Zin'rokh Archaeology

It took me somewhere between 400-450 solves to get it back in Cata.
The RNG of it is brutal.
Best bet is using crates as fast as you can get them and otherwise just keep grinding.
I know back in Cata you could keep your skill level low by not training to limit the number of non-troll digsites but I don’t know if that still works.

1 Like

Actually there are! Warlords gives you the ability to buy boxes of archaeology relics towards whichever you want.

2 Likes

Yes, I think that raiders in particular get shafted in terms of prestige. We’re too deep for them to remove the mythic tints, but what I was thinking was multiple full clears (discourage sales, think 40 mythic boss kills in a 10 boss raid) for a prestige tint of the mythic model.

Also for elite sets they could do a heroic model set with the elite colors at 1800, then the “real” set at 2100 with the mythic model. Basically an elite elite set.

1800 and shared between classes is just too free.

Yeah I think that’s effort. I had a friend that threw all of his characters at ICC whenever he could and he’d probably feel pretty bad if someone invalidated that work, but idk.

I dunno. I think super rare rng items have their place in the game, just not too many of them, and as long as they’re not time limited. They’re something everyone can get and you’d probably feel pretty good about it too if you do get it. Whenever I see people with rare things I usually find myself thinking “Cool, they’ve got that 1% mount!” regardless of how many chances it took.

And I’m not trying to protect my super rare 0.5% drop chance special items, cause I have like none lol. That’s just my opinion though, it’s fine if someone thinks the drop chances should be increased.

1 Like

Use Warlords archaeology and buy these boxes. It helps a lot and goes much faster!

1 Like

Having rewards for challenges is great and all but gating things that will only be obtained by the top percent of players is dumb.

You want the elite set to be gated at a higher rating? Well last season only 8% of players hit rival (1800). Let’s say that the set was gated at duelist, then only 2% of players would’ve obtained it.

Blizz making transmogs that only 2% of players would likely obtain seems like a waste of time.

1 Like

It used to be 2200
So they knocked it down to 2000
Then further to 1800, and made sets shared
They’re barely elite sets any more

I can’t remember the last time I saw somebody with a complete cata-mop set

Yeah that’s a good thing. You actually see people walking around in them now.

Only 8% of players obtained it though, how is that not considered “elite” in your mind? What is the point of making mogs if only the top 1% of players have it?

Glads have the mounts and titles, the armor sets are in a good spot I think.

1 Like

Sounds like it would be worth the hard work and really cool to wear.

It still is in it’s current state. 8% of players having something is still too many people for it to be cool and “worth the hard work”?

Maybe I’m biased because this is the first xpac I pushed to that rating but I worked super hard to get that lol. Obviously this season was easier because I’ve been practicing but it still felt like an accomplishment.

1 Like

Most people are too anxious to even bother with arena.

Makes it super cool. Ideally wod s1 (s16, primal) is how they do elite sets, but Legion was also super good.

Does WoD have items like mantid resonator that limit the archeology spawns to 2 zones? Otherwise i doubt WoD is faster than getting those crates from MoP

Dude those sets look awesome but I literally never see them anywhere because barely anyone has them lol.

Archaeology zones in Warlords spawn really fast and you can get those items made super fast to turn in for a boatload of relic fragments. It’s much faster. It’s how people farm to try to get the canopic jars for the Sandstone recipe.

Give it a few seasons, it’ll lose it’s charm

Hopefully class specific sets make elite sets a bit cooler again

We’re pretty of topic but if you knew anything about arenas it’s 8% of players but like 90% of arena players got it. Making them not cool in arena circles

1 Like

Just legitimately never heard anyone talk about flying across WoD, it’s always turn in research boxes for fragments from doing solves in pandaria to limit travel time

I’ve seen some stuff saying to do wod but that it’s slower than mantid farming. Usually say it’s worth to do the achievements as something to mix it up

I honestly don’t care if you’ve heard it or not. I’m telling the OP how the guides and tricks worked since the vendor went live in Warlords.

1 Like

Ah okay, i made it to around 300 solves and gave up

I don’t even play ret either :dizzy_face: