Zin'rokh Archaeology

Been grinding away for this sword for a while slowly losing my mind. There’s virtually no good info online so if anyone has some tips please drop them.

Farming mantid and buying troll keystones when they pop.

2 Likes

There are really no tips to getting specific archaeology finds, you’re entirely at the mercy of RNG.

15 Likes

You have to be completely lost to find the thing that can’t be found. Otherwise everyone would have it.

You’re doing good!

The drop rate seems a tad too little to me. Blizzard needs to reevaluate things like this.

1 Like

Man am I glad I got this done in Cataclysm and kept it in my warriors bank, it was a slog back then, though not sure if it’s better or worse now with the Arch changes.

1 Like

No. Then it wouldn’t be cool

1 Like

Technically its better now because of the crates. Still incredibly painful though.

4 Likes

I wish you luck on your cool weapon, then. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

that thing is a myth.

I got the aqir mount before, and even that was a pain. I never saw the doll from NE or the blade from troll

Ahh yes Zin’rokh Destroyer of your time

I gave up on it. 300 troll solves and nothing.

3 Likes

I tried for a solid three years and gave up on it, gl

The thing has such a low drop rate that back when it was first released people had theories it could only be gotten by a single player per server.

Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator - Mantid sites - crates - profit is still the best way to farm anything as far as I’m aware.

I also recommend having something interesting playing in the background/on another monitor so you aren’t putting all of your attention into grinding. The more you think about it, the worse the grind is. It also helps to have someone chatting with you in voice to keep you from thinking too hard about what you’re doing. The more attention you put into it, the worse it feels. (I know I said it twice, but I cannot stress keeping distracted enough)

If they ever fixed the Archy addon I also recommend that, but it wasn’t being updated the last time I needed it and it was broken by game changes : (

2 Likes

This is another one of the things in game I’ve given up on ever getting.

Yeah, the only rewards that can be “cool” are ones locked behind an acquisition method where one person spends 2 minutes to acquire the item, and another person spends 2 decades to acquire the same thing.

9 Likes

lol, I can understand how some would believe this though I just mogged my sword to Zin to show it is, in fact, obtainable through perseverance :wink:

My advice: Just stop. Right now.

Had a guild member that tried to get this back in Cata. Drove him crazy. So frustrated he quit the game in MoP because of it. (Yes he tried to get it for ~3 years.)

I don’t know anyone that has ever seen the sword, but I know people that no longer play WoW because of how RNG grindy the grind is.

You have been… warned… lol

I have the old version on my warrior in the bank, it’s good enough for me. Along with my Dragon’s Call, that i got my first run in Sunken temple when i first started playing. That was my first epic ever.

I keep old stuff like that in my bank as fond memories.

3 Likes

I also gave up a few years back after hundreds and hundreds of solves with no luck. I’ll probably give it another shot one day when I’m bored enough. Funny thing is I used to have the actual sword on this character back in the day. I should try to have it restored or something.

Yeah that’s my opinion get over it. If you can one shot an old raid boss for an item I don’t think it’s cool. Does that somehow offend you?

1 Like

1 Like