.

1 Like

There was an update to the launcher, no fixes for me. Full restart and still getting error: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

1 Like

Same issue here. Have wasted an hour now just trying to get this game going. Guys whats going on. Your fix isn’t even working. Have tried deleting all .idx files and still not working. What’s the solution here? Updates please, thank you.

1 Like

same issue for me with OW

1 Like

ugghhhh. I seriously do not want to have to do that. Sorry you had too man, that blows. I hope it fixes the issues for ya. Keep us posted.

1 Like

Hey all,

Thanks for the patience while we worked on this. We heard back from the Battle.net team that they’re pushing a fix for the battle.net application now. Please test again if you were having this issue, and reinstall the battle.net application if it didn’t work.

Please note that this will not fix all of the scan/repair loop issues - just the ones caused by the recent bug. These loops can be caused by a number of things. If the update doesn’t resolve it for you, check out that link and see if those steps help instead.

1 Like

My issues are now fixed. Thank you.

Thank you for the update. I continue to have the same problems. Since your post I have restarted, deleted .idx files. Tried starting from Run As Administrator, reinstalling the Bnet App and am still getting error: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

1 Like

This is amazing. Blizzard legitly adds a new bug that is blocking plenty of people from playing games across their entire line. Yet, here were are, now more than 12-18 hours later and the issue still isn’t corrected? I’d be pissed if I were a monthly sub to WOW. As it is I’m still irritated I am unable to play MW, yet another game I have spent money on with the expectation that the game won’t be broken by the devs many months after my purchase. I mean, how hard is this to fix? It’s clearly a launcher issue of some variety to be effecting every single title. Get it together Activision, stop ruining Blizzard.

To be clear. I have now tried every single solution listed here and nothing has corrected the issue. I am still in the update loop for MW and no matter how many times it cycles, I am never able to bring up the game. I’ve deleted files, reinstalled the BNet launcher, etc. I straight up refuse to delete and re-download all 250gigs worth of Modern Warfare. That isn’t a viable solution in my book.

When can we expect to actually get a fix for this? Clearly it’s not super widespread as it was hard enough to find this thread, let alone any mention of it anywhere else. So what are we looking at here? A few more hours? A couple days? Come on guys, get it together already.

9 Likes

Reinstalling the battle.net launcher does not fix the problem for me. Overwatch goes into an Update -> scan -> repair loop. Been trying all possible fixes for the past 10 hours but to no avail!

6 Likes

Same boat here for Modern Warfare. Mind blown Im on hour 12 of this issue and Blizzard hasn’t fixed it.

2 Likes

Overwatch is in scan loop after reinstalling battle.net

2 Likes

reinstalled bnet and deleted the idx files several times, all day today, nothing working. Friends saying theirs are working fine, so this is frustrating for me and others whose bnets arent working. Update > Scan> Scan Complete!> Scans again

:frowning:

4 Likes

Still can’t start Overwatch - it says “Update” and when I click it scans files and finishes after 5 mins or so… then it asks if I want to allow the Battle.net Update, I click yes, and it just gives me the error: Whoops, looks like something broke, give it another go.

I’ve reinstalled Battle.net, deleted idx files, even tried upgrading to the Beta version of Battle.net.

7 Likes

So it seems some of you are getting no errors and some are getting errors. I’ll share mine again in case it helps anyone else feel less alone in these trying times :stuck_out_tongue: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

I tried to submit a Support ticket and it gave me an error. and I can’t even show you guys a screenshot

1 Like

Okay so this has been going on for everyone in the blizzard launcher. Diablo III just continues to loop “update button” pres, oops problem scanning files, “update button” oops problem scanning files …iterate The PTR currently works but it has not gone through an update in a day or two. Can you please post a bypass to start diablo without the battle net app??? Seems like this bug would have come up the first time your QA tech ran an update and then tried to play the game… stop using us players as your alpha test team… at least make sure it runs once for you

1 Like

@DamagedGoods pointed out PTR works. I tried it and it does. Actually I can get in, but no one is there anyway so no games at all for me.

The PTR doesn’t work for me unfortunately :frowning:

2 Likes

that “fix” was to keep us busy to buy more time to keep us from complaining as much. i tried their fix… uninstalled launcher and reinstalled to no help.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to get mine fixed (COD/Warzone). I went into the data folder AGAIN, deleted all the .idx files AGAIN. But this time I disabled my Norton Firewall, and auto-protect for 15 minutes and launched the app again. It automatically went into checking files, recreated all the .idx files, and this time… updated the game that was needed and got right in. So if anyone is still having the issues. Delete all your .dx files with the battle.net app closed. Disable your security stuff and launch it and see if it works for you as well. :slight_smile: