Blizzard Support for Mac OS Catalina?

I know the OS is still in beta and that I understand but the battle.net app doesn’t work and neither do any of the classic games or downloaders. My question is does blizzard plan to support OS Catalina when it is released by updating there games and app?

3 Likes

As it’s still in beta, our team is still going through the developmental and testing phases of getting everything compatible. The most we can offer is, our team is aware of this and working on getting all 32-bit games and applications compatible with the upcoming MacOS Catalina.

2 Likes

Hi! It’s been 3 months – any news?
Thanks!

Hey, MightyOwl! Catalina should be supported for the Blizzard Application now since it’s live! There are a few issues that we are aware of though.

• Diablo II will not run on Catalina at the moment, please see this forum thread. Our team is aware, but there is no ETA on how long this may take to be compatible with Catalina.
  • Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II are experiencing kernel panic crashes for those with Radeon Graphics on Mac OS on the Metal Graphics API. This is a driver issue which will hopefully be fixed in a future MacOS update. Our team is working on resolving these concerns.
    Here’s the forum thread for those issues .
    There’s also issues with CMD+TAB for Heroes of the Storm causing black screen and needing a reboot, windowed mode will work around this issue. Both games and other versions of MacOS will sometimes experience Quit Unexpectedly, which changing the Computer name will address.
  • ^ This may also be impacting graphical pixelation issues for Diablo III on OpenGL Graphics API. Here’s the thread for this issue.

All other games should be running fairly well though and compatible. If there are any issues, please create a new thread or contact our Technical supports to troubleshoot these issues individually :slight_smile:

Hopefully, this gets all the issues known at the moment. TLDR; Diablo II is not yet compatible. If the system has a Radeon Graphics card, you may run into issues with some of our games.

Any update here? I wish I could play again. I almost finished my purchase but saw that people were complaining about this compatibility issue.

1 Like

can we get an update on this? Just purchased the game was expecting to play all day today but yeah…HELP!

3 Likes

I have another question in connection with this issue. I have officially purchased Blizzard games from here, however, I am on a Mac. SO, If I have originally purchased the DIablo II complete games (expansion LOD), can I now use my legal purchase on a Windows PC/ laptop? Since the Macbook does not work due to the Catalina update?
Also, whats with the Warcraft game? I can no longer play Warcraft 3. Not talking about Reforged…

Don’t work. where I communicate to refund?

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.