Zin'rokh Archaeology

Yeah probably. I thought I’d be perfectly satisfied with 1800 but now I’m pushing for duelist lol.

Yesssss I can’t wait.

Well you’re right I didn’t know that but it feels like they separate things out pretty well with the illusion being for duelist and the mounts being for glads. That’s just me though, yeah I also forgot what the actual thread was about lmao.

It’s really not. Just have to follow the routes!

2k was less free when seasons were short
also they’re bound to the class

another thing is that most people didn’t pvp as no power incentives
as well as rated being unpopular in general

It is. Wod is nice for when you’re done with mop, though.

I’m making sure it’s not false information considering that vendor also exists in pandaria and sells the same things with an added resonator for mantid digs specifically

And since i’ve done some of the grind and the guides all mentioned pandaria, and OP mentions they’re doing mantids, it made me wonder

From all of the old guides and my experience, it’s not at all. Everything respawns pretty fast. It was only slow when you couldn’t fly. Everyone can fly there now. You get so many fragments from those boxes. It’s basically a circle around one or two zones.

These are usually terrible.

Which appears very limited.

So in other words you’ll cherry pick and ignore what I’ve said for ad hominem. Goodbye.

Can’t handle somebody with sigfnnciantly more experience than you saying that you don’t know what you’re talking about? Mantid spot is better. Draenor is fine if you’re already done with mop, though.

2 Likes

Ahhh, yes… very well acquainted with this. I also have experience with quickly losing it.

Variety is the spice of life. One must endeavor to occasionally do things differently.

:relieved:

3 Likes

From a financial standpoint it would hardly be worth the time and cost to make it at that point. This isn’t “12m subscriber” WoW anymore. This is “how tight can we make the budget to bring in a few extra bucks quarterly WoW” and catering to an extreme minority of a minority would be bad business either way.

2 Likes

Its nice that they let you start turning in completed pieces for more free fragments (Did that start in WoD or Legion?) but yeah it’s super RNG still.

Wotlk had elite weapons btw lol

WoW at its peak popularity had 1) rating requirements on gear and 2) unique (fomo, as the kids say these days) tint weapons for having high rating

Thoughts?

1 Like

That started in MoP actually with restored boxes and brann bronzebeard added to the seat of knowledge

2 Likes

That’s was the point I was trying to get at.
WotLK could do whatever it wanted. It was the peak of WoW when Metzen and co were swimming in Scrooge McDuck style money pits.
1% of 12m was way more than 1% of whatever we have left now.
Same way the AQ Scarab could work. It was new and shiny and insanely popular.

Now it’s seasonal FOMO hell and if you don’t put the FOMO in reach of the whales you don’t pull a profit.

Okay, but what I meant was there’s no way to guarantee what archaeology find you’ll get when you finish one. So there’s no way to guarantee that I get Zin’rokh, I have to keep hammering away at troll archaeology until RNG blesses me with the find, which I could get after completing 1 relic, or 100 relics.

That doesn’t mean that those things are what brought in players and kept them subbed. WoW has more FOMO than it ever has and subs are far lower then they were back then.

Quick question……. What happens if you’re doing archeology on say a priest…. And you find this unicorn of a sword? It doesn’t go to the transmog bank for other toons to use? Do you have to look for it with the toon that can wear it only?

1 Like

it’s an account bound item so you’ll be able to trade it across your characters.

The puzzle can rarely pop up on any of your characters, regardless of class (in troll sites) :100:

1 Like

Nice! I’m maining rogue and don’t want to play a toon just for the sword. Oki dokie….

1 Like

best of luck! glad to know there’s still fellow fossil hunters out there :nerd_face:

1 Like