Zin'rokh Archaeology

Yeah.

But everybody has it.

It’s like when s3 gear was cool because they removed the vendors (s4 gear was outright better) so you knew people with the set were ogs but people begged until it came back then suddenly s3 gear wasn’t special. Same thing with the similar thing that happened with wotlk pieces.

Not that I’m saying they should’ve been removed, just that if anybody can go and get them then it’s just not really a neat thing any more.

I didn’t really see anyone bashing you.

Anyway, I don’t have any tips. I was lucky enough to get my sword in the first few solves. I don’t use it myself though because I think it looks a little dated.

1 Like

I guess we just disagree. I don’t think the rarity of something has anything to do with how neat or cool it is.

I’m saying that it’s a factor.

Corrupted Ashbringer, t3, old elite sets, etc.

Yeah for you but not for me is what I’m saying.

Corrupted ashbringer is cool because it looks awesome and the lore behind it is cool. The only dumb thing about it is that it’s unobtainable

2 Likes

The problem is that your thinking is flawed.

Hard to obtain things ARE cool.
Setting a goal improving and finishing IS cool.
Hard to obtain goals IS impressive.

NO ONE disputes that.

RNG isn’t any of those things. You can’t “set a goal” on something arbitrary. It’s luck.
And lucky people come to GD and boast pretending they “put the effort” when they just got lucky.

There is a difference.

There’s no pride in being subject to a arbitrary algorithm that decides for you when you are worthy.

3 Likes

My X-45 Heartbreaker begs to differ.

You got lucky.

There is no deterministic way to get that mount.

Tell yourself whatever you want to sleep better at night but numbers don’t lie. Nothing you do improves the drop odds or guarantees it. You can increase your attempts, but under the same chance percentage which isn’t affected by previous tries. Math isn’t that hard.

Ahhh, yes. I can feel it.

Winning rng is still cool

Winning the lottery is cool, but no one looks at that trailer park couple from the midwest who wins it and says “that’s what I want to be in life” :stuck_out_tongue:

ABSOLUTELY! It’s a great feeling! and super cool!

Just don’t tell people you put the effort, when all you did was get lucky.

35-45 characters a day for two weeks isn’t effort?

People that kept grinding it out for months/years put in no effort? I think I’ve read your stuff before. You just come off as a bitter casual that has a lot of jealousy about people having things you don’t have.

Idk man prestige is prestige and it’s always been a part of mmorpgs

1 Like

Over the course of several years? I don’t know. That’s almost the most you can possibly do without setting up multiple accounts, which I don’t really have any interest in doing.

Not everything can be farmed out with a single char in a week or two, and that is okay.

I misunderstood your post, so I deleted that one.

1 Like

No, its persistence.

1 character or 100 characters don’t improve the odds. Only the amount of tries you get.

lol… feel free to look at all the mounts I’ve acquired. All the things I have that are no longer in game.

What I am about is people should be able to work toward things. Not hopelessly turn the slot machine lever forever until something happens.

I bought my Long Boi, I wish everyone could acquire it.
I got my MT skins, I wish people could acquire them whenever they want.
I got almost every old raid mount, I wish people didn’t have to run them for years to get them.
I’ve got titles no longer obtainable, I wish people could still get them.

Even easier stuff, like the BfA mount from the pre-event, Tyraels Charger, original RAF’s, and my T3 for my warrior. People should be able to get those things.

And things should be obtainable in a deterministic way.

If you tell me: Zinrokh drops after 1000 Troll discoveries. I would say WOW that is an impressive goal! But it’s a goal you can work towards. and even though everyone can get it, not many will because it is A FEAT to complete 1000 troll items.
THAT is effort.

Running 40 character on ICC every week is just desperation for a system that is flawed. I should know, that is how I obtained those mounts.

3 Likes

Many such cases.

1 Like

I think the crux of the issue is people can’t look at your Zin’rokh and determine the amount of effort put into it.

That is because it is RNG based. For example, I got mine in under 5 solves, whereas others are doing 100s of solves to no avail.

I think what Izhana is arguing is that this diminishes the prestige of the item.

1 Like

I mean all that stuff is mute to me. I think mythic raid sets should be only available while current content and elite pvp sets should be awarded at higher rating than 1800.

I agree that 1 shotting an old raid boss over and over for a mount makes the mount very meh.

Now if there was a mount for soloing an absurd idk layer 20 torghast that’d be pretty cool.

I really went off topic because I think zinrokh is a genuinely cool sword made cooler by it being so dang rare but it’s really not hard to get you just press the key over and over.