Zandalari Still not Nerfed

I was thinking about that regeneratin’ racial yesterday. As a Paladin, smack stun, regenerate while the stun is ticking down and you basically have a Lay on Hands on a 90 sec timer.
I know this is sort of cherry picking a fairly specific circumstance, but consider : there’s plenty of those rares and rare elites about (that are stunnable), so this would be a great way to kill them when your gear isn’t up to scratch yet.

1 Like

Just gonna add this here.

3 Likes

Most races have a single active racial and I would trade shadowmeld for the BE one every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. I think most folks expect that the racials will be tuned to be competitive rather than overpowered.

Any new insight into the choose-your-loa mechanic? The 5 day cooldown is no big deal to “pure” DPS classes, but for folks who DPS in raid but tank in M+, or swap heals/DPS, this becomes restrictive.

Any chance that the selection will be per spec (or role)?

Lol what year is this? Tanks haven’t had to worry about dying because bosses hit to hard in years.

I think the cool down is there to balance the power of the racial.

?? Have you played BFA? Dispelling is a huge part of this expansion.

1 Like

If you haven’t been playing the game and don’t know what I’m talking about, then why are you even bothering replying? You guys got free heroic raiding gear since 8.1 came out every week.

Every week you got a quest to kill 25 horde players in exchange for free heroic raiding gear.

It continued once the new raid tier came out and you got two the first week.

Sorry if you don’t know what you’re talking about, but that’s not my fault.

Clearly you don’t play the game. No one I know has issues raiding alliance and as I stated before, are actually better geared than most horde players I know.

Leaderboards and logs prove nothing. All it shows is the preference of the top 3% of players, something you shouldn’t even care about anyway.

The players never used to be equal, don’t know what game you’ve been playing. Its always been horde or alliance since the start. The alliance were something like 70% all throughout vanilla. Horde only got more players after BC & blood elves.

Funny, you guys didn’t say that when alliance dominated the PvP scene for longer than half the games life. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Don’t bother bring up how many more horde there is in high end content. They will just make up a excuse like only % of players raid so there’s nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Allies whine endlessly, it’s exhausting really.

4 Likes

You know, I might take you up on that. I played Alliance for a few months back in Classic and I got a heck of a lot of use out of Shadowmeld. Sneaking though pats in hostile areas, safe meld spot to safe meld spot, was a lot of fun. I love exploring and bypassing stuff. My BE racial is just ‘Press this when it lights up’. Whee.

1 Like

Well of course they fixed it, after Method race transferred everyone they could to Troll is was clear something had to be done. Honestly they should have thrown racial abilities in the trash long ago, all they have done is sever to cause one balance issue after another.

3 Likes

The avalanche you so speak of happened during the mists (some in cata I believe) era. Why switch back when it costs lots and lots of money. Sure people followed like sheep back then, but don’t try to make it seem like racials is the cause of this now, the damage was done and there hasn’t been any reason for people to switch back.

Why should they? It was used/abused by less than 1% (probably less then 0.5%) who the hell cares, it wouldn’t have affected the majority of the playerbase to leave it as is.

3 Likes

God you guys will never get over that human racial will you? Funny how once BEs were added everything changed, in spite of that “insanely” OP racial…

4 Likes

Oh. So… we still have at least two PTR builds before they’re released?

Drat… there goes my hopes of their release actually being soon (._. )

1 Like

According to EU Realm Pop, the distribution is 50.2% alliance and 49.8% horde. Are racial abilities different in different regions?

1 Like

Meh. Maybe in some group content but solo questing it honestly doesn’t matter if you leave any mob’s buff up or not. Dispelling is just something to do for the sake of pushing a button. I’ve never had a fight that was substantially harder without a purge.

Uh, the human racial got nerfed last expansion…if you ever bothered checking the boards for PvP ever you’d see every class that could roll human completely dominated leader boards.

But let’s just ignore that and focus on nerfing things that we dislike only, right?

3 Likes

No one is talking about population balance, we are discussing faction balance within the competitive game play. Do me a favor and remind me when was the last time an Alliance guild got a world first? Hell let me make it easier, how about just a top 5 world kill.

8 Likes

That makes no sense. A pure DPS class choosing a DPS-friendly Loa has absolutely no trade-off.

It’s a really poor analysis of the racial to think “oh, you’re stuck with your choice for five days” would somehow make it reasonable to have it overpowered.