Zin'rokh Archaeology

looks at topic title

:clown_face:

2 Likes

you post on general discussion on a hidden profile who’s the clown

Ah, I must’ve missed the memo that states we’re clowns for hiding a forum profile.

The trick is … well, I think you’re doing it. But just to reiterate it:

The trick is to do everything else (eg: work on Achvs, etc), and collect 200 Restored Artifacts. Once at 200, turn them all in for Troll artifacts and hope for Zinrock.

Rinse repeat… endlessly…

It’s only cool because it’s ultra rare?

/doubt

2 Likes

someone has a non casual player opinion, better dogpile me !

Almost as if it’s a super unpopular opinion

Nah, people “dogpile” you because of your terrible attitude. People here are trying to help you, and in the process recognize that the system is not the best. That’s a fact.

The game should be deterministic, not random. Frustration shouldn’t be a feature of the game.

7 Likes

It’s kinda my fault. I ranted about the drop rate, and OP happens to disagree.

I don’t think there are any tricks to speed things up, other than what you’re already doing. As others mentioned, Arch is just an rng slog. Think I got Zin on about the 10th solve. Meanwhile, I’ve done arch on and off since Cata and still don’t have the Aqir mount or Vial.

Just to be clear, Vial of the Sands is a recipe that will only drop if you have … Alchemy? I forget what profession it is, but the point is, if you don’t have that profession, the drop rate is ZERO. You will NEVER get it.

But keep trying if you have the right one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This … uh… “logic” (lack thereof) is obviously flawed in this case because the item is entirely subjective.

Why is there a barrier to this “cool” xmog … when plenty of people think it looks stupid?

Just as so many people “think it’s cool”, when they really DON’T think it looks cool, they’re just showing off “they got the rare thing.”

The bottom line is that if people like certain things, there should be a REASONABLE path for them to attain those things. I’m not saying GIVE them anything. I’m not saying a day, or a week.

But what I am saying is something I’ve outlined many times before: 100 tries. No matter what it is, accrue some sort of “token” or something and once you have 100 … you get the item. After 100 tries, I don’t care what it is, you’ve earned it.

3 Likes

I switched mains in Legion to a DH and I threw Alchemy on him because I couldn’t think of something else to put on him but I was planning on getting something else later.

I was doing arch to try and get a title and figured I’d use the crates to try and farm the aqir mount since I still didn’t have it. The very first item I got was a jar and it had the recipe in it.

I was so angry at the time because I’d been trying to get it on my actual alchemist for years by that point.

1 Like

A common theme on GD is to use “cool xmog” in place of “nobody else should get what I have”.

E.g. “Old content shouldn’t come back but instead we should get cool new stuff”.

2 Likes

Most Youtube comments and Twitter posts I’ve seen are against this sort of thing, FOMO and whatnot. But, since posting on GD requires a sub, people are more likely to support Blizzard’s common practices. At least, that’s what I think.

1 Like

It’s really just a vocal minority of elitists opposed to other players having fun and playing the game they way they want.

4 Likes

No, but it’s a factor. Stuff stops being cool if everybody gets it.

Example being the Wandering Ancient.

1 Like

I don’t see it even listed in archeology at all. Oh nvm ,it’s a two handier.

What? It’s still cool though.

It’s not that stuff stops being cool it’s that you just like being the only one that has the cool stuff.

1 Like

This is true but hard for the casual player base to understand. The concept of setting a goal improving and finishing it is lost on people that play content with difficulty set to 0 and play with participation trophies.

I’m fine with getting bashed for thinking that hard to obtain goals are more impressive than easy to obtain ones on GD because the type of people that post here cap out at heroic dungeon when it comes to content.

The sword is cool on it’s own. It’s even cooler because you never see it and when you do it stands out.

2 Likes