Fix for 170GB "Update"

Replace all your IDX files with his ones and run a repair, that should then work. Make sure you dont leave any of the old ones behind.

As long as his is 100% working it should sort it for you, I have tested this with one of my mates

running a repair now so will see what happens.

cool, will be good to know the outcome

finished the repair,

got 150GB to download.

and thats using all the known working IDX files? and you made sure that the old ones were deleted?

yup 100%, nothing has changed on this pcā€¦

only thing that changed is i turned the pc off, and turned it back on and it tried to update :frowning: when it was working before i turned it offā€¦ :laughing:

sorry mate totally confused with what has gone on hereā€¦

if your game was broken trying to do the big download, you cleared the idx files out of your game drive and backed them up, then pasted in your friends working idx files? opened the game run a repair ignoring the update button, once repair complete press the update button and its saying 150gb update?

yup exactly that, itā€™s weird as my friend got it runningā€¦ where as now it wants to update, i think im gonna have to wait for Blizard to fix this issue

Frank,

can you go to :\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\Data\data and yhou should have some data.00 number files, mine goes from data.000 to data.161 but skips data.001 can you confirm yours does the same.

ah right, maybe try temporarily removing IDX files open launcher, run a repair it will try and then do an update. close launcher delete the new IDX files put in the known working ones, open launcher run a repair see what happens then. I have been able replicate the issue of having this download and then getting it to go down to 200mb and then no updated needed with the 3 different versions of files I have.

Or you can just wait and see if they fix it or download the game! a lot of faffing about, I am inpatient hence why I was messing about with it lol :slight_smile: Good luck!

i ve just warzone, i have data.000 to data.079

Hey folks,

While weā€™re happy that this has worked for a few of you, it looks like this fix is not consistent from replies. As a reminder, this is a bug that we should have fixed yesterday. Please keep an eye on this thread and contribute logs to our information gathering email if the problem occurred again today.

Iā€™m locking this thread to ensure we keep all reports in the correct location.