"You're not supposed to be good at everything"

A Death Knight is not going to “feel worse to play”, simply because you don’t have an extra arm on a two minute cooldown that pulls and slaps people, or a replacement Death & Decay spell that’s blue.

Please get real, lol

Fire Mage absolutely feels worse to play without Lucid Dreams and the right Azerite it seems to me, you ever think that maybe that just depends on the spec you play?

And again you say you don’t care but are complaining about how your character isn’t optimized.

You’re saying this to the guy who actually doesn’t care about what azerite power he currently has attached to his mage (go look for yourself).

You took this entirely out of context. I said that people that obsess over numbers are the reason for these restrictions, and players like me are getting caught in the crossfire when we just want to experiment and have fun.

it. has. nothing. to. do. with. being. optimized. i am talking about having fun. i don’t care about your character is built because i am not trying to speak on behalf of you like you are to me.

I think that is a good thing if that is to be the upcoming situation.

What exactly then are you trying to experiment with while at the same time believing that you only have one option that makes it “feel” optimal but also makes it such that every character is properly balanced where everyone can be everything?

:thinking:

What are you talking about?

you keep like… creating strawmen and pretending those arguments apply to me.

“You’re not supposed to be good at everything” is the title of your complaint.

You “feel” that you only have one option.

Where am I’m mis-characterizing what you are saying.

i never said I feel I only have one option.

I said that I feel like my options being restricted is going to prevent my specs from feeling complete, similar to how playing them without the right azerite and essences does right now (which is how i am currently playing BFA as a returning and very casual player)

you keep sliding optimal and dps focused drivel into what i’m saying, when i very specifically said my concern is a lack of being able to swap covenant abilities at the same rate i can swap my specs may make the specs feel less fun and feel incomplete (once again similar to the issue i am currently facing in bfa)

before you reply any more, if you aren’t responding to this narrative

remember that you’re making up a strawman. nothing else you’ve tried to make me say applies to me.

No, they’re saying that you shouldn’t be good at everything because it’s impossible to be in fact, good at everything.

It stems from the basic human individual’s own interests and skills. No one in real life is good at everything, you can do everything, but you certainly won’t be remotely good at all those things.

It has nothing to do with systematic “oppression” of anyone via game systems.

but even before covenants… we aren’t all good at everything in game lol what are covenants gonna do to change that other than just be a nuisance when you wanna swap around your spec for fun

Technically, every class is able to freely be good at everything due to humongously customizable potential of Essences, Talents, Traits, etc.

There is no downside to changing your talents or essences, there is a gold price for switching up Azerite traits, but at the high endgame you either don’t have that many azerite pieces or have so much azerite pieces that you can afford to ignore the respeccing of Azerite.

People are getting mad at the price of customizing your character returning, one of the main things of WoW that existed in the early days.

they can but from what i can tell that doesn’t make them good everywhere. like, if i take beam on arcane… i still suck in dungeons lol

Nope. It all comes down to how many times my procs are proc-ing more procs and now big the proc factor is.

That’s why you don’t take beam in dungeons, you take the AoE variant, therefore making you the best for your spec at dungeons.

If you really want to max out potential, switch to a single target talent on bosses DURING the dungeon.

isnt beam the aoe essence?

i don’t think you can change talents in dungeons can you? not the keystone ones anyway

If we wanted to play real life we’d just go outside.

The point I was making is that your own limitations prevent you from being good at everything.

yeah i agree and that’s kind of what i meant in my OP, no matter what abilities they restrict players from… isn’t it just always going to be up to the play who is better anyway? so why restrict fun and options for the sake of artificially lessening the gap between players lol

Focused Azerite Beam is the go-to essence for any class in dungeons, I don’t know why you would say that you suck if you took this for dungeons.