May 2020 - Diablo II Server Issues/CD Key in Use/Failure to Connect

So this happened to me before on the 2nd, key was unlocked on the 6th.

Now two days later I get dumped from the server, and key locked again.

Bought my key on the 1st, and I’ve played 3ish days. Almost every game I see is a bot. I can’t really say that this was giving me the warm fuzzy 2000 feeling I expected to get. I know D2 is 20 years old, but if you’re going to support a game, support it. Otherwise Bliz needs to give it up to somebody that cares.

mm are you sure? if so how do i deal with this?

This just happened to me about 15 minutes ago, CDKey still in use by myself … F

Why it the game still down It said my CD key it use by me it their a way to fix the problem

I got this message today. I decided to just go play WoW and watch Netflix hoping it would clear up. I came back several hours later and my key is still saying it is in use by myself.

I was first getting the firewall message 6112 port, then my cd key was in use by me and now it’s just in use… I got to play for like a day after I installed the game again after many years

I’m ok to play right now, but I’m still wondering how to contact support when it won’t let me submit support tickets. I get an error message for that - even when all documentation is included.
The message is below:

You can’t submit this ticket.

An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.

Trying again later never works. The only thing I’m missing from the form is a phone number, as it doesn’t recognize non-US numbers. Am I SoL as a non-American resident?

I am having the same issue

Yea is there any update on this? Recently bought D2 to play again, like others, after many years. Have been playing for just a few days and US East has been littered with disconnects. And then yesterday 5/7 was the “CD key in use”, followed by a 4 hour realm down, followed by about 30 minutes of playing before the game froze and back to CD Key in use. Logged off for the night and tried to login again this morning, same error over and over. This is kinda unreal for a 20 year old game :confused:

I’m pretty sure that this is the case.

As far as dealing with it, you’ll just have to wait until the restriction expires. As far as determining the duration, that depends on the cause:

Shorter restrictions of up to 72 hours can be caused by a number of things including:

• Logging in and out of Battle.net too many times in a short period of time.
  • Switching between accounts or characters too quickly.
  • Creating games too quickly.
  • Switching skills too fast by using the mouse wheel.
  • Casting zero-delay skills like Frozen Armor, Glacial Spike and various Necromancer curses repeatedly.

Longer restrictions of up to two weeks are primarily for two reasons:

• Playing on Battle.net while you have an active VPN.
  • Playing on Battle.net while connected to a business class ISP.

Here’s an official listing of reasons for a restriction:

I have not violated any of these things and this is happening to me AGAIN…

1 Like

happening to everyone bud… the servers are messed up

Blizzard … comon ! Fix it.

Yesterday cd key used by myself from late PM to this morning. I successfully just logged in again.
I just made 1 game on my sorc. Teleported a few times and killed a monster; BOOM disconnected again. Loggin, your cd key is being used by yourself. LOL

They never removed it, even blizzard north. They are to blame for their messy code

Well I keep being kicked off server and now my key is in use again.

Hey all,

We know that this issue is currently highly impactful, and appreciate all the reports and everybody being patient through this. We’ve identified some things that require back end work to resolve which is why this is taking so long.

I’ll provide more updates as we can. This is our top priority for our Classic team right now, but we don’t currently have an ETA for a fix. For now, please continue following these instructions if you get the “CD Key in Use” error when trying to log in, and note that the USEast server is currently having more issues than others. Your best bet is to play on a different server for now if USEast is your normal server.

1 Like

Hi Andy, you are the man!!

Why does logging in restart the cd key in use timer? Doesn’t that seem counter productive?

1 Like

I see USEast realm went down for maintenance, is USWest also down for maintenance too?