[Main Thread] Scanning and Repairing Repeatedly After Bnet Update

Hey all!

We greatly appreciate your reports as they help us track emerging issues such as this. To help aid this investigation, we are asking that you send us Blizzard Logs. This link has the instructions on how to get them. Once you have the zip file, please email it to us:

To: Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Scanning loop
Attachment: The log file of course!
Body: Please link this forum thread so I know what the email is related to.

Please note that the email inbox is for receiving files only. We do not send replies from this email. Any support requests submitted to the email will not be addressed, so be sure to follow-up with us on this forum thread. Do not send files unless an agent requests them!

1 Like

so the only way ive gotten around this was to open the launcher itself and choose a game that way…doesnt scan game files

1 Like

EDIT: After seeing some of the other threads I feel like I should clarify. My WoW only scans and repairs once so far, and then seems to be fine UNTIL I close battle.net all the way and re-launch it. Then it scans and repairs yet again. I’m not getting stuck in an infinite, non ending loop, and I’m not getting any error messages. But it IS acting as a gatekeeper, forcing me to do it before each time I play wow at the moment.

This is the same that is happening to me in OW. Everytime I click on OW icon to start it now says scanning files, does its thing, then all is well until I close OW and start it again. Definitely something buggy going on with the last update.

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue around 11:30AM local time (UK) and have wasted 4 hours downloading the behemoth that is modern warfare and then reinstalling the game only to be able to use it once then get the scanning issue again.

It fails before completion and I am unable to play.

I have waited another 25 mins tonight to find that it will not complete the scan and despite the support thread recommending removing .idx files and then doing a scan and repair, it doesn’t work.

1 Like

same thing is happening to me with Warzone

1 Like

Glad to see I’m not the only one…Ridiculous that the only real fix seems to be, either to reinstall whatever game you’re having an issue with…or create another copy of the game. Needless-to-say I’m done with Blizzard.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for sending us Blizzard logs as well as the new reports. Our development team is currently working on a fix for this issue. While we don’t have an exact ETA on when this will implemented, we will be providing any new updates in this thread as they become available.

6 Likes

does uninstalling the game work? that sux though cause MW is HUGE!

1 Like

No, it doesn’t unfortunately. Someone said they fixed it by doing that with WoW, and then reinstalled the game via the launcher. I tried that to no avail.

2 Likes

I am still just scanning and scanning…this is not cool BNet!

1 Like

When I start my game from the World of Warcraft icon on my desktop the launcher starts scanning the files again.

When I start the launcher via its own icon and then select Warcraft… no scan… tried it with closing the launcher completely and all… when I start from the launcher itself I don’t get the scan loop. If I start the launcher from the WoW icon the scan starts again.

1 Like

I have been having the issue as well since the update that was mentioned in the original post. I just emailed my log file. For now, I’m just canceling the scan and am able to play.

1 Like

I have deleted everything and reinstalled and still happening! Plz fix this

1 Like

Same issue here! Scan rinse repeat…over and over and over…

1 Like

No I have no guild or guild chat

1 Like

Just chipping in. World of Warcraft. I sent the requested LogGoblin info to the email above. My problem: I have been having bad world and home MS so I did a Scan & Repair a few hours ago. Since then, it’s been stuck in an infinite loop. Have tried deleting the .idx files. Launching in different ways. Restarting my computer. Changing firewall permissions. Nothing has helped.
edit: forgot to include, I repeatedly get this error: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 as the scan completes (and Windows asks my permission each time the scan completes)

1 Like

I recently had the same issue. Ended up deleting all the idx files. This then put me in the queue to re-download MW. So now I am waiting for the 224 +gb to finish downloading.

2 Likes

The very same is happening to be but with COD, I am trying to get through to Blizzard.

2 Likes

Just checked my email because I’m bored, saw that the ZIP file I sent with my LogGoblin info was rejected. File too large. Even though I followed the exact steps listed here. And I only play 1 Blizzard game.

1 Like

Happening the exact same thing for Heroes of the Storm. Everytime I open Battle.net to play Heroes, automatically it goes on Scan and Repair. Noticed this today.

1 Like