Yup, simply another AV post

Yeah, just here to voice my opinion since apparently it matters (I don’t think it does). Did plenty of pvping back in Vanilla and hit rank 14. Definitely don’t want cross-server BG’s as I think growing community within your own realm is important and keeps the stakes higher. Also, I would love to see a harder AV with more npcs and taking more coordination on all fronts. If you want a quick pvp, I always thought that was what WSG and AB were for. AV was for a sense of an actual battle with another faction in a small living world. Just my opinion.

19 Likes

It really was a living world. Also, taking objectives where a huge accomplishment. Actually seeing a AV win was also very special.

4 Likes

Really glad you made this into a seperate thread instead of putting it in the stickied thread where it belongs. Good job A++ keep up the good fight. :^)

4 Likes

No cross realm and 1.5 AV so basically what you’re asking for is 5+ hour long que times just to get into an AV? Am I reading that right?

-Sinclaire -Torch-

2 Likes

What you don’t play WoW all day long if possible??? I know I would love too.

1 Like

Playing AV all day? Yes.

Waiting in Q all day for AV? No.

1 Like

We dealt with that on MalGanis. It was just what it was. It meant that when it popped it meant that much more. We were not standing there at a battlemaster idle. We went and did stuff in the game. If it popped while we were online, it popped. We joined, did a few objectives, killed a bunch in PVP, helped the advance, and either stayed or left, having made meaningful rep and honor.

4 Likes

I think BFA polluted your mind…

Classic WoW has a lot more going on than just the BG’s, the world is actually fun and has stuff to do that’s not a daily quest.

6 Likes

Except when it finally popped I was in a raid, a dungeon, or helping someone else and I got to actually do AV probably a total of 25 times at the most throughout vanilla lol.

Another big downside to 1.5 AV was it made every other bg basically obsolete for anyone going for ranks unless you had a premade. The honor gain from AV was absolutely insane.

-Sinclaire -Torch-

1 Like

OK? Did that make the raid, dungeon or helping someone less valued?

When did I say otherwise?

And are you actually defending those long Q times?

I do believe you missed the point entirely…

I could say the same in regards to your response to me.

Did you play Horde or Alliance on Mal’ganis. I was in Total War (Horde)on Mal’ganis till it fell apart when DHK’s were introduced. We mostly did world pvp and city raids.

Yeah, I mean if you prefer to play 5-10 minute round AV’s well… Since I played from the beginning I don’t think that is the spirit of AV. That’s what WSG and AB were for. AV, for myself, was something more special where if it took that long to queue up usually the people who weren’t hardcore just signed on during peak times and started the matches with their queue. Also, battles could rage on for hours or even days sometimes. You could go play CoD if you want quick twitch matches. You can even play WoW pvp for real fast queues and matches generally with WSG and AB regardless of server. Just my opinion and how I viewed it during my rep grind on a medium pop server. In other words, I wouldn’t trade 100 zergfest AV’s that took only ten minutes max over hours queue potentially during non peak hours (queues were not that long ever on peak hours, they popped regular on my medium server), for major AV battles that normally could take a couple hours and up to two days sometimes. I think when AV hit those highs it absolutely was worth the wait. I think the ceiling is definitely capped low with cross-server 1.12 AV BG’s. All I’m sayin’.

1 Like

I don’t doubt that AV Q’s will be long, they have been really long for over a DECADE if you play alliance…

It’s something I am very much use too…

Sooooooo, where’s the difference?

@people crying about q times.

There was more than 1 AV at a time possible. Waiting in q for 5 hours was not common. Maybe 30min

2 Likes

I would have loved to do the BG if it popped but I am also not just going to up and leave a party to do a BG even if it did take hours for the que to finally pop. Oh screw you guys my AV que popped bye.

If I was out farming and it popped sure I’d take it and play for awhile. But unfortunately that was almost never the case. Until later and the BG was changed and I was finally able to actually get TUF.

-Sinclaire -Torch-

You’re right there would be maybe 3 or 4 that went on for 10+ hours a piece.

-Sinclaire -Torch-

I have waited in Q for AV for over an Hour in modern WoW…

Why? Because the Horde back when Black listing BG’s was a thing were blacklisting AV and did not play it.

Now they just dont Q for “Epic BG’s” so the Q’s still don’t pop…

OG AV is better if you’re horde because with the NPC’s that town that people think is worthless as a choke point suddenly becomes an impassible gauntlet that the raid needs to clear…