"You're not supposed to be good at everything"

well i dont think i suck because i took it i think i suck as arcane in dungeons because my damage was really bad compared to when i just play frost

my point i guess was that being able to swap around all your stuff doesnt matter if your spec doesnt do well in that area of the game

1 Like

Yes, but I’m not myself in Wow. I’m a spacegoat using holy magic from a giant crystalboi. There’s no reason the character couldn’t be good at everything outside of artificial limitations.

Guess who’s the one controlling that spacegoat?

You.

And your interests and desires will limit you from being good at everything.

Like Marksman, Arcane is very competitive on Single Target fights, so if you were to use it anywhere, Raids would be the optimal environment for that spec.

Also Arcane is just plain bad because of the GCD being imposed on every dang spell in existence.

All specs perform well in every part of the game except at the extreme endgame.

It’s entirely possible for someone to be interested in and good at all aspects of WoW.

We know,

Covenant “limitations” won’t change that.

i think they probably can yeah, but if a spec is really good its probably easier for worse players to play it at a reasonable level than it is to play a really bad spec at a reasonable level and idk how covenant abilities will change that

1 Like

They will limit them from being the best they could be due to imposed restrictions.

Then change your covenant.

Simple.

This changing the limitation. Not a solution to the problem.

Well you’re supposed to come up with your own solutions.

Here is my game plan for Shadowlands.

Release 9.0:

• Pick the Covenant that I think will be the best in open world, dungeons, and Torghast for the first two months. Grind to the top, get the legendaries, get Season 1 Keystone Master, Pathfinder, etc.

• The waning months of 9.0 I will switch my covenant to better accomodate Single Target/Cleave environment of raids, since I already have the gear from dungeons, torghast, and the open world, I will be ready to step into Castle Nathria and get my Season 1 AotC.

I don’t want to be good at everything. It would be nice to be good at something though.

How is it going to be good? There will be 3-4 good classes that you take to everything and everything else will be garbage.

And are you assuming those 3-4 classes will be the only classes used throughout every scenario. Using the diversification of tools why wouldn’t there be a rolling change of specs/classes utilized?

Its usually not how the meta works. Even with the changes blizzard is putting into place it wont stop the same thing from happening. The highest performing classes will be identified and used. Everyone might as well start playing shadow priest if youre not one of those classes.

Yea…no. That isnt the case. You probably would have said that when people gave negative feedback about the azerite gear system, which blizzard ignored because “the people giving feedback can’t possibly know it will be bad”, then spent half the expac reworking it because it was bad. (who knew?)

Nothing is perfect, and Blizzard trying to fix their mistakes, even if takes 2 patches, is good news to me. Also, not everyone provide negative feedback and some who do have good arguments. My point was not about the mood of their messages.

I just read a lot of post with people trying to find any things that might not suit their play styles regardless of what Blizzard is trying to do with the game. That is why i associate it with stress, anxiety or resistance to changes.

Again, new things may not be perfect, but at least they are working on their game to improve it so we can have more fun. To me, it’s better than a dead company with a dead product.

They blatantly ignored feedback, and are doing the same now. The players have shown over and over that we know the game, and how things interact within it, better than the devs do.

1 Like

lol
/10chars

You can lol all you want, but after ignoring tons of feedback they spend half an expac of dev time reworking the system they were told was bad.

3 Likes