Diablo 1 Multiplayer not working

Yes, thanks! I’m correcting it now, everywhere I posted it!! <3
-Once again the typo’s got me xD

Thanks for an official update.

Though the problem was solved for myself, by setting up ports and DHCP properly.

I hope it’s possible to make it easier accessible, but keep security in order.

The game is still crashing even in the oppening. The multiplayer loop is still there, when we just can open the game, the single player runs well, but the battle.net option is still in loop. Tried do update the instalation of the game several times, but it’s still crashing. Please try to correct it !!!

Guys, I bought Diablo 1 on Blizzard and GOG, bought WC 2 on Blizzard and GOG.
I cant cannect to Bnet on any of them! Can anyone help me? Pleaseeee!

There have been a few posts regarding this issue, and thanks to Leviathan I was able to piece together a fix.

It appears that the Battle.net install of D1 does not include the newer ‘Global’ Battle.net gateway. Instead, it installs with the older 4 regions. To fix the issue, open your Registry Editor and find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Battle.net\D1\Configuration. Right click on the item labeled ‘Battle.net gateways’ and click modify. Below the very last item, paste the following three lines:

connect-forever.classic.blizzard.com
Global

Open the game and select Multiplayer. Before you try to join Battle.net, click ‘Change Gateway’ and select the new ‘Global’ gateway. Then, you should successfully be able to login to Battle.net.

Yes, I can confirm that making that registry change, I’m now on Battle.net. Thanks to everyone. Seems to be working.

Yup, it works. But nobody’s there! Diablo Retail En-1

Your Internet connection is either poor or is not processing UDP packets through port 6112. You will be able to chat but will not be able to play games. Contact your Internet service provider or your system administrator for assistance with opening this port .

Getting this.

Did you do the required port forwarding?

There’s not going to be a lot of people on the old Battlenet. Maybe it will pick up some with this new surge of the classic games, but even then it won’t be that many. Today, I was in a lobby with one person I knew and three randoms. That’s more than I’ve seen in a looong time.

I did all of that with the registry and am still stuck in a boot loop. Asking me to update, it updates then I log back on and asks me to update again.

I have the original copy of this game, and there was nothing that seems to be changed from this new release. The same compatibility issues, cant run on high resolution or it crashes. multiple monitors it crashes, battle net not working. Really upset with how much time i’ve wasted trying to get this game to work. Also trying to deal with Blizzard support is a joke, cant get a refund, bigger waste of time even trying. Another F. DO NOT BUY

Agreed, this game should have come to sale until it was ready. wasted over an hour trying to get this running, and cant get a refund either.
Such good work done with Diablo 2, then they put out this trash that doesnt even work.

I can’t get past the blizzard north screen before it crashes

Hello,
I myself cannot connect to multiplayer to play with friends.
Several of us purchased the game intending to play together.

It tells me to update, then saids it is not needed on a loop.
I am going to have to refund this game untill this issue is fixed.

It is very bad to sell a game on this scale and have it not work for a big percentage of the player base.

Hope everyone is having better luck than we are.

Update! Registry addition and unlocking ports 6221 is required to Login and play games on bnet.

Right! As best as anyone can tell, this is a bug. See here on how to fix it.

It’s fowarding ports 6112 to 6119. This one isn’t a bug. It’s just a requirement due to how old the game is.

refund us please. no one wants to do this. you should have made the game better when u re-released it. No one wants to do this to play the game.

I don’t disagree. Some testing would have gone a long way.

However, I’m not a Blizzard employee. So as far as refunds go, nothing is stopping anyone from requesting them.

Hello, I can’t log into Bnet.
It says that I need to process UDP packets through port 6112.

Is there any way that I can fix this?

Thank you.

Thanks for the update. I understand there are high tech workarounds but hopefully you can get it so it functions without having to be a high tech person. Glad they are aware and hope they can resolve it so it just works without being an internet guru.

You can also try using DevilutionX to play the game it doesn’t require any network configuration in order to work.

Hope that helps.

You guys are working on a permanent solution though right? If I just walk away for a few weeks and give it time to be fixed will I still have to do all these ghetto a*s work arounds when I return?