Zaralek Cavern Cosmetic Rewards from Rares

• Zaralek Cavern
    • [With weekly restarts] The loot lockout now resets when the content in a given area of the map becomes available. Now, when world quests are visible in an area, the rare elite enemies in that area will also be available. Rare elite rewards have been increased to offset their reduced frequency.
      • Developers’ notes: Unlike Forbidden Reach, the rare elites in Zaralek Cavern are meant to be a bonus, rather than the primary activity.

Can Devs confirm if this change will impact cosmetic rewards? because it seems like they’re only talking about Flightstones and Crest fragments.

We’re already farming Karokta rare for a mount with every alt possible during its respawn time and now it’s moved to a 4 day lock out…

Again,

This isn’t fun…it’s a frustating grind, enable some kind of bad luck protection system or increase drop to reflect this change of respawn.

8 Likes

Well this will significantly lower my time spent in the Caverns. Honestly I found it pretty relaxing to do the rare grind.

I’m also not sure what they mean by ‘increased’. Am I getting more Stones/Shards or is the quality of items increased? Does it mean more of a chance for cosmetics? Either way, that’s a lot less to do in 10.1.

2 Likes

:rofl: love how they want people to believe it isnt the primary activity.

2 Likes

Anybody got a guess what the “primary activity” actually is?

2 Likes

I don’t know yet. It’s not like they put much more story into the area and some of the events aren’t daily. It’s a mystery.

1 Like

Well there is only one bit of consistent, reliable content that has structure and purpose.

The primary activity is of course, the snail daily.

1 Like

The primary activity is getting the hell out of that zone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The primary activity is getting ripped off by Ponzo. Daily!

4 Likes

Logging out and playing something else at this rate.

2 Likes

Ponzo is under investigation and will be dealt with by the Loamm Justice Department

2 Likes

Cobalt Shalewing from Karokta seems to have a drop rate in the .1% range or possibly lower for US/NA. There are so few recorded drops it doesn’t seem to register on Wowhead.

I’m not really sure what they were thinking with this. It would be nice to get a dev to speak on this. Communication is so important. It’s just frustrating and unfun. I really wonder who made the decision to make the drop rate so low. Like what kind of person does that?

I think people need to pay more attention to this statement.

The “content” in ZC is nonexistent beyond the introduction questline and the throttled WQs so the “rare circuit” was the gameplay loop.

But it wasn’t supposed to be?

Sounds like someone came in and slammed down the gates again.

Side effect: good luck on cosmetics.

1 Like

So what is the primary activity in Zaralek Caverns?

Uhh…those mini-events?..that have diminishing rewards after the first completion?
Uhh…mob grinding?
Uhh…gathering spores?

Did we all miss something else, some secret unlock? is there a hidden area in there somewhere? is there a way to do bypass the per week restrictions on some things?

Your guess is as good as mine as to what the primary activity in ZC was supposed to be…

3 Likes

I think loot as a whole is buggy down there. World boss still isn’t showing loot. In the past it popped up in the raid showing people getting drops

1 Like

The fact the mob Karokta is spelt incorrectly across several achievements is sketchy as well. The Cobalt Shalewing drop itself has a different spelling on it (Kairoktra or something like that).

Just poor quality control allover. How long does it take to fix things like this? It should take 5 minutes.

1 Like

I reported that the 2nd day of the patch and it’s still with a typo, I spent the first day looking for Kairoktra then I checked a wowhead guide…10.1 is full of typos.

Now the rares will only drop loot like mounts or pets or toys…only once a week…which means your going to have to get your alts down there if you want more then 1 chance a week at some of the drops…sigh

It just turn this grind x10 worse…Reward Devs don’t know how to design any other thing besides a time sink

Maybe they’ll up the drop rate to compensate, like fallen charger pre nerf…